Interesting problem with ATI X1600XT

8 posts in this topic

So following the Boris Badenov hack instructions doesn't seem to work on this particular card. Why? Because the card's Device ID is already built into ATIRadeonX1000.kext? Its a sapphire X1600XT, Device ID 71c0- which is the last entry under IOPCIMATCH in ATIRadeonX1000.kext.

Trying the Badenov method one step at a time, everything works fine until attempting to change ATY,WORMY to display in ATINDRV.kext- once that is done, the system will not display graphics properly in OS X- unless in Safe Mode, where ATINDRV begins functioning correctly, allowing me to change resolution (but with QE and CI disabled, hense safe mode). Why will ATINDRV not function correctly in OS X with display as the IONAMEMATCH?? Editing the ATIRadeonX1000GA.plugin doesn't seem to work- whether I use the edited version or the default settings- there is no difference...help?

It seems ATINDRV functions almost normally in Safe Mode- except for some brutal ghosting- so why is it I cannot get it to work properly outside of Safe Mode?

The rest of the system has:

Athlon 64 3800+

DFI Infinity NF4 Ultra

1 GB DDR

Anything else I need here...can't think of it

Anyone have any ideas??

I am having the exact same problem with mine!

Same device ID as well.

I've tried every release and every way to change..but nothing.

If i do a clean install....everything is fine. I get QE and CI support @ 1024x768...once i do

the edits to the driver files...it does crazy ghosting...OR it will work..but no QE or CI.

I am leaving it @ 1024x768 for the time being. I am getting some random square block (refresh issue???) around the screen also...rarely..but annoying.

Any help with this?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
If that dont work, try only editng ATINdrv.kext nothing else, and use a different output and compare your results (DVI vs. VGA)

I am so lost and confused.

What is the edit to the ATINdrv.kext?