10.6.5 is out

Kurto2021

40 posts in this topic

Tried 10.6.5 from 10.6.4 via Software update on a Gigabyte X58a-UD7 Rev 1.0 (BIOS F7), running in 64-bit mode.

Main problem right now is Ethernet (RTL8111D) not working well in 10.6.5. Downstream seems to be fine, but upstream is extremely slow or possibly lossy, to the point where web browsing is almost completely impossible. Firefox gets stuck on every page load with "Looking up []", then after a long time the page slowly (or partially with timeouts) loads.

Second problem is 10.6.4 8800GT ROM workardound for DVI to HDMI on eVGA 9800GT 1GB is now broken. System freezes completely when DVI to HDMI cable connected to HDMI TV.

Using patched DSDT.aml and smbios.plist from here:

http://www.kexts.com/view/559-gigabyte_ga-x58a-ud7_v1.6.html

10.6.4 was working like a dream.

Tried 10.6.5 from 10.6.4 via Software update on a Gigabyte X58a-UD7 Rev 1.0 (BIOS F7), running in 64-bit mode.

Main problem right now is Ethernet (RTL8111D) not working well in 10.6.5. Downstream seems to be fine, but upstream is extremely slow or possibly lossy, to the point where web browsing is almost completely impossible. Firefox gets stuck on every page load with "Looking up []", then after a long time the page slowly (or partially with timeouts) loads.

Second problem is 10.6.4 8800GT ROM workardound for DVI to HDMI on eVGA 9800GT 1GB is now broken. System freezes completely when DVI to HDMI cable connected to HDMI TV.

Using patched DSDT.aml and smbios.plist from here:

http://www.kexts.com/view/559-gigabyte_ga-x58a-ud7_v1.6.html

10.6.4 was working like a dream.

We have the same LAN chipset (8111D) and I just reinstalled Realtek's official drivers, RTG 2.0.5, to get my ethernet back.

Did the Update on my iAtkos S3 10.6.4.

now i get a kernel panic with

Kernel Extensions in backtrace (with dependencies):
 sk.triaxis.kext.SleepEnabler(1.0.0)00x4cfc5000->0x4efc6fff

BSD process name correspondingto current thread: Unknown

Mac OS version:
Not yet set

Kernel version:
Darwin Kernel Version 10.5.0: Fri Nov 5 23:20:39 PDT 2010: root:xnu/1
System model name: MacPro3,1
System uptime in nanoseconds: 277654963

What do i have to do ??

Should i remove SleepEnabler?

Try booting with " pmVersion=21 " flags. If it doesn't work you'll have to remove SleepEnabler.

Try booting with " pmVersion=21 " flags. If it doesn't work you'll have to remove SleepEnabler.

Thanks it worked.

Do I have to boot like that for ever or is the problem completely fixed after deleting SleepEnabler ?

undated with Combo update however i lost USB support. Keyboard, mouse, Optical Drive (saw it as USB before) work however NO use info found and the usb ports dont even have power now. exploring a few other threads unless someone has a solid fix.

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily]: The following symbols are unresolved for this kext:

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily]: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain17createPMAssertionEyjP9IOServicePKc

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily]: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain18releasePMAssertionEy

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel kxld[com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily]: __ZN14IOPMrootDomain19setPMAssertionLevelEyj

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel Can't load kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily - link failed.

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel Failed to load executable for kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily.

11/14/10 3:52:41 AM kernel Kext com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily failed to load (0xdc008016).

EDIT: After looking at all the roll back ideas foe the IOUSB kexts, this doesnt make sense as mine were not touched by the update. there were only a handful of kexts that were ADDED and MODIFIED in the Ext folder. IOUSB NOT being one of them, so essentially rolling back is the same exact kext that is already there...or am i missing something?

so i updated but lost wifi – it says no airport card installed, i basically removed sleepenabler.kext from the extensions and hit software update.

2 hours later my system was booted in 10.6.5 and everything worked except the wifi card.

The card i have is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROADCOM-OEM-Wifi-Wire...c#ht_500wt_1156

i run a core 2 duo 2.7 GHZ with intel mother board (not sure on the model) 4gb ram (its an old machine i had and converted it into a HTPC of sorts)

i ran kaylaway for tiger then used original snow leopard disk to upgrade and the EP45UD3P OSx86 v3 to transfer settings, removed sleepenabler and updated to 10.6.5 – now everything works perfectly – but no airport card detected,

I have tried the old IO80211Family.kext and the IOPCIFamily.kext no luck, also tried bcm enabler- still ” no airport card detected

i have a backup of all my kexts from 10.6.4 so if anyone could guide me.

one more thing, i managed to connect to the network using hardwire b/w my router an onboard lan port, - in the network pane it shows airport connected - the status bar shows "Airpost card not installed"

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Thanks it worked.

Do I have to boot like that for ever or is the problem completely fixed after deleting SleepEnabler ?

You'll need to manually edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file and add pmVersion=21 so you don't have to type it in everytime.

Add these lines:

<key>pmVersion</key>
<string>21</string>

If you deleted SleepEnabler then there's no need for the boot flags to be there. :rolleyes:

You'll need to manually edit your com.apple.Boot.plist file and add pmVersion=21 so you don't have to type it in everytime.

Add these lines:

<key>pmVersion</key>
 <string>21</string>

If you deleted SleepEnabler then there's no need for the boot flags to be there. :rolleyes:

Okay I deleted SleepEnabler and wanted to restart. now im getting this :

img2010111400011.jpg

We have the same LAN chipset (8111D) and I just reinstalled Realtek's official drivers, RTG 2.0.5, to get my ethernet back.

Thanks for the tip, iGomi. Not sure why but the Realtek driver downloaded from here (http://www.realtek.com/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false) didn't fix my 10.6.5 Ethernet woes.

After a whole day of trial and error, I finally fixed my USB-no-mounting problem. If you've previously had working USB with 10.6.4 (without needing the 10.6.2 USB rollback), this might work for you even if you've already updated to 10.6.5:

1. Download the 10.6.4 combo updater from Apple Support Downloads. Use Pacifist to extract IOUSBFamily.kext and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext and save it to your Desktop.

2. Reinstall 10.6.5 using the combo updater, after installation DO NOT restart yet!

3. Install the 2 IOUSB kexts you earlier got from 10.6.4 using Kext Utility.

4. Repair Permissions using Disk Utility.

5. Restart and Voila! Fully working USB!

Let me know if this works for you guys with USB mounting problems. :)

EDIT: I've attached the IOUSB kexts from 10.6.4 to make things easier.

IOUSB_Family_from_10.6.4.zip

Thanks xD

alloed it to update via software update,

now getting a kernel panic cpu version mismatch between kernel and cpu pm

think this could be because i used a custom dsdt to identify the cpu when i built it?

if so, how would i go about removing that?

am on a g41m-es2l with intel e8300 in it

Matt

so i updated but lost wifi – it says no airport card installed, i basically removed sleepenabler.kext from the extensions and hit software update.

2 hours later my system was booted in 10.6.5 and everything worked except the wifi card.

The card i have is here

http://cgi.ebay.com/BROADCOM-OEM-Wifi-Wire...c#ht_500wt_1156

i run a core 2 duo 2.7 GHZ with intel mother board (not sure on the model) 4gb ram (its an old machine i had and converted it into a HTPC of sorts)

i ran kaylaway for tiger then used original snow leopard disk to upgrade and the EP45UD3P OSx86 v3 to transfer settings, removed sleepenabler and updated to 10.6.5 – now everything works perfectly – but no airport card detected,

I have tried the old IO80211Family.kext and the IOPCIFamily.kext no luck, also tried bcm enabler- still ” no airport card detected

i have a backup of all my kexts from 10.6.4 so if anyone could guide me.

one more thing, i managed to connect to the network using hardwire b/w my router an onboard lan port, - in the network pane it shows airport connected - the status bar shows "Airpost card not installed"

Any help is appreciated.

thanks

Any luck with this? I lost my wifi too. Mine was a broadcom 4320 chipset too. I have tried all you mentioned above as well.

solved mine by booting to the old install on the second disk, removed the kext and rebooted. then had to use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] to get audio back.

Matt