Facetime Supported Camera

badboyz

7 posts in this topic

ok so as we all know Facetime is out, i have everything installed on my Hackint0sh but when i load facetime it says "Facetime Requires a supported Camera" and then the app forces me to quit :( is there anyway of knowing what is the list of camera that facetime supports? especially ext USB camera, i currently have a PS3 Eye Cam and Using my iphone 4 via iWebCamera program as a camera also, doubt that will work by a long shot.

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought a used Logitech Quickcam e3500!

It was in the hardware compatibility list of the osx86 wiki page, and its working like they said.

Works out of the box with my 10.6.4 hackintosh.

Tried facetime, skype, messenger, photobooth so far. Works great! No kexts required.

Sometimes the cam's mic not recording. I have to figure it out why.

Hope it helps guys..

I tried logitech C200 too but it worked only on my old system under Leopard.

• 5 months later...
Just bought a used Logitech Quickcam e3500!

It was in the hardware compatibility list of the osx86 wiki page, and its working like they said.

Works out of the box with my 10.6.4 hackintosh.

Tried facetime, skype, messenger, photobooth so far. Works great! No kexts required.

Sometimes the cam's mic not recording. I have to figure it out why.

Hope it helps guys..

I tried logitech C200 too but it worked only on my old system under Leopard.

so this defo works with Face time ?? thanks for your input

I have the Microsoft Cinema cam. Definitely works in iChat and Facetime. Does not work in photobooth (photobooth squishes the 16:9 ratio, but the other two programs just crop it out). In order to get frame rates higher than 10fps or so, every time I turn my computer on, I have to go to "video effects" in iChat, choose one with a backdrop and as soon as it says "please step out of the frame" (you have to have a video preview window open too) you switch back to regular. I don't know why this works, but it does. Every time. After you do this, the camera runs flawlessly at 30fps with a great picture.