DSDT Auto-Patcher

MaLd0n

5,756 posts in this topic

Hi,

Recently I tried out the dsdt.aml that you have sent me. However it didn't work. I was wondering what could it affect booting up the system. The thing is that I recently made a memory upgrade from 4gb to 8gb I wonder will this factor affect it to boot. Because the dsdt I sent you couple of days back was when my system was still on 4gb. Anyways, I have a image below showing the point where the kernel panic happened and hopefully find what's causing it to not boot. I also attached the dsdt.aml that you sent me in case you need it. Btw I'm running on the chameleon 2.0 rc4 bootloader on 10.6.8.

imag0260n.jpg

Thanks in advanced,

dsdt.W.Ben.zip

use another smbios

I tried it with macbook pro macbook pro 8.2 and 8.3

Macbook pro 8,3

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>02/07/11</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP81.88Z.0047.B04.1102071707</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-942459F5819B171B</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBookPro</string>
<key>SMmanufactuer</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,3</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string></string>
</dict>
</plist>

Macbook pro 8,2

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosvendor</key>
<string>Apple Inc.</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBP81.0047.B0E</string>
<key>SMboardproduct</key>
<string>Mac-94245A3940C91C80</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Pro</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookPro8,2</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C02FHXXXDF8V</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.69f1</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Thanks!

@MaLd0n

The internal Intel HD3000 (HD2000) graphics uses shared RAM of up to 480 (482)MB,

but both IORegistryExplorer and the kext rapports 512MB.

Is it possible to patch / modify the DSDT so the shared RAM can be set to 384MB or 480MB ??

Or even better the current allocated shared RAM value set in the BIOS ??

I believe the graphics distortions / fields with missing graphics are caused by the kexts are using the non-exsistent RAM area between the physical shared RAM and the 512MB the kext uses..

Regards

Hello,

I was wondering if you can help me with problems i'm having with the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext. i've been unable to get the internal display to show up when using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB using the various methods i've researched on this site. i've attached the send_me.zip file that was generated regarding my system.

thx much for any help!

My System:

Toshiba R835-P70 Laptop

Intel i5 2840m chipset

Intel HD 3000 Mobile graphics

send_me.zip

Hello,

I was wondering if you can help me with problems i'm having with the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext. i've been unable to get the internal display to show up when using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB using the various methods i've researched on this site. i've attached the send_me.zip file that was generated regarding my system.

thx much for any help!

My System:

Toshiba R835-P70 Laptop

Intel i5 2840m chipset

Intel HD 3000 Mobile graphics

use it

boot.zip

+ GraphicsEnabler=Yes

Hi MaLD0n,

I used the new boot file you made but am still having the same problems i'm experiencing before when using AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB. the display will only come out on the HDMI connector and the internal display is blank with the backlight on. if i don't use the the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsKB kext i can boot into the internal display but at one resolution (1078 x 766).

anything else i can do?

ps i do have graphics enabled.

i am using the original kext (AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB from 10.7.1).

Try changing order in _DOD

example

Method (_DOD, 0, NotSerialized)
				{
					Return (Package (0x03)
					{
						0x00010110, 
						0x00010100, 
						0x0200
					})
				}

0x0100 = CRT

0x0110 = LCD

my dsdt doesn't seem to have that particular order. This is what i have in on my current system. Is 80000100 still CRT?

Method (_DOD, 0, NotSerialized)

{

[...]

If (LEqual (NDID, 0x03))

{

Return (Package (0x03)

{

0x80000100,

0x80000400,

0x80000300

})

}

[...]

}

also, i've uploaded some files captured using the run_me app using the boot file you made for me and also using the AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB kext. btw, i had installed chimera 1.5 before all this. i think 1.5 is based on chameleon r2rc5...not sure tho.

send_me.zip

Dear Maldon

i need your help to patch my brother notebook, Sony vaio E series VPCEA36FG.

processor: i 560M, vga: aTi 5650M, sound: Realtek HD. Devices and DSDT.dsl included extracted using latest 20110623 iasl.exe -g from http://www.acpica.org/ for windows.

There's too much error to patch, and the BIOS is too simple to customise.

i hope this can be produce customized dsdt.aml that can be through the lion installation process via myhack2.

I could edit this dsdt using windows via XP_DSDT and DSDTE4win, and compile it using iasl, but i need your direction.

Thank you.

dsdt_vaio_notebook_e_series_vpcea36fg.zip

Do u have a windows version of the auto patcher? Because currently I do not have access to mac, so I can not patch it :(

http://olarila.com/auto-patcher/aplist.pl

Dear Maldon

i need your help to patch my brother notebook, Sony vaio E series VPCEA36FG.

processor: i 560M, vga: aTi 5650M, sound: Realtek HD. Devices and DSDT.dsl included extracted using latest 20110623 iasl.exe -g from http://www.acpica.org/ for windows.

There's too much error to patch, and the BIOS is too simple to customise.

i hope this can be produce customized dsdt.aml that can be through the lion installation process via myhack2.

I could edit this dsdt using windows via XP_DSDT and DSDTE4win, and compile it using iasl, but i need your direction.

Thank you.

dsdt.Babiloe.zip

Hello MaLd0n!

May I start by saying a huge THANK YOU, for what you are doing here! This kind of help is outstanding and you have a great deal on knowledge on the subject of DSDT patching, which you selflessly share with the community! As someone who has worked with online projects before (xbox modding/emulation scene) I know how much dedication it takes to learn so much about a topic, and also how rewarding, yet time-consuming it can be. So thank you!

Now, I am relatively new to DSDT patching and am having some issues which I would greatly appreciate your help with! Now this may be a rather long post so thank you in advance for reading all of it, I just want to try to give you as much information as necessary to assist me =) My system Specs are as follows:

Lenovo G560

CPU: i5 480M

8GB Ram 1066

Nvidia 310M

Audio: Conexant cx20585

My /E/E/ folder contains:

ACPIMonitor

AppleHDADisabler

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

LegacyAtheros

LidSleep

VoodooBattery

VoodooPS2Controller

Also I am using Darwin kernel 10.8 on SL 10.6.8, and Mac model 6,1 in smbios.plist.

I have extracted my dsdt.aml with 'DSDTSE' and patched using 'DSDT Auto-Patcher' successfully without errors.

My issues, in order of importance for me, are as follows:

1. C-States not working. I have tried enabling them through Enable C States=True, and have attempted to copy them from SSDT tables without luck. The strange thing is they seemed to work initially on the darwin 10.7 kernel but my geekbench scores were around 20% lower with them enabled. And now when I try to boot with the 10.7 kernel I get stuck at “PCI Configuration begin”? I want to extract my SSDT tables from when they are enabled to attempt to use them with the 10.8 kernel, but now can't seem to get past this error and I dont know what I have changed since to cause this error..

2. Sound only via VoodooHDA in S/L/E, which is "ok" but the sound quality is bad (pops on bass hits etc.) and I get KP's around every 2nd boot.. So if you could patch my DSDT to prepare for modified AppleHDA then that would be great. I intend to patch my AppleHDA using info from here: AppleHDA mic Problem

3. Sleep works, but only on battery. When plugged in it will sleep, but then wakes back up immediately..

4. Graphics works fine with Graphicsenabler=True. If it isn't much trouble then to have this added to the DSDT would be good, but if it's hard or there is no advantage then dont worry about it.

5. P-states work correctly (I think) but there doesn't seem to be any turbo mode? SMC monitor only shows maximum of 2.1Ghz under load? Maybe this value is incorrect, I'm not sure. Either way I'm not too worried because it is fast enough for my purposes.

That's basically it. If I had all of these things working correctly (even just the first 2/3) I would be SO HAPPY! I love my hackintoshes, but to have the Lenovo basically perfect would be AWESOME!

Here is my dsdt.aml: ZacMonkeysdsdt.aml

Thank you so co much in advance! I am waiting eagerly for your response =) And keep up the good work, the community needs more people like you!

Kind regards,

Zac (aka Monkeys)

Hi MaldOn,

I was wondering if you could please explain to me couple of things:

I have an Asus UL80Jt, which runs perfect with the modified dsdt, thanks to you. However,it seems that cpu speed is being messed up somewhere although the boot loader seems to get the right values, here is the first few lines of bdmesg:

msr(226): platform_info 20010900

msr(230): flex_ratio 00000000

Sticking with [bCLK: 177Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 90]

CPU: Brand String: Intel® Core i3 CPU U 330 @ 1.20GHz

CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily: 0x756e6547/0x6/0x0

CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping: 0x25/0x2/0x5

CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef: 0x0/0x9

CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv: 0x0/0x0

CPU: TSCFreq: 1593MHz

CPU: FSBFreq: 177MHz i

CPU: CPUFreq: 1593MHz

CPU: NoCores/NoThreads: 2/4

CPU: Features: 0x000002ff

According to the highlighted line my cpu frequency is 1.2, but when looking at about mac it advertises as 1.59.

This seems to make my cpu run hoter and battery last much less.

It seems to me the problem may be because of defaulting to FSBFreq 177 as opposed to 133, which is the right value based on the intel spec.

Now my questions are, 1) if I can force boot loader to use the right values? if possible could you please give me the right verbs and values to use?

2)What profile of real mac you would suggest better matching this laptop?

FYI, I am using Chameleon-2-0-r1394as my boot loader

Many thanks in advance for your comments andhelp

Artimess

@MaLd0n

The internal Intel HD3000 (HD2000) graphics uses shared RAM of up to 480 (482)MB,

but both IORegistryExplorer and the kext rapports 512MB.

Is it possible to patch / modify the DSDT so the shared RAM can be set to 384MB or 480MB ??

Or even better the current allocated shared RAM value set in the BIOS ??

I believe the graphics distortions / fields with missing graphics are caused by the kexts are using the non-exsistent RAM area between the physical shared RAM and the 512MB the kext uses..

Regards

As there are no answer I deduct that it is either not possible to set the shared RAM value correctly in the DSDT,

or nobody knows how to do it ??

Hello MaLd0n!

May I start by saying a huge THANK YOU, for what you are doing here! This kind of help is outstanding and you have a great deal on knowledge on the subject of DSDT patching, which you selflessly share with the community! As someone who has worked with online projects before (xbox modding/emulation scene) I know how much dedication it takes to learn so much about a topic, and also how rewarding, yet time-consuming it can be. So thank you!

Now, I am relatively new to DSDT patching and am having some issues which I would greatly appreciate your help with! Now this may be a rather long post so thank you in advance for reading all of it, I just want to try to give you as much information as necessary to assist me =) My system Specs are as follows:

Lenovo G560

CPU: i5 480M

8GB Ram 1066

Nvidia 310M

Audio: Conexant cx20585

My /E/E/ folder contains:

ACPIMonitor

AppleHDADisabler

FakeSMC

IntelCPUMonitor

LegacyAtheros

LidSleep

VoodooBattery

VoodooPS2Controller

Also I am using Darwin kernel 10.8 on SL 10.6.8, and Mac model 6,1 in smbios.plist.

I have extracted my dsdt.aml with 'DSDTSE' and patched using 'DSDT Auto-Patcher' successfully without errors.

My issues, in order of importance for me, are as follows:

1. C-States not working. I have tried enabling them through Enable C States=True, and have attempted to copy them from SSDT tables without luck. The strange thing is they seemed to work initially on the darwin 10.7 kernel but my geekbench scores were around 20% lower with them enabled. And now when I try to boot with the 10.7 kernel I get stuck at “PCI Configuration begin”? I want to extract my SSDT tables from when they are enabled to attempt to use them with the 10.8 kernel, but now can't seem to get past this error and I dont know what I have changed since to cause this error..

2. Sound only via VoodooHDA in S/L/E, which is "ok" but the sound quality is bad (pops on bass hits etc.) and I get KP's around every 2nd boot.. So if you could patch my DSDT to prepare for modified AppleHDA then that would be great. I intend to patch my AppleHDA using info from here: AppleHDA mic Problem

3. Sleep works, but only on battery. When plugged in it will sleep, but then wakes back up immediately..

4. Graphics works fine with Graphicsenabler=True. If it isn't much trouble then to have this added to the DSDT would be good, but if it's hard or there is no advantage then dont worry about it.

5. P-states work correctly (I think) but there doesn't seem to be any turbo mode? SMC monitor only shows maximum of 2.1Ghz under load? Maybe this value is incorrect, I'm not sure. Either way I'm not too worried because it is fast enough for my purposes.

That's basically it. If I had all of these things working correctly (even just the first 2/3) I would be SO HAPPY! I love my hackintoshes, but to have the Lenovo basically perfect would be AWESOME!

Here is my dsdt.aml: ZacMonkeysdsdt.aml

Thank you so co much in advance! I am waiting eagerly for your response =) And keep up the good work, the community needs more people like you!

Kind regards,

Zac (aka Monkeys)

NativePM

see the first post

Hi MaldOn,

I was wondering if you could please explain to me couple of things:

I have an Asus UL80Jt, which runs perfect with the modified dsdt, thanks to you. However,it seems that cpu speed is being messed up somewhere although the boot loader seems to get the right values, here is the first few lines of bdmesg:

msr(226): platform_info 20010900

msr(230): flex_ratio 00000000

Sticking with [bCLK: 177Mhz, Bus-Ratio: 90]

CPU: Brand String: Intel® Core™ i3 CPU U 330 @ 1.20GHz

CPU: Vendor/Family/ExtFamily: 0x756e6547/0x6/0x0

CPU: Model/ExtModel/Stepping: 0x25/0x2/0x5

CPU: MaxCoef/CurrCoef: 0x0/0x9

CPU: MaxDiv/CurrDiv: 0x0/0x0

CPU: TSCFreq: 1593MHz

CPU: FSBFreq: 177MHz i

CPU: CPUFreq: 1593MHz

CPU: NoCores/NoThreads: 2/4

CPU: Features: 0x000002ff

According to the highlighted line my cpu frequency is 1.2, but when looking at about mac it advertises as 1.59.

This seems to make my cpu run hoter and battery last much less.

It seems to me the problem may be because of defaulting to FSBFreq 177 as opposed to 133, which is the right value based on the intel spec.

Now my questions are, 1) if I can force boot loader to use the right values? if possible could you please give me the right verbs and values to use?

2)What profile of real mac you would suggest better matching this laptop?

FYI, I am using Chameleon-2-0-r1394as my boot loader

Many thanks in advance for your comments andhelp

Artimess

SMexternalclock=xxx

As there are no answer I deduct that it is either not possible to set the shared RAM value correctly in the DSDT,

or nobody knows how to do it ??

"VRAM,totalsize"

"VRAM,totalsize"

I was aware of that it in IORegistryExplorer under the "AppelIntelSNBGraphicsFB" was a property named "VRAM,totalsize" with data <00 00 00 20> that equals 512MB.

Is it possible to modify the DSDT to tell "AppelIntelSNBGraphicsFB" to use only 384MB.

If possible I am still stuck as I do not know how to do it ;)

I was aware of that it in IORegistryExplorer under the "AppelIntelSNBGraphicsFB" was a property named "VRAM,totalsize" with data that equals 512MB.

Is it possible to modify the DSDT to tell "AppelIntelSNBGraphicsFB" to use only 384MB.

If possible I am still stuck as I do not know how to do it ;)

the correct value...

I do not know