Apple Logo on Sony PS3 website

dtm3dd

16 posts in this topic

Not a mistake like Sony has confirmed. They must have done that intentionally.

It certainly is a debate - I personally like the 'lazy developer' theory - that the devloper needed a way of getting the smoke to fall evenly and grabbed the nearest box, and it happened to be Apple.

nothing new, sony say in the first presentation of ps3 that ps3 will run linux and osx...

Yeah I agree that that was old news but did you see it? PR stunt or mistake - that has now been removed. Did you mean that sony and apple working together is old news?

Well, if you think about, Mac would be perfect for gaming.

The first playable demos of the 360 were played on a dual G5 Geforce 6800(Not sure if it was sli or not).Only thing different, is no AA.

It would be very cool to see a playstation/mac collaboration. But I cant think what Apple could bring to the table?? Marketing?

Calm down, that was discovered long ago, The company that made the site for sony used an apple pro app trial, and it included that watermark

Actually the watermark was only a theory - once the .swf was decompiled the source of the apple was actually found to be part of the smoke effect - whether it was stock footage or a lazy developer.

The Mac Rumours thread has loads on it.

It would be very cool to see a playstation/mac collaboration. But I cant think what Apple could bring to the table?? Marketing?

Unix!=D A great network client.Basically, make network gaming more stable.

Plus, Such fast ram, and a Cell CPU, the PS3 would make good for a Mac machine. Someone should find a way to get it running on the PS3 when it comes out.Linux probably will.

Someone should find a way to get it running on the PS3 when it comes out.Linux probably will.

It has already been announced that the PS3 will be able to run linux or "apple's Tiger" (thats the quote from some pres conference about it).