[WORKING] ATI Radeon HD 4670 (10.6.4)

jsfullr

74 posts in this topic

All you need to do is replace the boot file in single user mode. I don't know the commands to do this (I used my already working GUI). Maybe a terminal guru can tell us.

you dont have to be a "guru" for this; this is basic shell

PS: if your in single mode you dont need to switch to superuser

$ sudo su

$ cp /boot /boot.backup

$ cp /Path/To/New/Boot/File /boot

if you want to make boot file visible for some reason (need admin rights too; I dont know but might be that SetFile is included in Developer package, i.e. XCode)

$ SetFile -a v /boot

to make it visible again

$ SetFile -a V /boot

The -pci1 flag is almost exclusive needed if your using a GigaByte board!!!

Try without this flag first.

OK. But what about dual display with 4670! Any news???

If you are NOT looking for dual display then YES. Flicker framebuffer works fine with my Asus EAH4650 1GB. Before, it was working with Motmot but only in VGA (DVI to VGA dongle). With Flicker, I can now boot fine with straight DVI to DVI which I'm now loving.

I also have an Asus EAH4650 1GB and have been trying for the last month to get it to work.....no joy so far. Can you send me the Boot file that you are using and copies of the 4600/2000 files that you are using?

thanks in advance for you help

Here is the boot file.

Not use for you, but everybody. It is the PCEFI boot file from Netkas, guess ver 10.5, but not sure.

You should boot with "GraphicsEnabler"="Yes" or add this to boot.plist

Some GigaByte boards need boot option -pci1 too, i.e. PciRoot 1 in boot.plist.

(if u dont already have Chameleon installed, install Chameleon and just overwrite "boot" file)

for all who dont know shell basics, here the commands to copy the new boot file

$ sudo cp /boot /boot.backup

$ sudo cp /PATH/TO/BOOT /boot

to set boot or any other file visible or invisible

$ SetFile -a V /boot.backup

$ SetFile -a v /boot.backup

Later you can get rid of all gfx enablers, most common cards work with vanilla kexts

Hope this helps

boot.zip

boot.tar

Hi guys great work

im stock i cant get it to work i tried all combinations i installed:

10.6.0 then i updated to 10.6.4 after update replaced the boot but nothing happened boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci1 GraphicsEnabler=yes arch=x86_64</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>0</string>

and this

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci1</string>

nothing happened

sapphire 4670 1gb ddr3

ati init work on 10.6.2 works for me but not in 10.6.4

ATI Radeon 4600 Series:

Name: ATY,Motmot

Type: display

Driver Installed: Yes

Bus: PCI

Slot: Slot-1

Vendor ID: 0x1002

Device ID: 0x9490

Subsystem Vendor ID: 0x174b

Subsystem ID: 0xe101

Revision ID: 0x0000

Link Width: x16

Link Speed: 2.5 GT/s

10.6.0 then i updated to 10.6.4 after update replaced the boot but nothing happened boot.plist

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci1 GraphicsEnabler=yes arch=x86_64</string>

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>0</string>

and this

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>-pci1</string>

nothing happened

sapphire 4670 1gb ddr3

Well, your first plist has a double entry for pciRoot. -pci1 and PciRoot 0!!! either you set it to 0, or to 1.

(As said before :) ) try this.

0)Prestep delete any non vanilla graphics enabler files and gfx efi strings

1)OK you have replaced the boot file

2)edit your plist; it has to contain "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"; delete -pci1 and PciRoot

2.a) if no progress, try even plist without GraphicsEnabler (who knows, give it a try)

3.)o.k. if still no progress, than put GraphicsEnabler back and set -pci1 in "Kernel flags" (PciRoot 0 is the default value, so you dont add it anyway)

Please report, and dont give up, I use the same card as you do, and it works (just no dual display)

I tried

Well, your first plist has a double entry for pciRoot. -pci1 and PciRoot 0!!! either you set it to 0, or to 1.

(As said before ) try this.

0)Prestep delete any non vanilla graphics enabler files and gfx efi strings

1)OK you have replaced the boot file

2)edit your plist; it has to contain "GraphicsEnabler=Yes"; delete -pci1 and PciRoot

2.a) if no progress, try even plist without GraphicsEnabler (who knows, give it a try)

3.)o.k. if still no progress, than put GraphicsEnabler back and set -pci1 in "Kernel flags" (PciRoot 0 is the default value, so you dont add it anyway)

all these steps but nothing happend is there a video tutroial help

PLZ

all these steps but nothing happend is there a video tutroial help

PLZ

I, and I may say we,

would really like to help you.

But you should be more concrete when posting your bugs.

You dont have added new information!

here the video you asked for (not my credit)http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4IlW4nUSTlE

You see, the post before. It works. It works for me, and for other members too.

My guess is that you have some artifacts left, either efi strings, either earlier graphivs kexts enablers.

What can I say, be proactive.

-- what kexts are loaded (see if any old gfx kext are loaded)

-- that a look at boot.plist in /library/preferences/systemconfiguration (any gfx efi strings left)

-- is your boot.plist working at all (?)

-- are u using the right boot file; maybe u have a EFI partition

It will work, but somehow, somewhere, your system is messed up.

again, be more proactive.

Just give the right information, we are not magicians :)

Try this plist, if it does not work, just add this node

<key>PciRoot</key>

<string>1</string>

<plist version="1.0">

<dict>

<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>

<string>Yes</string>

<key>Kernel</key>

<string>mach_kernel</string>

<key>Timeout</key>

<string>5</string>

</dict>

</plist>

and get through the post http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=232274

there you may download the vanilla kexts, if you need

OMFG it works....my damn 4670 works after 6 months of struggle......thank you thank you very much...... :)

Glad it finally works. C wasnt so difficult. Did you had to use the -pci1 trigger, as you have GigaByte board? Try FakeSMC with monitoring, you will get gfx temp monitoring and other hardware reporting.

simple steps to get ur 4670 work :

NOTE: u need dvi-dvi cable nd pcefi 10.6 chameleon rc5

1. remove ur 4670 nd install snow leopard 10.6.4 (u can evn update to 10.6.4 from 10.6.x)

2. now install pcefi 10.6+chameleon rc5 package nd required extensions

3. now replace old boot file with the provided by jsfullr(topic.1 nd page.1)

4. now shutdown nd place the 4670 in its place with dvi-dvi cable and boot with -pci1

voila.....u r done....a fully working Ati 4670.....:(

Finally was able to get my Radeon HD 4670 card to work on 10.6.4 stock kexts. DVI output it working great. Turns out all I needed to do was to set the frame buffer to Flicker. I've attached the modified boot file for anyone else in my situation. Hope it helps.

PCEFI_10.6_Flicker_Boot_File.zip

Yeah, this works! This is the first time I have been able to have Snow Leopard running on my Asus P5Q Pro Turbo without having problems with the HD 4670. Thanks a lot for posting this!

simple steps to get ur 4670 work :

NOTE: u need dvi-dvi cable nd pcefi 10.6 chameleon rc5

To all you guys and girls who dont have a dvi2dvi cable, or monitors with no dvi, hdmi and dsub.

dont cry. You just have to framebuffer values as posted in

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=156350

there are various combinations out there, I guess even some other framebuffer not mentioned in topic 156350.

I myself have an AOC monitor with no DVI input, so I use DSub.

But to all with troubles, I rember that getting the card working can be tricky.

I my case additional to the dsub2dsub, i have to have an any kind of adapter sticked in the dvi port. I tried dvi2hdmi and dvi2dsub, both worked.

But aagin, with no adapter plugged in (even if it seems useless) the screen stayed black.Ž

So choose the frambuffer you need, and if needed just plug in an adapter in an other output of your card.

PS: glad to c that more and more get the card working. I hope with 10.6.5, we will get dual display too.

I can even play all the new 3D games like "Lego Indiana Jones" at 1280x800 without any issues whatsoever. I couldn't be much happier with the Hackintosh system I have now thanks to this modified boot file.

My System

1. Asus P5Q PRO TURBO

2. Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 2.8GHZ 12MB Cache

3. HIS HD 4670

ok, since I am using 10.6.4 right now and everything seems almost perfect at the moment is it a good idea to update 10.6.4 with any of the newly released security updates and the Graphics Update? I updated all other software like iTunes and Quicktime but I am a little afraid to install the Graphics update and two security updates so I marked them as "ignore" I'm pretty sure the security updates are ok but I dont know about the graphics update.

seems almost perfect at the moment is it a good idea to update with any of the newly released security updates and the Graphics Update? I updated all other software like iTunes and Quicktime but I am a little afraid to install the Graphics update and two security updates so I marked them as "ignore" I'm pretty sure the security updates are ok but I dont know about the graphics update.

@chad3k and all others,

one golden rules says "NEVER CHANGE A RUNNING SYSTEM", and to you yours seems almost perfect.

So one could say, just leave it as it is.

But, keeping your system up to date, gives bug fixes, new fetuares, ..., more security!

it is always a good idea to backup, if not all, than the system files. So if an update crashes your system, you can easily switch back and downgrade.

My advise is to

1) check the news, i.e. what do other user say. is the new update "save"

2) always have a backup of /System/Library/Extensions and /Library/Preferences, E/E and boot

3) know how to restore your system

TIP: best is to have an running system on a flash drive. This gives you the chance to restore your system from desktop system. search for Leo 911 Pro. I use it now. no need for an second hfs system on my disks anymore (check it out, its great)

Or, get yourself macdrive, and u can access your hfs+ system from within windows.

...there is so much more to say, but thats not the topic of this thread

if you have any questions, 1. search the forum, 2. google, ... if nothing helps pm other users.

and, who knows, maybe the new update make the hd4670 dual dispaly capable!

cheers

Hi,

It's been a long time I travel all around this forum for every issue I got and I have to say that the best step I made with this topic !

Finally I can boot properly with my HD4870, thanks a lot !

Unfortunately QE/CI is not working for me (and only image on my DVI, not HDMI but I guess there's no solution)

I deleted evoenabler and aty_init, got every kext from 10.6.4, graphicsenabler=y

What more should I do to get a perfect screen ?

Thanks in advance.

Finally I can boot properly with my HD4870, thanks a lot !

Unfortunately QE/CI is not working for me

Thanks in advance.

4870?! typo or what? :D

1.) are u sure that qe/ci isnt working (test with frontrow, and c if u c any wobbling effects when adding a widget in dashboard) :D

2.) maybe in ur system qe/ci is set of. try enableing it with EFIStudio or OSx86Tools

3.) if that doesnt work, search the 4870 topics (I dont have this card) :D

glad its works now in native display modes

cheers

OP thank you so much for your post.

Purchased October 2009 I got a great deal on an MSI R4670 MD1G, $70. w/$40. MIR if memory serves. Unfortunately even a great deal is worthless if it cannot be used. Finally, thanks to your post I can use it.

Old: EVGA GeForce 7900GS 256mb

New: MSI R4670 MD1G 1Gb

I am running the current OS 10.6.4 including the latest Graphics and Security updates.

1. replaced Chameleon 2 RC4 boot file with jsfullr's PCEFI boot file in post #1

2. edited /EFI/Extras/com.apple.boot.plist & /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/com.apple.Boot.plist to

a. remove 7900GS GFI strings

b. change kernel flags to PCEFI compatible

c. include GraphicsEnabler=yes under the Kernel Flags key. Previously it was it's own key. Don't know if it makes a difference though. I just copied the prior example.

r4670upgrade.th.png

For reference my /EFI/Extras/com.apple.boot.plist follows:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Boot Banner</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>arch=x32 GraphicsEnabler=yes<</string>
<key>Rescan</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Rescan Prompt</key>
<string>yes</string>
<key>SMBIOSdefaults</key>
<string>No</string>
<key>Timeout</key>
<string>0</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Blackosx_Big_Screen_Theme (3 devices)</string>
</dict>
</plist>

For reference my /Extra/Extensions are:

AD200b.kext

fakesmc.kext

IONetworkingFamily.kext

JMicronATA.kext

LegacyJMB836xSATA.kext

NullCPUPowerManagement.kext

OSXRestart.kext

PlatformUUID.kext

My hardware is in my signature. I am running a modified DSDT.

I do have a question:

1. Can anyone recommend a method to test whether QE/CI are active and/or graphics performance?

- Hulu is running smooth at 480p

- high bitrate 1080p BluRay rips play smooth in QuickTime player

- saw prior post and FrontRow played fine but not certain what to look for

Still have to test 64bit OS with the new card.

OP once more, thanks!

see post above.

smallOpenGL FPS Bench @ 1680 x 1050

scene 1 - Min: 110 Max: 157

scene 2 - Min: 342 Max: 361

These are without touching the mouse as I noticed I could get higher FPS by moving the scene to a part with less activity. These fps are just as the screen was drawn.

Results	222.67	
System Info		
	Xbench Version		1.3
	System Version		10.6.4 (10F569)
	Physical RAM		4096 MB
	Model		MacPro3,1
	Drive Type		WDC WD5000AAKS-00A7B2
Quartz Graphics Test	219.25	
	Line	213.93	14.24 Klines/sec [50% alpha]
	Rectangle	207.32	61.90 Krects/sec [50% alpha]
	Circle	236.43	19.27 Kcircles/sec [50% alpha]
	Bezier	137.27	3.46 Kbeziers/sec [50% alpha]
	Text	557.79	34.89 Kchars/sec
OpenGL Graphics Test	226.20	
	Spinning Squares	226.20	286.95 frames/sec

Hi,

It's hard work for a newbie (me) to get this to work and i have a working 10.6.2 but as i said before i cant get it to work with 10.6.4 Help need it

I deleted installed 10.6.4, aty_init, graphicsenabler=y and replaced boot

but nothing happened beside black screen

p.s i even tried vga to dvi :(

ASUS P5G41C-M

QUAD CORE 8300

4GB DDR3

SAPPHIRE HD 4670 1G GDDR3 PCI-E (New Edition)

500GB

LG MONITOR HAS ONLY VGA OUTPUT CONNECTED TO VGA

This config works on 10.6.2 64bit

[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] 2.1.1

[url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] with support

ati_init

Need help for 10.6.4

Thanks in advance.

Graphicsenabler is not an kernel flag , x32 is overholed use i386 (for 32 Bit Kernelmode) , one

arch=x32 GraphicsEnabler=yes

use:

arch=i386

GraphicsEnabler

Yes

The fps and other benchresults are OK, if no OpenGL (Softwarerenderer) you would get only 1/10-1/30 of that results.

My 9600GT get a bit lower FPS.

Also good (often used to compare) is OpenGLExtensionsviewer Test.

Use Multisampling*2, Anitros*2 . to compare to others (screen res) better use lowered res to 1024x768 in non fullscreenmode - so most other can use same res.

9600GT Multisampling*2, Anitros*2 , 1024x768 in windowed mode:

Bildschirmfoto_2010_10_01_um_08.48.03.jpg

<string>arch=x32 GraphicsEnabler=yes<</string>

use:

<string>arch=i386</string>

<string>Yes</string>

Regarding where to set GraphicsEnabler if in a separated node or in Kernel Flags, is more a estatical issue. I use it in Kernel Flags. But both seem equal.

I would also say that this is not a real "kernel flag", but on the other hand are most of the plist options rather Chameleon boot flags, then kernel flags.

Anyway, that more or less a scholastic discussion, as both work.

@shamdin

Before all this: what is the "main" out port of your gfx. Most times its the 1st port from the left, looking towards the back of your chase.

If this is DVI, as I am quite sure, first put a DVI2DSub adapter and c if your black screen gets shiny

Secondly: put any adapter that fits in the first output of your gfx. Does not have to connected to monitor, just a adapter plugged in. Connect your monitor via DSub.

(later if that works, you may change the "port behaviour" by changing framebuffer)

"play around with gfx ports and adapters". Even if it does not seem to make any sense, to have a adapter plugged in, that is not connected o any monitor, this may get finally get your screen shiny.

If still no success, please go along this steps again:

I suggest you take a second look at /System/Library/Exetensions

1.)Sort the kexts in this directory by date, thats most times the best way to see what not vanilla kexts are in your system. Delete any no vanilla ati gfx kexts

2.)Look out for any graphics kexts in /Extra too

3.)Try to boot without any DSDT. Usually its in /Extra. Maybe in there are some gfx settings.

If you lose ethernet, audio, etc. you can easily rebuild it with DSDTSE or DSDTEditor, or grab a working DSDT from other users with the same mobo, or use your backup.

4.) Look for gfx efi strings both in plist in /Extra and in /Libary/Preferences/SystemPreferences and delete them

5.) are u using Chameleon 2 RC4, if not just reinstall. There are install packages out there.

Do not forget to replace /boot afterwards with netkas pcefi 10.6 /boot

6.) lately try to boot up with -pci1

Dont give up, it will work. Do some reading through this thread, maybe others, ...

it works in other hacks, therefore it will work in your hack

Regarding where to set GraphicsEnabler if in a separated node or in Kernel Flags, is more a estatical issue. I use it in Kernel Flags. But both seem equal.

I would also say that this is not a real "kernel flag", but on the other hand are most of the plist options rather Chameleon boot flags, then kernel flags.

Anyway, that more or less a scholastic discussion, as both work.

@mitch_de

Thanks for catching that. I moved to 64bit mode since that post as everything was working well. My working config was:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=yes<</string>

... which I changed to ...

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>
	<string>yes</string>

... and promptly booted to a black screen.

I returned the boot.plist to it's previous state minus the extraneous less than symbol...

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64 GraphicsEnabler=yes</string>

... and booted just fine once more. Thought I'd try the GraphicsEnabler flag earlier in the boot.plist to see if it had any effect.

<string>yes</string>
	<key>Boot Banner</key>
	<string>No</string>
	<key>Kernel</key>
	<key>Kernel Flags</key>
	<string>arch=x86_64</string>

... and boot up just fine.

So to the question of where to place the GraphicsEnabler flag within the boot.plist booting jsfullr's (PC EFI 10.6 w/Flicker framebuffer) boot file I'd have to conclude that the GraphicEnabler flag must either be a string in the Kernel Flags key or it's own key preceding the Kernel Flags key based on my limited test above. Not sure why. Maybe netkas can shed some light on the matter.

Thoughts?

• 2 weeks later...
@mitch_de

So to the question of where to place the GraphicsEnabler flag within the boot.plist booting jsfullr's (PC EFI 10.6 w/Flicker framebuffer) boot file I'd have to conclude that the GraphicEnabler flag must either be a string in the Kernel Flags key or it's own key preceding the Kernel Flags key based on my limited test above. Not sure why. Maybe netkas can shed some light on the matter.

Thoughts?

Well, as said before.

boot.plist contains OSx86 bootloader flags as well as OS X flags.

If you take a look at the boot up process, than you'll see a short message, just after boot is started (in verbose mode), before any kernel messages appear.

I guess Netkas stets up some values in the virtual SMC, and one of these is "GraphicsEnabler".

Maybe you post a feature request at his site, to improve parsing of plist.

On an other hd4670 post a user posted, to have dual dispaly working (DVI and HDMI port).

Can anybody confirm this?!!

PS: you can delete x64 boot flag, as it's the standard boot flag. Your system should boot in x64 mode, whenever not explicitly told to use x32 mode, i.e -x32 or arch=i3686

• 3 weeks later...
Well, as said before.

boot.plist contains OSx86 bootloader flags as well as OS X flags.

If you take a look at the boot up process, than you'll see a short message, just after boot is started (in verbose mode), before any kernel messages appear.

I guess Netkas stets up some values in the virtual SMC, and one of these is "GraphicsEnabler".

Maybe you post a feature request at his site, to improve parsing of plist.

On an other hd4670 post a user posted, to have dual dispaly working (DVI and HDMI port).

Can anybody confirm this?!!

PS: you can delete x64 boot flag, as it's the standard boot flag. Your system should boot in x64 mode, whenever not explicitly told to use x32 mode, i.e -x32 or arch=i3686

First off, very glad i found this thread as it made my HIS HD 4670 work perfectly. Now for my noobish question. I made my Hackintosh and had been using [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] which uses RC4 of Chameleon. To use this file, I installed PC-EFI 10.6 and then replaced the boot file. However, then I am on an earlier version of Chameleon with its own set of issues. My question is, if I use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and just replace the boot file with the by the OP, will it work? Does that mean i am still on RC4 or inherently the boot file is bringing me back to RC3? Sorry if that sounds stupid but still trying to understand the dyanmics because my understanding was that [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] now includes the fixes from PC-EFI so i was hoping to get the benefits of using it but applying the fix in the OP boot file.

Much thanks and sorry again for the noob question.

@dhy8386

1. My question is, if I use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and just replace the boot file with the by the OP, will it work?

Well, you should try. I guess it should work.

2. Does that mean i am still on RC4 or inherently the boot file is bringing me back to RC3?

I say no. You will be able to use RC4 features like "Hide Partition", etc

Other Chameleon releases loose function when changing boot file to pcefi. One is the branch, that has automated mem recognition, but that is not standard RC4.

...To use this file, I installed PC-EFI 10.6 and then replaced the boot file...

U do not need to install PCefi, just replace the "boot" files, on an installed Chameleon boot loader.

...that [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] now includes the fixes from PC-EFI...

I do not use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], but this fix is usually called Netkas ATI fix or PCefi GraphicsEnabler fix. As I know [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] is an collection of kexts and install scripts. All other functions of [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] should work fine and separated from this fix.

I suggest you try th following with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]:

- use ChameleonRC4

- set GraphicsEnabler=yes

- install all other non gfx fixes u need

- afterwards, replace boot

Other questions may be more related to [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Cheers

@dhy8386

1. My question is, if I use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] and just replace the boot file with the by the OP, will it work?

Well, you should try. I guess it should work.

2. Does that mean i am still on RC4 or inherently the boot file is bringing me back to RC3?

I say no. You will be able to use RC4 features like "Hide Partition", etc

Other Chameleon releases loose function when changing boot file to pcefi. One is the branch, that has automated mem recognition, but that is not standard RC4.

...To use this file, I installed PC-EFI 10.6 and then replaced the boot file...

U do not need to install PCefi, just replace the "boot" files, on an installed Chameleon boot loader.

...that [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] now includes the fixes from PC-EFI...

I do not use [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url], but this fix is usually called Netkas ATI fix or PCefi GraphicsEnabler fix. As I know [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] is an collection of kexts and install scripts. All other functions of [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url] should work fine and separated from this fix.

I suggest you try th following with [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url]:

- use ChameleonRC4

- set GraphicsEnabler=yes

- install all other non gfx fixes u need

- afterwards, replace boot

Other questions may be more related to [url=&quot;http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/279450-why-insanelymac-does-not-support-tonymacx86/&quot;]#####[/url].

Cheers

Dino,

You were correct on all fronts. It worked perfectly. Much thanks for your help. Now on to solve my audio issues.