GT 240 Woes

Plucka

33 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Hey all sorry if my topic isnt very different from all the others here, but I am having a very tough time getting my Palit Geforce GT 240 512mb card recognized in about this mac, I have read a lot of posts here and havent been able to find the right answers. Is there anybody that would be able to share their experiences with this or a similar card? I have it sort of working now, but, I cant tell if its installed properly? I have the cuda drivers installed in preference pane and have tried efi studio using the 9800 GT 1024mb string in the drop down table. Also have tried NVenabler 64 by placing it in my extras folder, after all this I still cannot get the card to be correctly recognized?

Is there anybody that is willing to help with this, I am sure a lot of people are in the same boat as I am.

Cheers and thanks for any and all replies, Plucka

well i have a gt240 1gb and at first my system didn´t recognize it! i only have 32 vram... i make it work with this instalation!

check my post in tonymac:

http://www.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=8330

i hope it help you!

• 2 weeks later...
Many thx to WallyFTW and Plucka, works like a charm for me!!!

the model i'm using is Asus ENGT240 1gb ddr3...

thanks so much! =)

I have this card and HDMI video is not working for me with the example - can you up your string (hex) to me? Is there something we should select for HDMI out??

I got mine working under SL quite easily.. I just added graphics enabler = yes in E/E and library preferences, with the offical nvidia cuda drivers for mac.. recognized in system profiler as well. cheers

GraphicsEnabler=Yes didn't work for my Asus 1024MB GT 240 ddr3 - does anyone have a string for this card? I would prefer the hex...

TVO

• 2 weeks later...
I have to say the best way to install a graphics card is through EFI strings.

When one uses EFI strings, is it still needed to patch NVDAResman and NVDANV50Hal (in my case)?

And, if I'm not mistaken, I shouldn't have to used the PciRoot keyword in Chameleon either, right? The EFI string already contains information about the root PCI device, or should I also use it with device-properties? I've checked with Lizard and my PCI root is 1.

I'm having a hell of a time making my EVGA GeForce 8400GS work with my NForce 430 motherboard. I've tried everything. The issue it's come down to is that whenever I patch NVDAResman with my card's device ID, aftert the initial boot sequence, the signal to my monitor stops when the UI/Desktop is supposed to be displayed, and so it just goes into that sleep kind of mode that monitors go into when one turns off or set one's computer to sleep to. NVEnabler was able to give me CI and QE, but at the cost of screwing up my USB mouse and keyboard. First the mouse was super sensitive and moved in the opposite direction than you moved it to and the keyboard wouldn't work at all. After a reboot, the mouse corrected itself, but the keyboard still didn't respond.

Anyways, I have a feeling my issue is NVCAP related, so I'm going to try the method described at the beginning of this thread to create a custom EFI string with OSX86Tools.

• 3 years later...

Good luck then, it might be handy to post your specs as well, some other people may see this thread and have more help for you. Just try and follow the steps above as it does work. Otherwise let me know maybe we can figure something else out.

Cheers mate, Plucka

PS here is my NVCAP value, my own EFI string and a Hex. file cross fingers maybe they will work for you :-)

I wonder fi it's best to the steps of procedure for eahc card since their Vbioses are all a little different or if since they are the same hardware wise (well mostly) it doesn't matter.