AMD Hackintosh

AMDFTW

9 posts in this topic

Hello guys, I am new to the whole hackintosh idea and I need help. My friend recently got a hackintosh working and I though I would too. I have built a new AMD rig. Here are the parts

motherboard: GA-MA785GPMT-UD2H AM3 socket

CPU: AMD Phenom II x4 965 (3.4 Ghz)

GPU: HIS Ati HD radeon 5670 1GB GDDR5 memory

RAM: Patriot G series ram at 1066 Mhz

Hard drive: Western Digital 500gb

Wireless: ASUS PCE-N13 PCI Express Wireless Adapter

LAN: Realtek 8111C

Audio: Realtek ALC889A

What is the best distro to get all of this to work. 10.5.8 will work but I would love 10.6.3. I don't really have the money to go out and buy the retail version. Also what are the drivers or kexts I need to get all of this working. If you could post them here it would be amazing. Thanks for all your support guys. Have a good day.

Hello guys, I am new to the whole hackintosh idea and I need help. My friend recently got a hackintosh working and I though I would too. I have built a new AMD rig. Here are the parts

What is the best distro to get all of this to work. 10.5.8 will work but I would love 10.6.3. I don't really have the money to go out and buy the retail version. Also what are the drivers or kexts I need to get all of this working. If you could post them here it would be amazing. Thanks for all your support guys. Have a good day.

I used this procedure with the 10.6.3 retail DVD and it worked. You need a working copy of an OSX on the same machine and install on another drive on the same PC.

http://osx86.net/f57/amd-snow-leopard-10a432-install-t3727/

• 2 weeks later...

I have a very similar hardware configuration (except for the GPU).

I managed to successfully install the iDeneb lite edition(10.5.8)

still have no sound tough, but with help I will surely have.

Audio: Realtek ALC889A seems to be a pain in the ass.

go for it. i would gladly help whit what i could.

i used these 3 kexts (attached to this post) to get my 889a audio working, shows up fine in system profiler and stereo output works fine

ALCinject.kext

AppleHDA.kext

HDAenabler.kext

not sure all 3 are needed but i tried them and it worked in my EP45-UD3P that has 889a audio

alternate download - http://rapidshare.com/files/402353751/ALC889a.rar.html

ALC889a.rar