How Do You Get A Credit Card if You're a Freelancer?

alvin777

4 posts in this topic

Hi. Banks usually ask for a Certificate of Employment, TIN number, ITR, payslip or car registration under your name but what if you're a freelancer and you have none of those, maybe only 2 valid IDs and you needed a credit card to earn online, say if you need to be verified at Paypal which is the standard way of paying online. Paypal needs a credit or debit card (credit is preferred), preferably from popular banks. Please advice.

Gbu,

Alvin

Who ever said that you need a bank to have a credit card? While mine is under a bank I believe that you can get credit cards from Capital One and other places w/o a bank

Indeed you can also you can get a pre-paid credit card which is really a debit card that works exactly like a credit card, in that you put money on it then your available balance is how much you have on the card.

• 2 months later...

Damn.

I don't know about you guys..

The second I turned 18 I had like a million credit card offers.

So far I have about $2000 in spending power...and I have no job. Just the occasional freelance webdesign.

Free money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hahah no.

But credit sucks. Definitely maxxed it out a couple times already. Sucks making minimum payments.