kdp_poll: no debugger device

TerraPhantm

18 posts in this topic

I recently installed the dvd with the release 1 patch, and everytime I attempt to boot I get the message in my topic. The only time I'm actually get into the OS is when I boot with -x. I was able to boot normally with the deadmoo image, but I am unable to with this. I would like to be able to boot normally so I can use sound. Does anybody have a suggestion?

If it helps my specs are:

AMD Athlon X2 4400+

DFI NF4 UT Ultra-D

nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

I recently installed the dvd with the release 1 patch, and everytime I attempt to boot I get the message in my topic. The only time I'm actually get into the OS is when I boot with -x. I was able to boot normally with the deadmoo image, but I am unable to with this. I would like to be able to boot normally so I can use sound. Does anybody have a suggestion?

If it helps my specs are:

AMD Athlon X2 4400+

DFI NF4 UT Ultra-D

nVidia GeForce 7800GTX

Try one of the following at the boot options menu. The platform in the deadmoo image and the platform in the DVD install is likely to be different.

platform=ACPI

platform=x86pc

platform=ADP2,1

If this corrects the problem, you can add the correct platform assignment in the com.apple.boot.plist file located in library->preferences->system configuration. Place it here.

<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>platform=whatever</string>

That would not apply to my processor, since all Athlon 64 X2 processors support SSE2 and SSE3

... which is not an error message. Would you please be so kind and include the complete error message in your question?

If you are referring to the text after "<panic>" there isn't any, it just says <panic> and shows a lot of code underneath that.

If you are referring to the text after "<panic>" there isn't any, it just says <panic> and shows a lot of code underneath that.

Yes, and this code is what's interesting... Sure, for the uninitiated, this just looks like a lot of garbage, but these lines actually contain usefull information for those able to decipher it. I mean, the message in the subject means absolutely nothing. All it says is that after some timeout, no remote debugger has connected, so it's giving up. The interesting thing is what caused it to wanting to be debugged. If you get a kernel panic, everything that's still visible on screen is important.

• 2 weeks later...

thanks i was having the same problem as the thread starter. i removed the CHUD files and now it boots in regular mode!! yay. but i still get no sound and no netwoking.

for sound i have that AC'97 and network is whatever the MSI Kt8 mobo uses. any tricks i can try? its an AMD64 3000+ (SSE2). how about to get higher resolution? i know that there is no ATI drivers out there. thanks

thanks i was having the same problem as the thread starter. i removed the CHUD files and now it boots in regular mode!! yay. but i still get no sound and no netwoking.

for sound i have that AC'97 and network is whatever the MSI Kt8 mobo uses. any tricks i can try? its an AMD64 3000+ (SSE2). how about to get higher resolution? i know that there is no ATI drivers out there. thanks

Did you install off the Developer DVD or the deadmoo image?

The Developer DVD doesn't contain the AppleAC97Audio kext, I had to find it on here and patch it myself.

I don't know anything about MSI boards... check the Audio wiki, maybe?

so i got it working in regular mode. but i still cant get sound or ethernet. i have a MSI Board http://www.msicomputer.com/product/p_spec....M-ILSR&class=mb

it says :Realtek ALC655

• Compliance with AC97' v2.3 Spec, according to the WIKI that should work, but nothing. any ideas?

also its weird but under system prefferences-->network: my built in ethernet doesnt show up, only 'serial' and firewire' BUT on System Profiler, under network my built in ethernet does show up, along with serial and firewire. VIA VT8237 MAC + VIA 6103Ethernet PHY <----thats what i have. weird. any ideas? or someone with a similar set-up have any success?

Regarding the no debugger device, I had a similar problem...resolved it by re installing with SSE2 (i didn't check properly the 1st time) (i'm also talkin about the DVD patch)

drho2004, I have a similar problem....only serial and firewire shows up even though system profiler shows the ethernet card.

You can give this a try http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/Networking_Tulip

didn't work for me...i'm gonna get a netgear PCI one....