How do I boot in -s mode?

ZX81

4 posts in this topic

Hi gang,

I need help here, my system just boots straight to osx without letting me enter any boot options

I need to start as -s so that I can delete some kexts which are hanging my system at the apple logo

(happened when trying np_ 's beta 2 build 2 driver)

I have 10.4.6 image running on a second internal drive.

I am using chaino and boot.ini to get the osx start option. Here is my boot.ini file in windows

[boot loader]

;timeout=10

default=multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS

[operating systems]

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(0)partition(1)\WINDOWS="Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition" /fastdetect /NoExecute=OptIn

C:\chain0="Mac OS X"

I cant for the life or me remember how to set the boot options, I hit F8 on laptop powerup which takes me to os selector, either windows or osx, but when I move the cursor to osx it just boots immediately. I had a previous install which let me enter the boot options for OSX

I can also use acronis os selector (its deactivated now) but that too just boots right away with no option to set boot options

Any ideas? I have done numberous searches, no results, thanks

I figured it out, if anyone has the same problem when there is no boot menue shown so you can choose f8, or -s so you can fix a probem. When you are in the Acronis menue, click on osx to boot into it and instantaniously hit F8 and Return (only once!) , and it will give you the boot menue and you can choose -s and go into safe mode.