possible to install patched-iso without burn?

chenjau

16 posts in this topic

Great! thanks for the feedback. Okay, were you able to make it NOT boot into vmware on first boot? What I mean is, when you restart it after the install, mount the partition or drive as if it were installing native from an actual DVD-ROM. I don't want it to load any of the vmware drivers.

My english is bad ,so maybe I can't understand well ,But I'll tell you what I do. after finishing install in vmware , I turn vmware off not restart,and restart my real computer ,and let mac boot from real disk I have , It's working perfectly, I'm not sure the vmware drivers were taking or weren't taking in mac system By using this way.

I hope this could be some help to you,domino.:(

I completely understand you englsh chenjau. Thats exactly what I wanted to do. Thanks for confirming and posting the results. Going to try it now. Just having some problems with MD5 :(. This is my 5th MD5 try lol.

regards

thanks VN. i'll update UI and WR, but i'm farely sure I have the most updated versions. The Release 1 patch and orig dmg check just fine. I always trip up on the checksum when I convert the dmg to ISO.

I hope updating solves my nighmare lol. no pun intended.

i got the patched dvd installer to instal to a spare hard drive using vmware. mounted in daemon set vmware to use a whole physical drive aswell as the 4gb vmware drive that the installer was running on. booted the installer formatted the extra hard drive then installed took about 15 minutes. rebooted my pc hit escape , chose the disk to boot and osx loaded up

i got the patched dvd installer to instal to a spare hard drive using vmware. mounted in daemon set vmware to use a whole physical drive aswell as the 4gb vmware drive that the installer was running on. booted the installer formatted the extra hard drive then installed took about 15 minutes. rebooted my pc hit escape , chose the disk to boot and osx loaded up

Could you explain in a little more detail, so we newcomers can understand the lingo.

ok , i managed to start vmware and i saw the apple boot icon.

Now the ring on the apple goes on for a minute and then it ask me to shut down computer and restart in apple installation.

How do I do this (set vmware to use a whole physical drive aswell as the 4gb vmware drive that the installer was running on)

How do i make the whole hard drive avaialbale to vmware? I have a spare HD.

I think you shall check your hardware first ,some chips can't work .

search forum here you will get the answer.

and you mounted the iso using daemon-tools and set vmware use physical dvd-rom you mounted?

good luck;)

Chenjau

I have a dell pc Dimension 3000. Which has a pentium 4 processor with HT, I have diabled the hyper threading and also disable usb emulation in the bios, I started the installation with -v swistch and i realised that it gets stuck at this line during intallation.

Waiting for remote debugger connection

kdp_poll : no debugger device