Disable Speedstep?

dekz

8 posts in this topic

how do i go about disabling any throttling on my system? (10.6.1) desktop, system in sig-

I have tried to delete most of the "power" kext`s, nothing seems to work... cant get it off the system and have it boot at stock speeds.

If you have AppleIntelCPU...kext running then delete it (save it at some other place).

thats all, that should fix it? there is no other "thing" in osx that makes it throttle?

cause i have tried and it doesnt seem to work, lately my system boots into one speed and it stays there, wether its 2.7 or 2.2ghz... even if the computer is at 80pct load it stays the same...

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
thats all, that should fix it? there is no other "thing" in osx that makes it throttle?

cause i have tried and it doesnt seem to work, lately my system boots into one speed and it stays there, wether its 2.7 or 2.2ghz... even if the computer is at 80pct load it stays the same...

I don't know if it's still actual for you, but CPU will throttle down independently on the system drivers / modules.

I patched VoodooPState and PStateChanger to revert to 100% frequency, if thermal throttling occurs. If you are still interested I will post the modified PStateChanger.

br,

Matus