10.6.2 usb 2.0 & sleep snow

macjon1

16 posts in this topic

I have managed to get snow running on my dv4 but i have some issues such as sleep. I think the default iousbfamily.kext of 10.6.2 is the one that prevents sleeping but its also the only one that allows usb 2.0 to function propery. And also the voodoops2controller's ive tested either have tap to click or scroll but not both on my tocuhpad, i tihnk i have alps v10.115. Can any one provide a working iousfamily kext or a working voodoops2controller.

And also snow leopard drain my batter really quickly is there are power management kext that fixes this? another battery issue is that when the comp wakes from sleep, the battery meter no longer works? any fix to this?

thanks

I have managed to get snow running on my dv4 but i have some issues such as sleep. I think the default iousbfamily.kext of 10.6.2 is the one that prevents sleeping but its also the only one that allows usb 2.0 to function propery. And also the voodoops2controller's ive tested either have tap to click or scroll but not both on my tocuhpad, i tihnk i have alps v10.115. Can any one provide a working iousfamily kext or a working voodoops2controller.

And also snow leopard drain my batter really quickly is there are power management kext that fixes this? another battery issue is that when the comp wakes from sleep, the battery meter no longer works? any fix to this?

thanks

The usb and sleep issue was fixed by using iopcifamily and a 32bit iousbfamily on my system.

Still cant find a voodoops2 that allows tap and click as well as scrolling on my alps on snow.

Power management on battery still sucks though the pc doesnt get hot.

The usb and sleep issue was fixed by using iopcifamily and a 32bit iousbfamily on my system.

Still cant find a voodoops2 that allows tap and click as well as scrolling on my alps on snow.

Power management on battery still sucks though the pc doesnt get hot.

Can you share your IOPCIFamily and IOUSBFamily kexts?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I installed Snow Leopard 10.6.2 biohazard and my USB mouse & keyboard is working but other USB ports are not working. My main board is Intel DP45SG please some one help.

If you are using chameleon 2 as bootloader just add the USBFix option on boot.plist and all your usb's will work.

I'm trying to enable tap and scroll on my ALPS dv4 too but im running on 64bit system. if anyone have a solution please let me know.

• 2 weeks later...

Sleep on my hp did not work until I follow this guide

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1163582

to obtain usb recognized as built-in in system profile.

now sleep seems to work but when i click on stop system goes to sleep for a moment and immediately return on desktop as if there is something that awake the system. i've tried to delete iousbfamily.kext and the sleep works fine. with that kext i get the issue that i mentioned before. with the iousbfamily.kext posted here same issues.

can anyone help me?

thanks

attached

I've just used these kexts (iousbfamily etc posted earlier) on my 10.6.2 install to try to resolve my usb issue (usb mouse etc working fine but ext drives and iPhone not copying properly or at all) and now all usb has been lost! Ps2 isn't recognized so I now can't even log in!!

backed up my extensions before with OSXTools but I think I'll have to boot to single user and try to swap them back manually.

Anyone out there have any ideas as to a better solution? (Right now I just want get my mouse n keyboard back) but also to the other usb issue? My install was 10.6.0 (10432) updated to 6.1 then 6.2, removed sleep kext and all boots fine except for the usb problems. Using a GA EP45-DS4 (ICH10R)

I've tried usbfix=yes in the Extras boot.plist - Usb Legacy disabled in bios, I've reinstall the 10432 usb kexts... All to no avail.

Starting to get frustrating now!!!

• 4 weeks later...
I've just used these kexts (iousbfamily etc posted earlier) on my 10.6.2 install to try to resolve my usb issue (usb mouse etc working fine but ext drives and iPhone not copying properly or at all) and now all usb has been lost! Ps2 isn't recognized so I now can't even log in!!

backed up my extensions before with OSXTools but I think I'll have to boot to single user and try to swap them back manually.

Anyone out there have any ideas as to a better solution? (Right now I just want get my mouse n keyboard back) but also to the other usb issue? My install was 10.6.0 (10432) updated to 6.1 then 6.2, removed sleep kext and all boots fine except for the usb problems. Using a GA EP45-DS4 (ICH10R)

I've tried usbfix=yes in the Extras boot.plist - Usb Legacy disabled in bios, I've reinstall the 10432 usb kexts... All to no avail.

Starting to get frustrating now!!!

I always enable screen sharing when I'm fiddling around with kexts and other stuff. This way you're still able to remotely control your system when booting in safemode even without PS2 support. Simply connect via any VNC client to your 10.X machine.

If you have a back-up system, boot from there and try to undo the kext changes you made. Also don't forget to clear the kext cache. Without a back-up system, boot from the install DVD (or distro) and open up the Terminal, mount your disk and undo your kext changes there (+ clearing the cache)

I only started out with this OSX86 stuff about 5 days ago and after many kernel panics and issues getting my X3100 (1440x900) working on my D630 I became "creative" to work around these things. The first couple of days I simply reinstalled each time I saw a kernel panic, until I started applying these above described workarounds.

Good luck.

• 3 months later...
attached

Thank you Thank you thank you thank you thank you thank yyyooouuu!!! :(

My usb was dead after 10.6.2 on hp mini 110.. especially bad because my wifi is dead and using usb wifi. I literally spent 2 days hacking around and searching. Using your usb kext bought my usb back to life!!!

• 4 weeks later...