[GUIDE] Retail Snow Leopard Install On DX58SO (Core i7) Mobo

Juiceman

239 posts in this topic

@Gyannk

Glad i could help.

@S.V.

- the files that i'm using right now are all from this pack here

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WWBOWW0R

--except i have a new dsdt file (page 8 post #145) that doesn't require the need for IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext anymore; is the same as in the pack but edited a little bit further--

--and the new AppleHDA.kext from 10.6.5 10H574 bin patched--

Hi, i have the version: Mac OS X 10.6.5 10H568

I'v downloaded this two updates:

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1325

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1324 (combo)

Wich one should i install?

And another question, Should i install the update, reboot, and then fix audio? or without rebooting?

The combo, second one. Install, reboot, and then fix the audio. Delete the AppleHDA.kext vanilla from S/L/E install the bin patched one with Kext Utility, run again the Kext Utility after you've installed the kext and then reboot.

The combo, second one. Install, reboot, and then fix the audio. Delete the AppleHDA.kext vanilla from S/L/E install the bin patched one with Kext Utility, run again the Kext Utility after you've installed the kext and then reboot.

That was fast :D

Ok, i'll let you know how it went.

Thanks again.

Moving forward (if it's the case)!

New bootloader Chameleon v2 RC5 r629 is out there and if you're still using an old RC like 3 or 4, or an older RC5 build or AsereBLN booter (like i was), i guess is time for a change.

Install the booter the easy way, see below

Make your com.apple.Boot.plist file look in general like the one attached, by clicking the customize button at installation point and selecting the options you want or by manually editing it.

I'll also attach a pack with the new booter and the AppleHDA.kext (1.9.9f12) from 10.6.5 (10H574) bin patched (you can find the kext at post #169 also). You have two options (2 kexts) for lan, choose one of them.

Remove any duplicates files before installation of the new ones, or any files used for the same purpose!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=U1656VAJ

Chameleon_2.0_RC5_INSTALLER_r629.zip

com.apple.Boot.plist.zip

@Gynnak

No. It's a small update and it doesn't change AppleHDA.kext.

@S.V.

Glad it works for you.

@1luckysob

Native Power Management and Restart fix with Chameleon RC5 (generates C-states and P-states for native power management). But if you're using a proper dsdt file and AsereBLN booter, then that's alright too. I don't use a SleepEnabler.kext.

Thanks User_01 for your great support and contributions towards the community. I've got this board completely working now, including sleep!

Thanks! If you've got paypal I'll buy you a beer!

• 3 weeks later...
Thanks User_01 for your great support and contributions towards the community. I've got this board completely working now, including sleep!

Thanks! If you've got paypal I'll buy you a beer!

Appreciated your thoughts and gesture. Thx for the beer(s), which turned into some joints, :D.

E-sata question:

i attached an ultramax plus (esata) and bios finds it, but my 10.6 installation cannot see the drive unless is usb-connected.

E-sata seems not to work....maybe a missing kext?

Can anyone help me?

thanks

it looks like we need driver for Marvell MV-61xx (88SE61xx) RAID Controller

any ideas?

User,

If I was following your instructions for a first time install, do I have to start at your Original Tutorial and follow all the subsequent updates and posts by you, or can I just jump right from the DVD retail installation to the current version and download your latest pack (not sure if it includes everything)

User,

If I was following your instructions for a first time install, do I have to start at your Original Tutorial and follow all the subsequent updates and posts by you, or can I just jump right from the DVD retail installation to the current version and download your latest pack (not sure if it includes everything)

Tutorial post #129

Pack "1065" (with dsdt.aml already generated) post #182

If you want to generate your own dsdt file, post #162; use the pack from #182 (ignore the first link from #162)

If something unclear, report.

dx58so auto sleep:

All works but I need to install sleep watcher for auto-sleep, else it will stay awake.

I have all the newest that user_1 has included, any ideas?

Thanks,

-v

Audio back in 10.6.6 10J567.

AppleHDA.kext 1.9.9f12 bin patched.

Remove the AppleHDA.kext (vanilla) from S/L/E. Install the bin patched one with Kext Utility. Keep the HDAEnabler.kext and LegacyHDA.kext in E/E.

EDIT:

Forgot to mention this (just in case):

To update to 10.6.6 from 10.6 through 10.6.5 or from a previous beta build of 10.6.6 just hit Software Update *(or (in the case of betas) if it doesn't allow you to do that (example build 10J537) run the reversioner from that beta and use the manual update - combo)*, then fix your audio as at post #135 or #197

Manually Update:

To update manually from 10.6 through 10.6.4 install the 10.6.6 Combo Update from Apple's site

To update manually from 10.6.5 or a previous beta build of 10.6.6 (or in case of the betas look above *) install the 10.6.6 Delta Update from Apple's site

AppleHDA.kext.zip

New better audio "legacy" kext!

How it worked before:

AppleHDA.kext of the current version you were on binary patched for ALC889 (Apple removed support for this chipset since 10.6.2) + HDAEnabler.kext + LegacyHDA.kext

How it'll work now:

-basically almost the same

AppleHDA.kext of the current version you are on binary patched for ALC889 + HDAEnabler.kext + ALC8xxHDA.kext (NEW!!!)

OR

AppleHDA.kext vanilla from 10.6.2 + HDAEnabler.kext + ALC8xxHDA.kext

In the pack:

AppleHDA.kext 1.9.9f12 10.6.6 10J567 bin patched - goes in S/L/E

AppleHDA.kext 1.7.9a4 10.6.2 10C540 vanilla - goes in S/L/E

HDAEnabler.kext - goes in E/E (recommended) or S/L/E

ALC8xxHDA.kext - goes in E/E (recommended) or S/L/E

S/L/E - System/Library/Extensions

E/E - Extra/Extensions

Before installing any kext, remove any previous duplicate kext!

To install a kext to S/L/E use Kext Utility.

To "install" a kext to E/E just copy it there and then run Kext Utility (double-click on it).

To use the audio combinations, remove the vanilla AppleHDA.kext and then install the bin patched one (same version) or use the vanilla one from 10.6.2, then copy the HDAEnabler.kext + ALC8xxHDA.kext to E/E, then run Kext Utility. Reboot.

Enjoy!

EDIT:

Did some testing and:

CON: it seems that this new combo (AppleHDA.kext (bin patched or vanilla from 10.6.2) + HDAEnabler.kext + ALC8xxHDA.kext)* it doesn't work after sleep like it should. Previous combo (AppleHDA.kext (bin patched) + HDAEnabler.kext + LegacyHDA.kext) it does work.

PRO: it seems that in this new combo* with the right patches in dsdt file for audio (ALC889) you can actually skip (delete) the HDAEnabler.kext. Here is the dsdt.aml file from post #145 (which is a dsdt patcher generated file + orange icon fix) edited (even) further with audio patch - see below

(Personally i will stick with the old combo for now.)

Also the newest Chameleon v2 RC5 > release r700; easy install.

10.6.6_ALC889.zip

Chameleon_v2.RC5_r700.zip

dsdt.aml.zip

dx58so auto sleep:

All works but I need to install sleep watcher for auto-sleep, else it will stay awake.

I have all the newest that user_1 has included, any ideas?

Thanks,

-v

It doesn't work by auto-sleep, either by dsdt.aml or SleepEnabler.kext, only sleep by command. But you can try this script and see if it works for you also.

Copy it to Applications. Then go to System Preferences > Accounts > Login Items and drag it over there. Reboot. After reboot it might asks you if you wish to open the file, click open (this is just one time after first reboot). Report.

link to the thread > http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t=0&start=0

RIP3lanNet.app.zip

If you want the new 10.6.7, then here it is...

And the 10.6.7 AppleHDA.kext 1.9.9f12 bin patched

- use in combination with

HDAEnabler.kext + LegacyHDA.kext (post #182) or HDAEnabler.kext + ALC8xxHDA.kext (post #197)

Keep in mind that the update is a beta!

Enjoy!

Worked, had to reinstall Nvidia drivers ... .. Thanks