Q6600 CPU Not Recognised as Intel - causing app install probs

imacken

49 posts in this topic

I have the same problem with the Silverlight installer thinking it's a PPC, and Adobe.com offering the PPC version of Shockwave.

Thanks for joining in. As we discussed earlier, I think the key to this is why does my 10.5.8 behave perfectly - Silverlight et al - install OK, but my retail Snow with the same boot partition doesn't.

Beto2K7: Did you look at my post on the Geekbenck thread? Essentially the question was 'how are you getting 7000 and 10800 for the same Q6600 @ 3 GHz as mine with approx. 4800 and 7500 for integer and floating point?

Well here is my screenshot from my 10.6.1 vanilla install also no, CPU Features (real macs dont display them anyway) no processor, name. CPU-x reports correct name. CHUD Processor Pref Pane Reports correct cpu family of Mac Pro 2,1. and so im happy :)

post-22356-1253636909_thumb.jpg

PS. Hey Beerkex'd can you post a link to cpu-i? Ive been looking for it but cant find it.

CPU-i - Russian site you need to register to download.

http://www.applelife.ru/topic/20179-cpu-i-...F-snow-leopard/

I have the same problem with my Q6700. CPU-x and sysctl both report the correct cpu, however my About This Mac and System Profiler do not. I also have the same problem with Silverlight. I hope there is a way to get this fixed. So far it hasn't really affected me too much but I had everything working perfectly in Leo and would like the same in Snow.

Am i the only one not having this issue??? mmm weird... Everyone post how are you booting your SL install, (kexts, bootloader, etc)

Ok, I boot my SL and Leo installs from a Chameleon RC3 partition. (Leo doesn't have this problem, BTW.)

Kexts and structure shown below. Only other is VoodoooHDA in S/L/E.

screen.tiff

This is an annoying problem. I am having it as well. I have the LifeHacker board, the GA-ep45-ud3p running a e8400. I used the lifehacker guide with the pkg installer. I just tried the fakesmc.kext form netkas, but I still get no processor name info in

system_profiler SPHardwareDataType -xml

Have you used AQU= as string in cpuinjector.kext?

Yep. In fact the download already has AQU= so you don't have to do anything.

Also, the new 1.1 version supports E/E so you don't have to mess up your vanilla install.

All good!

Yep. In fact the download already has AQU= so you don't have to do anything.

Also, the new 1.1 version supports E/E so you don't have to mess up your vanilla install.

All good!

Same here - I added the kext to my /E/E Chameleon install and it worked perfectly.

Thanks all!

• 1 year later...

To get q6600 in Syst Prof:

install cpuinjector.kext set cpu-type to <data>AQE=</data> (maybe also AQM will works but not AQU=)

run AboutThisMac.app

in smbios.plist set SMcputype to <string>1281</string> (I don't know it is necessary)

AQU= will not works for me on SL