How I got Silverlight 3 working

steviemcphoto

14 posts in this topic

Here is how i was able to get Silverlight 3 to install on on my hackintosh.

I am running Kalyway 10.5.2

At first the silverlight installer was telling me I was running a PPC (...erm yeah o.k) and it was unable to install,

After searching for a while I discovered this kext:

http://netkas.org/?p=58

(Install using kext helper)

Then I followed the instructions on this site

http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/3707/mac-os...omment-16083759

and hey presto silverlight worked.

Hope this helps

I hold no responsibility if you mess up your install this is just info I have collated.

• 1 month later...

I found something regarding this earlier today. I found out that after you download silverlight. Extract the package onto your desktop. and check the contents inside. There would be a file in there that says installation check I believe. Delete that, and you should be able to install silverlight.

I found something regarding this earlier today. I found out that after you download silverlight. Extract the package onto your desktop. and check the contents inside. There would be a file in there that says installation check I believe. Delete that, and you should be able to install silverlight.

Yeah, that worked for me and was easy too!

• 2 weeks later...

Machine:

Gigabyte G31M-ES2L

4 GB

Intel E5200 @ 2.5 GHz

Rosewill RC-400 / Realtek 8169SC

OS 10.5.7 Retail Install

ALCinject.kext

AppleDecrypt.kext

AppleHDA.kext

AppleSMBIOSEFI.kext

Disabler.kext

OpenHaltRestart.kext

RealtekR1000.kext

Help please.

I have never been able to get Netflix streaming working on this machine. I have successfully been able to install first a hacked version of Silverlight 2.0 and today downloaded 3.0, removed the hardware check from the package and installed 3.0. The problem that I have is that NetFlix always gives me an Error 8152 DRM.

I have tried running with both the boards built in ethernet and with a Rosewill / Realtek card with the motherboard ethernet turned off in the BIOS. None of this has helped.

Everything else works perfectly and the machine has been up and running for 9 months problem free as an HTPC.

Any advice would be welcome at this point

• 2 months later...

If you DON'T want to install netkas's kext, try this:

1. First get rid of any old Silverlight installations by opening up a terminal and:

rm -rf /Library/Internet\ Plug-Ins/Silverlight.plugin
rm -rf /Library/Receipts/Silverlight*.pkg
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Silverlight
rm -rf /Library/Application\ Support/Microsoft/Silverlight/

2. Next open up the Silverlight.dmg with Pacifist

3. Click on the Contents of Silverlight 3.0.pkg. The Install icon in Pacifist should now be active (un greyed-out).

4. Click Install, give your password and you should be all set. Pacifist apparently doesn't do the run-time check.

• 4 weeks later...
dunno how, but i can see the movie in the link you posted...

I have been beating my head against the wall for some time on this. I can install Silverlight and it will play media that is not DRM protectected, but it won't play the protected stuff. No Netflix!

I would love to hear the details on what you used to install your OS, which options you used etc. Maybe I can duplicate your good luck!

I have been beating my head against the wall for some time on this. I can install Silverlight and it will play media that is not DRM protectected, but it won't play the protected stuff. No Netflix!

I would love to hear the details on what you used to install your OS, which options you used etc. Maybe I can duplicate your good luck!

basically i installed sl on my revo 3600 following the second method of this tutorial

http://www.newtale.com/pp/article509.html

(not so close cause i used empire efi 1085 for the boot and the customized dvd, but no mbr... i used the whole internal disk for osx, and used guid)

then upgraded to 10.6.2, screwed all the things off and repaired with the teateam kernel

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=197020

and the 10.6.2 sleepenabler

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=196466

then updated to safari 4.0.4

hope helps...

• 3 weeks later...
i did it this way

opened downloads in finder

right-click Silverlights.3.0.pkg then Show package Contents

opened Contents/Resources

trashed InstallationCheck

closed the window and launched the installation

now i can see bayern-fiorentina... :)

Thanks, useful on retail 10.5.7

This worked like a charm! Thanks.