[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

Thank you. I have "Security Chip = disabled" in BIOS. I solved the problem temporarily adding a dummy network interface to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist, as written at http://forum.netkas.org/index.php/topic,83.0.html. No more Error 35, TimeMachine works.

You should try the PlatformUUID.kext fix. Remember to manually put your root disk UUID in the Info.plist. My Hack now sleeps automatically, which has never worked before :blink:

I'll be adding PlatformUUID.kext to the installer, but I probably won't have the time until next weekend.

You should try the PlatformUUID.kext fix. Remember to manually put your root disk UUID in the Info.plist.

It works, thanks :)

My Hack now sleeps automatically, which has never worked before :D

I have to test it yet on EP45-DQ6.

I'll be adding PlatformUUID.kext to the installer, but I probably won't have the time until next weekend.

Great, thank you! FakeSMC 2.0 is out, will you update it in your installer too?

Great, thank you! FakeSMC 2.0 is out, will you update it in your installer too?

Would be great.

This weekend I will try to install Snow Leopard on my P35-DS4 (rev. 1.0) using your guide/installer - does it make sense to update BIOS to the same you used (F14)?

At the Moment my Mainboard uses F11 and 10.5.7 works without any issues but as I am thinking of using DSDT I could imagine that it it would be better to use the same BIOS as you did, but I am not sure.

Update from 10.5.8 to 10.6 worked with your cd on X38-DS5 here, too.

Sound does not work using the ALC888 installer. Still investigating this.

Maybe dependent on the Bios Version.

...Or maybe it's because X38-DS5 had ALC889A and not ALC888. :thumbsup_anim:

Very F****** Cool guide and very easy to implement. I used an earlier version but got no sound (p45-ds3).

Was wracking my brain playing with dsdt and kexts to no avail. Scewed up the partition in the making and decided to start over and re read your guide, looks like you included a package specifically for the realtek alc888 which was what was missing. Started over and included new alc888 package and BAM! Audio working as well as everything else. Thanks and Kudo's to you and everyone else who helped in the making of this! Listening to audio at the moment through optical port into Scremin' Denon amp. 10.6.0....thanks again!!!

Very F****** Cool guide and very easy to implement. I used an earlier version but got no sound (p45-ds3).

Was wracking my brain playing with dsdt and kexts to no avail. Scewed up the partition in the making and decided to start over and re read your guide, looks like you included a package specifically for the realtek alc888 which was what was missing. Started over and included new alc888 package and BAM! Audio working as well as everything else. Thanks and Kudo's to you and everyone else who helped in the making of this! Listening to audio at the moment through optical port into Scremin' Denon amp. 10.6.0....thanks again!!!

That's great! Is your mb really called ga-p45-ds3? All I could find on Gigabytes site was ga-ep45-ds3 which uses ALC889A.

edit: KP resolved. Operator error, not Tsueg's installer.

---------------------------

I keep getting a KP about 30 seconds after I choose Snow Leopard (only partition) at the Chameleon boot screen.

I don't think it's BIOS...suggestions?

Works on GA-EP45-DQ6 perfectly.

Also Apple Update via the updater.

Thanks tseug :)

...Or maybe it's because X38-DS5 had ALC889A and not ALC888. :(

Right. By using the DSDT for 889a, Audio works. Pinning is incorrect, but that doesn't matter. Audio-in also works on X38-DS5.

A tool to configure the right Audio settings (Pin Layout etc.) at one day is on my wishlist for christmas ;)

Has anyone succeeded in getting 5.1 / 7.1 running?

Got it working but it gives a failed install error when installing to the EFI partition. For giggles installed to the SL partition and it installed successfully.

Also, my Ethernet is only obtaining self assigned IP thus preventing me from getting online. Setting it DHCP with manual IP does not fix it. I do not see a Realtek kext for the Ethernet in /Extra.

Suggestions?

There is no Realtek driver in /Extra. Network should work natively on P35-DS4, the installer only uses patched ifconfig in /usr/local/bin to turn on promisc mode, which enables bonjour. You can try the latest Realtek driver from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downlo...GetDown=false#7 - I had to install it on my EP45-DQ6, I had no network without it.

Where did you put the downloaded realtek driver?

I assume S/L/E though if there is an easy way to add it to /E/E so it stays with all other needed kexts to keep /S/L/E clean that would be ideal.

I am on EP45-DQ6.

There is no Realtek driver in /Extra. Network should work natively on P35-DS4, the installer only uses patched ifconfig in /usr/local/bin to turn on promisc mode, which enables bonjour. You can try the latest Realtek driver from here: http://www.realtek.com.tw/Downloads/downlo...GetDown=false#7 - I had to install it on my EP45-DQ6, I had no network without it.

...My Hack now sleeps automatically, which has never worked before :(...

Unfortunatelly neither my P35-DS4 nor the EP45-DQ6 sleep automatically after a period of inactivity.

Where did you put the downloaded realtek driver?

Just run the Realtek .pkg installer. You cannot put this driver to /E, it has to be installed to /S/L/E.