[GUIDE] Snow Leopard Vanilla Retail Guide for GA-P35-DS4 and other related boards

tseug

Did it work without issues?  

430 members have voted

1. 1. Install check

• Yes (GA-P35-DS4)
    • No (GA-P35-DS4)
    • Yes (Different MB)
    • No (Different MB)

785 posts in this topic

Funziona grazie

this is my Extra folder

To change com.apple.Boot and SMBIOS I used "BBEdit" (force the permissions of the file without moving from

folder)

post-262136-1252301897_thumb.jpg

Disk Utility repair permissions does not work very hard ...

I reinstalled BSD.pkg but malfunctioning

What is wrong?

ciao

Apparently there was a problem with installing from Leopard. Try the new guide.

This would be great!

Thanks if you do:)

I'll put it in but I have no way of testing. Will you help?

If you run the current standalone version it will create a dsdt.dsl file. Could you attach this to a post in this thread so I'll have something to test against? Also, what MB do you have?

Naturally, you shouldn't use the current DSDT.aml

I've added the ifconfig bonjour patch. Guide updated.

Bonjour should now work with both the 32 and the 64 bit kernel. I still recommend using the 32 bit kernel, though.

If you wish to upgrade, just run the new installer. This will remove RealtekR1000.kext from /S/L/E. You'll need to add your EFI-strings to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist again.

I've added the ifconfig bonjour patch. Guide updated.

Bonjour should now work with both the 32 and the 64 bit kernel. I still recommend using the 32 bit kernel, though.

If you wish to upgrade, just run the new installer. This will remove RealtekR1000.kext from /S/L/E. You'll need to add your EFI-strings to /Extra/com.apple.Boot.plist again.

I ran your installer for my initial setup then manually updated to Chameleon RC3. Will running your installer again change my current Chameleon installation?

In what way will it change it? (I kind of like my Chameleon setup? :), e.g., I have a custom theme installed, custom apple.com.boot.plist )

I don't think it will overwrite it, but make sure to back up :)

EDIT: your Boot.plist will be overwritten.

I'll put it in but I have no way of testing. Will you help?

If you run the current standalone version it will create a dsdt.dsl file. Could you attach this to a post in this thread so I'll have something to test against? Also, what MB do you have?

Naturally, you shouldn't use the current DSDT.aml

I am going to try and install 10.6 on my ga-p35-ds3l board tonight

I currently have 10.5.8 working like a charm

I will post the file:)

I am going to try and install 10.6 on my ga-p35-ds3l board tonight

I currently have 10.5.8 working like a charm

I will post the file:)

The standalone generator should work in 10.5.8 as well.

when i burn the boot cd i get this

cdboot: init

cdboot: file size: 0004B860

cdboot: reading sectors: 00000098

cdboot: loading.......................

cdboot: done

it then doesnt do anything

what am i doing wrong?

thnaks

I don't know. Mine looks like that as well when it loads but it then goes into the Chameleon main screen. Do you have a SATA drive?

@tseug

I haven't delete my first installation yet, do you think I can try to overwrite the 64 with the 32 kernel w/out reinstall everything again ?

Thanks

It's the same kernel so you wouldn't overwrite it.

Cheers Tseug... works fine on my EP35-DS3P/Q6600/8GB RAM...

Have just Carbon-Copy-Clone'd my "Snowy" volume (complete with Tintin's dog as the icon :-) and am about to do the 10.6.1 update. Still 32-bit mode for now, will give 64-bit a lash later.

Many thanks again and if you're ever in Barcelona, I'll get you a few cervezas..!

Edit: 10.6.1 update went without a hitch. Only issue seems to be no MIC in, which doesn't bother me at all... audio out works fine!

Hi,

When I'm trying to run "GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg" I get this error message in /var/log/install.log

Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro installd[585]: ./postinstall: Handling DTGP Method...
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro installd[585]: ./postinstall: Possible block below Method (\_WAK, 1, NotSerialized)
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro installd[585]: ./postinstall: Patched!
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro installd[585]: ./postinstall: Done Handling DTGP Method
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro installd[585]: PackageKit: Install Failed: PKG: post-install scripts for "org.tseug.snowLeopardVanillaRetailInstallerForGap35Ds4.SnowJob.pkg"\nError Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x10021ccb0 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg”." {\n	NSFilePath = "./postinstall";\n	NSLocalizedDescription = "An error occurred while running scripts from the package \U201cGA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg\U201d.";\n	NSURL = "#snowjob.pkg -- file://localhost/Volumes/TRANCE/Retail%20Snow%20Leopard/GA-P35-DS4%20Snow%20Pack.pkg";\n	PKInstallPackageIdentifier = "org.tseug.snowLeopardVanillaRetailInstallerForGap35Ds4.SnowJob.pkg";\n}
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro Installer[578]: install:didFailWithError:Error Domain=PKInstallErrorDomain Code=112 UserInfo=0x1001791a0 "An error occurred while running scripts from the package “GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg”."
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro Installer[578]: Install failed: The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro Installer[578]: IFDInstallController 317360 state = 7
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro Installer[578]: Displaying 'Install Failed' UI.
Sep 12 19:12:58 Cebiti-Canedas-Mac-Pro Installer[578]: 'Install Failed' UI displayed message:'The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.'.

My Mobo is GA-EP35-DS3P.

My optical drive is IDE

Is that the problem?

It might be. Unfortunately, I can't test it but someone might know how to get around it. Maybe the JMicron kexts?

Hi,

When I'm trying to run "GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg" I get this error message in /var/log/install.log

My Mobo is GA-EP35-DS3P.

Unfortunately the causing error isn't there. It might be further up. Look for an "rb" string.

Unfortunately the causing error isn't there. It might be further up. Look for an "rb" string.

There was an error indeed, further up in install.log. The underlying cause was onboard LAN was disabled in BIOS. Enabling it did the trick.

Now there's another problem. My Linksys WMP300N PCI WiFi adapter (802.11 b/g/;) is not recognized. It was recognized before running "GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg". I don't know where to start.

There was an error indeed, further up in install.log. The underlying cause was onboard LAN was disabled in BIOS. Enabling it did the trick.

Now there's another problem. My Linksys WMP300N PCI WiFi adapter (802.11 b/g/B) is not recognized. It was recognized before running "GA-P35-DS4 Snow Pack.pkg". I don't know where to start.

Well, it's probably the DSDT.aml. Maybe the network settings in there screws up the WiFi card somehow. Unfortunately, the DSDT generator is sort of a packaged deal, so you'll have to modify the source to change the outcome. Also refer to the "How to patch DSDT with LAN and HDEF functions" thread mentioned in the guide.