Need driver for Nvidia Geforce 8400 GS ?

hong ha

22 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I had full success in GeForce 8400M GS 128MB (Dell Vostro 1500 laptop) with QE/CI enabled using NVdarwin 128 drivers version 1.2.5. I installed over NVinjectGo and so at first I didn't get QE/CI but then I deleted NVinjectGo.kext from the Extensions folder and then after reboot everything works!! (using iATKOS 5i install)

What I want to know is how to achieve the transparency effect in the mac os windows such as seen in the post by hong ha... please?? thanks!!! (is it a 10.5.6 version specific feature? i'm using 10.5.5)

Cheers

I had full success in GeForce 8400M GS 128MB (Dell Vostro 1500 laptop) with QE/CI enabled using NVdarwin 128 drivers version 1.2.5. I installed over NVinjectGo and so at first I didn't get QE/CI but then I deleted NVinjectGo.kext from the Extensions folder and then after reboot everything works!! (using iATKOS 5i install)

What I want to know is how to achieve the transparency effect in the mac os windows such as seen in the post by hong ha... please?? thanks!!! (is it a 10.5.6 version specific feature? i'm using 10.5.5)

Cheers

It's a hack

• 3 months later...

It's called Leopard HUD. Use the Customize option when you're installing to choose which windows you want to have the black/transparent (ie HUD) appearance.

Edit: The link that I gave was different to the version I used. I don't take any credit for it & I don't remember where I got it, but I've attached the version that I used which worked for me.

Leopard_HUD_Insatller.pkg.zip

Working for me now nvdarwin 256 with iPC 10.5.6

picture1gg4.png

can someone please upload the files of nvdarwin or nvinject that works with Geforce 8400 GS 512 MB.

My system specifications are below:

Hi guys,

I have a 8400GS 256mb as well and I tried using both nvinject and nvdarwin nad here's the result.

nvinject - boot successful until wallpaper appears. No mouse pointer/menu etc. Basically I cant do anything.

nvdarwin - blue screen with mouse pointer.

I have tried installing punk92 installer, aqua mac installer but all of them will not work. any help is very much appreciated.

Hi guys,

I have a 8400GS 256mb as well and I tried using both nvinject and nvdarwin nad here's the result.

nvinject - boot successful until wallpaper appears. No mouse pointer/menu etc. Basically I cant do anything.

nvdarwin - blue screen with mouse pointer.

I have tried installing punk92 installer, aqua mac installer but all of them will not work. any help is very much appreciated.

I have the sam problem with my nvidia 8400gs and iPC 10 5 6,  without nvidia driver its working great on 32Mb VESA mode, when I try any type of driver I get black screen on stratup

I'm having problem with Gigabyte 8400GS 512mb silent http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...?ProductID=2915

I've tried regular nvinject,moded nvinject and 512mb version ,nvkush, natit, patched EFI String and none of these methods made graphics full working. The major problem is blue screen when I want to switch resolution(amazingly it works if dual screen) . Some of the methods above even made my system unbootable in safe mode(I don't remember which anymore...)

I hope someone encountered the problem and SOLVED IT :thumbsdown_anim:

@milekitic

Mile Kitic i njegov novi hitic :thumbsdown_anim: :censored2:

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having problem with Gigabyte 8400GS 512mb silent http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...?ProductID=2915

I've tried regular nvinject,moded nvinject and 512mb version ,nvkush, natit, patched EFI String and none of these methods made graphics full working. The major problem is blue screen when I want to switch resolution(amazingly it works if dual screen) . Some of the methods above even made my system unbootable in safe mode(I don't remember which anymore...)

I hope someone encountered the problem and SOLVED IT :wacko:

@milekitic

Mile Kitic i njegov novi hitic :D:D

hahaha

poludit cu, sve sam probao ,ali nece i nece, driver za nvidia 8400 gs ne postoji, ako nadjes nesto javiiiiii......

• 4 weeks later...
hahaha

poludit cu, sve sam probao ,ali nece i nece, driver za nvidia 8400 gs ne postoji, ako nadjes nesto javiiiiii......

Da predjemo na english:

OK I've managed to get it working. The method is installing NVKush but using the DVI connector on your graphics(I'm using DVI to D-sub adapter) . You can change resolutions but you need to activate Quartz GL qith OSx86 Tools.

In the system info the graphics is listed like "I can has model" with 256mb of ram but as long as it works , it's fine. Also dual screen works too.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the pci version (not pci-e) of the 8400gs? I have the bfg pci version, and I've tried every injector as well as efi strings. The best I could get was correct resolution. Does anyone know how I can get qe/ci working? I am running iatkos 10.5.7. Thanks for the help.

Hi everybody,

In the past few days, I have installed iPC 10.5.6 about ten times trying several different things to get my graphics card to work.

I have a nVidia GeForce 8400 GS made by BFG. I have tried nVidia inject (not sure what version number, but the 512 one) and when I boot, all I get is a blank blue screen (what you get for a second when you change resolutions). I know it is the Graphics driver causing the issue because I did an install without a graphics driver and it worked (just the VESA driver) and looked terrible. I then installed the NVInject and it turned blue again

Any thoughts?