SOMEBODY HELP!VMware reboot all the time when the grey apple appears

42 posts in this topic

VMware reboot all the time when the grey apple appears

Dell I6400

CoreDueT2300

1GB DDR2

80G

X1300

I tried 10.4.5and 10.4.6 iso,there is always the problem I mentioned above!!!

I have changed everything to install MacOS.

Can somebody help me??

I"M KILLING MYSELF.......

VMware reboot all the time when the grey apple appears

Dell I6400

CoreDueT2300

1GB DDR2

80G

X1300

I tried 10.4.5and 10.4.6 iso,there is always the problem I mentioned above!!!

I have changed everything to install MacOS.

Can somebody help me??

I"M KILLING MYSELF.......

Take iti easy.....

First I have a few questions.

Are you using vmware to install native or you are using os x inside vmware.

If you are vmware to install native do not forget to use daemon tools to mount the iso.

Well, thats all I can say now....pls. give me some more details so that I can help you.

I was using vmware to install native,I was using daemon tools to mount the iso.

I added "paevm=TRUE" into the Virtual Machine file

I ....I've prepared everything.

When VMware booted from CDROM,darwinX86 appearred,then the grey apple appearred,suddenly the VMware rebooted!!!

I have tried many times,but it's always rebooting!!

I was using vmware to install native,I was using daemon tools to mount the iso.

I added "paevm=TRUE" into the Virtual Machine file

I ....I've prepared everything.

When VMware booted from CDROM,darwinX86 appearred,then the grey apple appearred,suddenly the VMware rebooted!!!

I have tried many times,but it's always rebooting!!

Hey! I'm having the exact same problem. I've tried with both vmwar workstation and vmware server. No go. :-( Will post back later with error codes, I believe the one I got from workstation was kernel stack fault or something.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi have same problems. reboot all the time when the grey apple appears

The machine is Dell XPS m1710

CoreDueT2600

1GB DDR2

is it possible to run osx native on wmware on a CoreDue cpu based machine?

/Json

anyone figure out a solution yet? i'm having the same problem.

specs:

Acer aspire 5670 coreDuo 1.66ghz, 1gb ram dualboot osx 10.4.6 and windows xp, osx on 2nd partition

vmware version 5.5.0 build 18463, solaris 9 os, 512mb ram, 2 cpus, paevm=true

pm for config file

perhaps i need to upgrade vmware.

• 2 weeks later...

I have also tried to take a wmware workstation OS X 10.4.3 that is running fine on a Pentium 4.

and with that version tried to boot up on the CD on the Dual core machine it is still reboot all the time when the grey apple appears,

If i let the working "p4 version" boot on the "HD" then is just rebooting when the it screeen resolution changes.

What version of dualcore cpu are you running it on ?

/Json

I have also tried to take a wmware workstation OS X 10.4.3 that is running fine on a Pentium 4.

and with that version tried to boot up on the CD on the Dual core machine it is still reboot all the time when the grey apple appears,

If i let the working "p4 version" boot on the "HD" then is just rebooting when the it screeen resolution changes.

What version of dualcore cpu are you running it on ?

/Json

T2600 works fine booting native, perhaps we need the maxxuss vmware patch installed, though i think the kernel from the dvd is already patched for vmware. i can't confirm this as I haven't gotten maxxuss mach_kernel.all working native or otherwise. theres the slim possibility this thing is a memory issue or somehow related to the graphics as vmware crashes as soon as a higher graphics mode is initialized. is everyone with the problem running a mobility radeon with hyper memory like me?

Add me to the list. Running a Dell Inspiron e1505, core duo 1.66 GHz, integrated graphics (Perhaps this IS the problem!), 1GB memory. I set VMWare to recognize 2 processors after one stoped working. The error was something along the line of a kernel error, it was a processor error.

What gives?

So it doesn't seem to be a video related issue if some people here are running integrated intel graphics. I tried 2 versions of vmware, an earlier version gave me the same problems so i upgraded to 5.5 and it still wasn't fixed. I've given up on it being a kernel problem as well, since i can't even get a 10.4.3 or 10.4.5/6 DVD to boot i haven't tried the earlier releases. Booting with the single core commands that some people have needed for their dual core systems hasn't worked.

While running in debug mode I remember a message poppoin up after the crash stating something along the lines that the error we're getting is a known bug leading me to think the dual core mobile processors have run into a corner case of buggy code. if so let's hope there's a fix out soon. :thumbsdown_anim:

• 2 weeks later...

Guys, I solved the problem after many times trial and error with reinstallation. The last install I did not install printer drivers because it takes so long.

The problem is because the kernel is not patched. The patched version is available on the disk you are using but not copied to the hard drive.

I am using vmware 5.5 on XP running on Celeron D 210 with 512 MB ram on Asrock Mobo with intel chipset (tomorrow I will get my 1 GB memory from newegg.com).

What I did:

1. boot with disk until you see 'Utilities' and open terminal

2. go to root (cd /) see if you have maxxuss patch directory

3. go there (cd Maxxuss_Patch_Solution_v1.0)

4. copy AppleSMBIOS to /System/Library/Extensions/AppleSMBIOS.kext/Contents/MacOS/ (to your disk)

(your disk is on /Volume/whateveryounamed

5. copy the prepatched kernel (cp Prepatched_Kernels/* /Volumes/whateveryounamed)

almost forgot, before you patched or overwrite, backup the filename or directory to another directory (make it first)

AJIG

Jakarta, Agustus 1 2006

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, I have the same problem. I noticed one thing: it happened only once, after hitting cancel in vmware error window another window opened saying i have to install vmware tools in order to have resolutions greater than 640x480...

Maybe it's a graphic issue...

I have an asus A6Jc laptop: T2300, 2gb ram , geforce go 7300 128mb + HM .

IT seems like I not the only one having this problem. I downloaded the MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso and booted it, but experience the Virtual Machine kernel stuck fault. error. Seems like there is no resolution for this....anybody can help???

System:

1. T2500 @2Ghz

2. 2G Ram

3. Nividia Gforce

4. sony SZ28gp series

5. VM workstation 5.0

6. MacOSX_10.4.6DVDPATCHED_Myz.iso

errordr2.jpg

When you installed from the iso, right before clicking on the "Install" button, you had to first click on the "Customize" button and select packages pertinent to your computer. Click the little arrow to reveal the packages. Choose only Intel or AMD packages, not both. Choose only SSE2 or SSE3, not both.

Hi, New member

Was this ever resolved because it is the exect problem I am having. I have tried different isos and everything else listed.

please help or point me in the right direction. I really want to run os x, but not partition my hd and dual boot.

When you installed from the iso, right before clicking on the "Install" button, you had to first click on the "Customize" button and select packages pertinent to your computer. Click the little arrow to reveal the packages. Choose only Intel or AMD packages, not both. Choose only SSE2 or SSE3, not both.

I don't understand this, you always seem to post it :( I don't think anyone here gets far enough in the installation to be able to do this.

yeah...Rammjet, what do you mean by this? cuz i cannot even come to the customise button. In this thread, most of our case, when we were using vmware, it crashes!!!! right after we press F8, then -v for verbose mode boot. It just crashes on vmware! Issit because it is Dual Core??? Really irritating...

Btw, anybody know if I can patch Tiger Original disc with JaS 8F1111A Generic Patch v4.2b??? Cuz i really do not wan to wait and download the 'macosx_10.4.3_8f1111_for_dtk_userdvd.iso'

can i use my original disc and patch it with the jas patch? many help is appreciated!!

yeah...Rammjet, what do you mean by this? cuz i cannot even come to the customise button. In this thread, most of our case, when we were using vmware, it crashes!!!! right after we press F8, then -v for verbose mode boot. It just crashes on vmware! Issit because it is Dual Core??? Really irritating...!!

Try an experiment...

At the place you entered -v for verbose, try entering "cpus=1" (without the quotes)