D945GCLF2 Snow Leopard

248 posts in this topic

With test7 i haven't cpu mismatch :rolleyes:

BUT (arrrggg!!!) installer dont boot:

stat Library/ColorSync/Profiles/Displays: No such file or directory

Launchctl: Dubius ownership on file (skypping): /System/Library/LaunchDeamons

Nothing found to load

Ht enabled and dissabled

Same here. System log says that everything is OK, Sleep: Success and Wake: Success.

Network is up, but screen remains black. Too bad.

UPDATE:

Funny, this is for first time I can boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & SleepEnabler.kext

At least that makes me feel better. My system falls to sleep without those kexts, but still can't wake GMA950.

Just tested and wake from sleep works on arch=i386 -_-

Apple fix this^^^ kthx.

I totally forgot to thanks teateam for the kernel, so Thank you!

I have no idea how is kernel patched(ida pro half n00b) but I noticed CSTInfo is gone from ioreg, no idea if is kernel fault or apple again...on Leopard looks so beautiful :(

Also on shutdown/restart I have lot of "PID still active" {censored}...

Getting tired on this snow :(

Seems it hates IDE and ICH7 is deprecated, maybe is time to sell this board and buy some nvidia {censored}, or stay with leopard.

Anyway here is my latest pic from snow x86_64:

o5d8lysvbedw2qf0k2ab.png

Great success!

Took a 250GB USB, Installed 10.6 on it on my MacBook, updated it to 10.6.2.

Ran, Chameleon 2 RC3, copied over PC-EFIv10.5/boot to the root.

copied DSDT.aml into root

Removed mach_kernel and copied the "Atom mach_kernel" from mach_kernel_10.2.0_patched in the root(mach_kernel, in the zipfile)

com.apple.Boot.plist smbios.plist into /Extra

Loaded EvOreboot, fakesmc, NullCPUPowerManagement, PlatformUUID and SleepEnabler into Extra/Extensions/

Loaded VoodoHDA into S/L/E and removed AppleHDA

Made the Partition active, and booted from it on my Intel machine!

About this Mac sees it as an "1.69 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo", With HTT on in the Bios I get 4 threads, but only two shows activity on the Activity Monitor, with it off it shows 2 both with activity!

Link to files: http://www.mediafire.com/?nyjmin3yx44

Well, I've tried. And {censored}, it works in 32 bit. But I see teateam here. So first of all - thanks for kernel, it is good. And now the main part - did you know anything about sleep in 64-bit mode?

Check your SleepEnabler. I think you have 32-bit only version. Find 64-bit.

Finally i have SL installed :( !!

I use a alternative method with mach_kernel.test7 and disabling ide into bios, but finally works!

I want to boot from efi partition, could someone tell me how? I made unbooteable the last installation trying it :'(

I have all kext, dst, and match_kernel from very first post, but i'm not sure how i need to use it to boot from efi partition (without usb bootdisk)

--

Seems that i can boot from hd without usb :)

Now is time to see if all works fine.

One question; now i'm using mach_kernel.atom (really thanks) under 10.6 If i update to 10.6.2, before rebooting i need to copy again mach_kernel?

---

And the final question: is possible to make a ghost image with entire mac hd? To save boot and data partitions. I'm not 100% sure how i finally install it, and if i broken it...

---

Could someone test if pushing itunes coverflow into fullscreen GMA950 fails?

---

GMA & itunes works fine; i put again dst files and now i have native resolution, not only 1024x768

Same here. System log says that everything is OK, Sleep: Success and Wake: Success.

Network is up, but screen remains black. Too bad.

UPDATE:

Funny, this is for first time I can boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext & SleepEnabler.kext

At least that makes me feel better. My system falls to sleep without those kexts, but still can't wake GMA950.

How can you boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? I am using teateams kernel too, but get kernel panics if i delete that kext.

How can you boot without NullCPUPowerManagement.kext? I am using teateams kernel too, but get kernel panics if i delete that kext.

I believe DSDT will do the job. First post updated, try to download there. But you better build your own DSDT, just use copy-paste. That's because each DSDT is different even for same motherboards. Amount of RAM impacts DSDT and other things.

Really, I have only VoodooHDA & FakeSMC. Restart do not works, but I don't care. Everything else is okey.

I believe DSDT will do the job. First post updated, try to download there. But you better build your own DSDT, just use copy-paste. That's because each DSDT is different even for same motherboards. Amount of RAM impacts DSDT and other things.

Really, I have only VoodooHDA & FakeSMC. Restart do not works, but I don't care. Everything else is okey.

Ok thanks, i am currently using your dsdt.aml from the first post which seems to get kernel panics without nullcpupowermanagement.kext. I will try to build my own to see if that makes a difference.

you say everything works except restart. There is a new kext out called OSXRestart.kext which is not based off openhaltrestart.kext or evOreboot.kext. You should give it a try, a lot of ppl are saying it works great. Link is in teateams blog.

With this patch IntelCPUPowerManagement work:

mach_kernel
000284D0: 0F B8
000284D1: B6 0F
000284D2: 05 00
000284D3: 57 00
000284D4: E4 00
000284D5: 49 88
000284D6: 00 05
000284D7: C1 52
000284D8: E0 E4
000284D9: 04 49
000284DA: 00 00
000284DB: 05 90
000284DC: 4D 90
000284DD: E4 90
000284DE: 49 90
000284DF: 00 90
005E6816: 0F B8
005E6817: B6 0F
005E6818: 05 00
005E6819: 6A 00
005E681A: 95 00
005E681B: 87 A2
005E681C: 00 69
005E681D: C1 95
005E681E: E0 87
005E681F: 04 00
005E6820: 00 90
005E6821: 05 90
005E6822: 69 90
005E6823: 95 90
005E6824: 87 90
005E6825: 00 90

For me now work all. Only not wake from sleep. Work now on this problem.

P.S. Sorry, Sound not work with AppleHDA, it't second job in my todo list.

For me now work all. Only not wake from sleep. Work now on this problem.

P.S. Sorry, Sound not work with AppleHDA, it't second job in my todo list.

I gave up on sound, I have everithing displayed right, mute and all {censored} but not a damn sound in or out, played with registers still no go ;)

Plus I got lot of PID still active...on shutdown.

Snow really hate this board :D

Quick question. Is dsdt.aml case sensitive? I have read many posts saying its case sensitive in other threads and it should be DSDT.aml and not dsdt.aml. Can anyone confirm this?

Unless I'm missing something the answer to that question would be both "yes" and "no" ... or to go another way, "It depends ..."

What it depends on is what file system you are using in the partition that DSDT.aml is read from and whether or not that file system is case sensitive. If the partition was formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case sensitive, journaled) then, yes, the reference to the DSDT file name would have to match exactly.

That's why most people ... well, me at least ;) ... do not format Mac partitions as case sensitive. It can lead to annoying situations where something doesn't work just because you got the case of the file name wrong. Who needs the hassle?

-irrational john