snow leopard p5w dh deluxe

Acidic

22 posts in this topic

hey all,

does anyone kno a good guide i can follow that will be somewhat compatible with my p5w dh deluxe for installing snow leopard?

Thanks!

Did you get snow leopard installed? I have the same board and I can't even boot it.

Install Chameleon RC and PC EFI v10.1 then copy Fake SMC and other hacked kexts into /Extra folder and you should be well on your way to installing from the vanilla retail disk... thats how I got my P5WDH Deluxe to run Snow... very similar to Intel Bad Axe board instructions ... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181410

I have purchased the £25 retail disk here in the UK and used it tonight to do a full install on a blank GUID partition... working well so far.

Here is the link to the easy installer for the bootloader -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...t&p=1234058

and another thread mentioning P5WDH Deluxe install for Snow -

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181191

Install Chameleon RC and PC EFI v10.1 then copy Fake SMC and other hacked kexts into /Extra folder and you should be well on your way to installing from the vanilla retail disk... thats how I got my P5WDH Deluxe to run Snow... very similar to Intel Bad Axe board instructions ... http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=181410

Were you able to get audio working in 10.6 on your P5W-DH Deluxe? I've gotten everything up (that I can tell) except audio. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Were you able to get audio working in 10.6 on your P5W-DH Deluxe? I've gotten everything up (that I can tell) except audio. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

i have audio working with the 64 bit kernel using voodoohda.kext (64 bit)... shouldn't be hard to find, toss it in S/L/E, you say "everything", do you have wi-fi working?

i have audio working with the 64 bit kernel using voodoohda.kext (64 bit)... shouldn't be hard to find, toss it in S/L/E, you say "everything", do you have wi-fi working?

wifi work (thinking even better then in 10.5), just installed drivers that was working on 10.5.. so far working good..

Also noticed that with voodoohda on SL my 5.1 speakers are now fully working :)

wifi work (thinking even better then in 10.5), just installed drivers that was working on 10.5.. so far working good..

Also noticed that with voodoohda on SL my 5.1 speakers are now fully working :D

can you post a link to the drivers you used for wi-fi? and as far as 5.1 goes, which output are you using for it?

Brilliant! I had forgot about voodoohda. The funny thing is, I told my girlfriend that I might have to use black magic to get audio working. ;)

Seriously, my Leopard install has been going to so nicely for so long that I have forgotten how I got some things working in the first place. Thanks!

Thanks for the tips on sound. Any suggestions for USB. My onboard USB doesn't not work—or it works for a brief period before dropping out. Perhaps I have my BIOS set incorrectly. Your thoughts?

remove applehpet.kext from system/library/extensions its causing your issue and is unnecessary

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I am almost there with my P5W DH Deluxe install of SL 10.6....

If there is anyone out there who would be able to offer me any guidance to the three final issues I am having I'll be forever indebted!

1) Coaxial SPDIF out is not working and I don't think the optical is either (from other's posts), though I haven't tested it / may have jumper disabled it a while ago (can't remember if you have to choose one or the other with jumpers, but I had coaxial working for my PC prior to nuking it to go MAC). I am open to any suggestions since normal line out / headphones won't cut it for my setup.... (I.E. Do I need to go the codec dump route? and patch something, DSDT?) I'd also like to be running everything in 64bit when all is said and done.

2) Computer tries to sleep, like shuts off hard-drives and monitor, but will never come back via mouse move / keyboard hit. Using logitec cordless keyboard/mouse that wakes most machines just fine. Also, the fans never shut off.

3) I don't like the idea of the CPU running full throttle like it has been stated that it'll do with the NULL CPU kext. Is this the case? Is there another way to avoid this / fans running all the time?

I'm posting a grab of my Extra folder which is all I'm using to alter my otherwise OOTB SL install.

Thank you in advance!

post-77479-1260961647_thumb.jpg