Win 7 RTM + Snow Leopard = Dual Boot - Possible?

9 posts in this topic

I am also currently running Windows 7, but when i tried a dualboot with MAC OSX, I get to the Apple Log screen, then my computer restarts...When I go into Darwin Console and type -v to diagnose it, it loads a few files, then restarts the pc again...Some help would be nice?

EDIT I think the trick is to modify OSInstall.mpkg to install on an MBR disk volume, since Windows will not boot from a GPT disk on a BIOS based machine. Instructions (easy) on how to do this are here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...st&p=824742

[edit] I was able to dual boot SL and Win7 on a single MBR disk. Had to install SL from another mac since you need to run the patched OSInstall.mpkg and the regular dvd installer will only work with GPT volumes. I then installed Win7 to a NTFS volume and had to copy Chameleon back to the MBR and set the SL volume as active. I also had to Repair Win7 since the BCD got corrupted somewhere.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, newbie here..

I also want to attempt to dual boot windows 7 and snow leopard.

Never used mac os before, going to give it a go.

What would be the best way to go about dual booting windows 7 and mac os x (leopard or snow leopard) ?

I would prefer to use a usb flash drive as the install media for os x since i do not have a dual layer burner.

Already have windows 7 installed on a 320gb sata drive. Would like to install mac on a second partition on the same hard drive.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you =]

If it's an AMD this one im trying right now, i do not have any info how it works, but yeah.

Google: i hack in tosh install snow leopard on AMD (get rid of the spaces in 'i hack in tosh')

Make sure you read the Note somewhere at the installation of Snow.

For Intel:

Google: i hack in tosh install snow leopard on PC (get rid of the spaces in 'i hack in tosh')

You have to get a original copy of Snow - or you use the Bay. (Which you should not do, it's only $29!!!)

(had to have spaces in the links, otherwise it would redirect to a insanelymac page on whatever reason.