Atheros AR8131/AR8132

bramo

315 posts in this topic

Try installing the Hazard latest release.... 10.6.2 SL. I have a 4810TZ and wifi started running from the very first boot... but i yet to check the ethernet connection. I use only wifi so I am good. Only thing does not work is "sleep" function. I appreciate if someone hear knows how to get that fixed.

Here is the work I've done so far on porting the atl1c driver over. The project is largely a derivative of the atl1e port that was done by another member here... thanks for the good start!

Please note that this code DOESN'T WORK yet, but I think its close. I believe there are only two files left that need work, AR81Family.cp and atl1c_main.cpp. My next path was to try and get AR81Family.cpp completed so the card would show up and be able to obtain an IP address/etc, but without data transfer. Then I would go and get data transfer working by finishing the conversion of the TX buffers in the atl1c_main.cpp file so they're mac like and hope everything works in the end ;-). Hope this helps us get closer to a solution eventually.

AR81Family.zip

• 2 weeks later...
Some of us would rather get the native hardware in our Netbooks working.

i like native working hardware without spending days and days to get working, on my notebook, i bit the bullit and spent $15.00 for a new dell mini pcie card (and it only took 10 minutes to install.) All working and no drama

http://maceee.blogspot.com/2010/02/snoweee...ow-leopard.html

This site claims to have the ethernet working for 1005HA netbooks, and they use the AR8132. I haven't tested it myself, but I just thought I'd throw that out there for you guys.

This doesn't work on my 1005HA. Card shows up in System Prefs but never gets

connected. Driver seems to be AttansicL1eEthernet.kext with PCI-ID patched to 1062:1969

• 2 weeks later...

as far as i can see, drivers are almost ready but still need a lil bit of work. since it's on a pretty popular hackintosh board (GA-G31M-ES2L) finding betatester should be rather easy... the amount of coding left is so huge? in which language are written the kext?

i know a bit of c++ just in case...

i'm ready to port this driver next week . i need testers who own this mobo.

I'd be delighted to try this driver! I have the G31M-ES2L. I can try it on Leo or SLeo whichever you prefer. At the moment I have not managed to get a working LAN using any of my old cards. I don't want to shell out for a new card if I can get the onboard LAN to work.