Atheros AR8131/AR8132

bramo

315 posts in this topic

Hi Guys

In my Aspire 5739g there is a Atheros AR8131 and I'm trying to make it work.

I have found the right kext and I have also checked my card Id is good, but I have this error:

localhost kernel[0]: [AttansicL1eEthernet] Error: Couldn't map io regs

localhost kernel[0]: [AttansicL1eEthernet] Error: Couldn't probe adapter

What could I do?

Thanks

The reason is PCI driver memory map is not correct,especially in some Acer machines. now there is no good solution.

News about this ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This driver has an interesting characteristic - it works if the cable is short enough, say 6 feet, but kicks in and out when connected to the switch with 20 feet of cat 5. It seems to hunt for configuration (eg half/full duplex, 10/100, etc) forever. I can't force manual configuration as it kicks back to automatic immediately.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello. Sorry for my English, I used google translate.

I write because I have problems with the AR8131 network.

I have a G31M-ES2L rev2.0 with GT430 graphics card and processor E5300. I have frequent kernel panic due to the network card.

I downloaded the driver from the web kexts.com. Not much to choose from, I think there is only one version. I DSDT.aml file, but not if I have done well, do not quite understand as amended.

Can you help? I attached my files.

The network driver I have it installed in S / L / E

Thanks.

Extra.zip

AtherosL1cEthernet.kext.zip

post-402349-1303718169_thumb.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

Hi all,

I'm running Snow Leopard 10.6.7 on my Alienware M11X R1. Is there any reason you can think of why my AR8132 is detected, connected, given an IP/subnet/gateway/DNS, but still unable to get out to the Internet, ping other machines on my LAN, ping its own gateway, or be pinged by other machines?

I'm running the atherosl1cethernet.kext. I haven't touched anything else (e.g. IO80211family). My DW1510 wireless card works great, it's just the AR8132 NIC that doesn't.

I created another thread here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=257734

Thanks for any insight you can give!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

hello everyone, I have the same ethernet card and I found a kext that works but it's highly unstable, I'm sorry if it was posted again, this is the link to it ar8131 temporary fix . I am using it on lion but usually when torrent gets to 4-6mb/s or i try to download smth from the internet, I get kerner panic . If someone could fix it/ has a better solution, it would be nice to help us all who have this problem. thanks in advance

oh i forgot to add this: my motherboard is msi g41m-p28, and everything else works well

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

I have a Dell Inspiron N3010/13R and an Atheros AR8252 v.1.1 pci-e fast ethernet. I works very well in windows and ubuntu, but in mac os x 10.7.2 I get kernel panic if cable unplugged (at boot and after that during usage). I use the last version of the kext: 10/10/10 which should fix the kp (maybe only for snow leopard I don't know). Please, can anyone (especially you Mr. thecandle provide an update for this issue?

Internet works very well if cable connected and the system is stable, but if I disconnect the cable. Momentarily I am using the wireless card - Dell DW 1510 which works out of the box. I don't know if there is any conflict between the two.

Thank you in advance and Merry Christmas!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

I have a Toshiba laptop model t130, I installed a version of OSXto install ok, but the problems started on the devices. Mynetwork card is an Atheros 8132 (VEN_1969 & DEV1062). I followed all the post and installed all the latest updates of various Kekt but nothing to do:

In fact, when I try to load them via the kektload I have the following error messages (var / log / system.log) :

Jan 5 17:01:52 silvios-Mac com.apple.kextd[10]: /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet-1.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.

Jan 5 17:01:52: --- last message repeated 1 time ---

Jan 5 17:01:52 silvios-Mac com.apple.kextd[10]: /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext - no dependency found for com.apple.iokit.IONetworkingFamily.

Jan 5 17:01:52 silvios-Mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Can't load /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext - failed to resolve dependencies.

Jan 5 17:01:52 silvios-Mac com.apple.kextd[10]: Failed to load /System/Library/Extensions/AtherosL1cEthernet.kext - (libkern/kext) dependency resolution failure.

At this point I do not know what to do

Thanks to all