MSI X-SLIM 340

Jack-Black

116 posts in this topic

My help is:

install iDeneb 10.5.8 or Snow Retail.

So I tried to install the retail version of Leopard and used MyHackInstaller.....when I did the install, it did not recognize my keyboard or mouse on the laptop itself, but I plugged in an external mouse and it recognized it. When rebooting, I was able to get over to Snow Leopard but it doesn't recognize the keyboard....has anyone experienced this and if not, are there kext files I should have applied in order to get it to work. Also is there any instructions on how to install kext files... I did not move things over to the MyHackInstaller because I could not figure out what it meant by rebuild extensions.....are there instructions somewhere on this

Thanks

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1429910

Two quick (hopefully) questions

1) So I have installed Mac OSX from Leopard Retail version using MyHack installer method. All is pretty much working but struggling with a few remaining items

Can't seem to figure out how to get the screen resolution kext applied...any help much appreciated, I looked in this thread and haven't figured out how to get it to work. and whether there is just a kext that has to be applied.

I would like to get Wifi working and attempted to open the X340 - basically I unscrewed all the screews (I think I found 9 in total) (5 around the perimeter) and (4 when removing the battery) I also attempted to use a flat head screwdriver between the seams to remove the top (where the keyboard and trackpad are) but don't want to force it. So anyone who has replaced the Wifi card...do you have any hints, am I missing something.

Once this is all done I will have a fairly good working machine finally...thanks all

• 2 weeks later...

hey

i have a x340. replaced wifi card got wifi to work . the only issue now is the boot time . and the video card.

got

touch pad working with voodoo ps2

sound

wifi

sound

can some one help me with the kext for 10.5.8. iv tried the patch . for x4500 but the come to a blue screen and stays there.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i just need to reduce this boot time and i woudlnt care about the QE.

hey

i have a x340. replaced wifi card got wifi to work . the only issue now is the boot time . and the video card.

got

touch pad working with voodoo ps2

sound

wifi

sound

can some one help me with the kext for 10.5.8. iv tried the patch . for x4500 but the come to a blue screen and stays there.

any help would be greatly appreciated. i just need to reduce this boot time and i woudlnt care about the QE.

Only way out is to install 10.6.x. Because long boot time can't be fixed. I tried a lot of advices and read a huge amount of topics but boot time was very long until I installed 10.6.2 and everything changed - boot time very quick now.

Only way out is to install 10.6.x. Because long boot time can't be fixed. I tried a lot of advices and read a huge amount of topics but boot time was very long until I installed 10.6.2 and everything changed - boot time very quick now.

Does the x4500 patch work on 6.2?

Does the x4500 patch work on 6.2?

Patch work only in 32bit mode. But if not be so lazy you can notice my message "A good update for x4500." оn -5- page that could work in all 32 and 64 bit mode since booting and much better then this patch.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for all the great info.

Can we write up a tutorial on now to get SL installation up and running on this machine?

Maybe a wiki?

This would really help many many of us.

• 2 months later...

Update. We can forget about 5100AGN wi-fi ever work in a way of hard coding. That's why it was changed on Atheros (price 10$ for used) and now working as original (no additional kexts or fixes). I got x4500 kext (don't ask where I got it because I gave a word not to post it anywhere.) And now it's fully working. I installed Lion on it but can get QE in Lion in a way that x4500 kexts not compatible with GL Framework (only native resolution). Here is a video of fully working 10.6.7 on x340

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Ive manage to do the same as you Jack-black.

found the x4500 kext on kexts.com

and now it works fine with QE and all! ;)

Suspense is killing me , and i hope a lot of others...

At kext.com i found 2 "solutions" ... one is another Chameleon RC4 that seems to be the same that Jack-black had pointed at page 5 ... and other x4500.zip that works only at 32-bit mode and claims to enable QE.

M.Nielsen, which one did you use ?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay, after a bit more research i did realize that not everything works after all ;).

my flash player crashes and videos cant be watched,

But Jack-black please share your settings. now you have had your glory and its just childish not to share with your fellow X340 users!

why shuld it be so secret?

ill hope you atleast think about it?