MSI X-SLIM 340

Jack-Black

116 posts in this topic

I posted image and video of fixed keyboard.

About Mac OS X. I installed a lot of 10.5.x Leopard builds from iAtkos, HTC, iDeneb and others. Result - 5 mins boot. I tried to replace, delete, edit kexts as result - nothing help (long boot). Yesterday I got SL 10.6.2 working with x3100 patched file (native resolution) now only 2 things left wi-fi and QE/CI acceleration. I posted image and video of how it's working. P.S. Leopard despite on long boot playing DivX files little better then SL.

what distro of SL you use? hazard or other? what kext or patch you installed? now also SL x4500 with patch work in native resolution?

thanks

Apparently there are 2 models, the 1.4 GHz tested at different sites with a noisy fan blowing constantly, and 1.2 GHz which seems to have no problem with the fan.

Is this due to the lower frequency?

Otherwise I saw no difference with your machine.

Also they are selling the X340 with the announcement of the forthcoming arrival of the X350

what distro of SL you use? hazard or other? what kext or patch you installed? now also SL x4500 with patch work in native resolution?

thanks

Hazard not working failed copy files during installation. I installed retail 10a432 and then updated with 10.6.2 from apple site. I used a guide - link in zip (and modified OSxinstall.mpkg for installing on MBR not GUID partition)

About x4500 patch it's only working in 32bit mode. System run a little bit stable and little slower too but anyway it works enough smooth.

Apparently there are 2 models, the 1.4 GHz tested at different sites with a noisy fan blowing constantly, and 1.2 GHz which seems to have no problem with the fan.

Is this due to the lower frequency?

Otherwise I saw no difference with your machine.

Also they are selling the X340 with the announcement of the forthcoming arrival of the X350

My is 1.4 Ghz and fan is silent as usual.

Install_10A432.zip

Hazard not working failed copy files during installation. I installed retail 10a432 and then updated with 10.6.2 from apple site. I used this guide (and Modified OSInstall.mpkg for installing on MBR not Guid) http://www.insanelymac.com/2009/08/how-to-...-pc-hackintosh/

can you explain this method?

how modifing OSInstall.mpkg? (your link is 'not found'..)

what kext you use?

(i have download SnowOSX_Universal_10.6(423)GM-v3.5.iso is the right one?)

very very thanks

can you explain this method?

how modifing OSInstall.mpkg? (your link is 'not found'..)

what kext you use?

(i have download SnowOSX_Universal_10.6(423)GM-v3.5.iso is the right one?)

very very thanks

Ok. Updated today voodoohda to newer version now video working a little bit better and sound loud now. Download link here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=139.0

Don't be so lazy and try to use google!!!.

Special for you ;) . All necessary: including kexts and installation process is in a link I posted above or below in zip.

Here is instruction how to modify OSinstall.mpkg

Create modified OSInstall.mpkg

1. Open terminal and type: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles YES"

2. Restart finder by holding the option key and right clicking (or click and hold the left mouse button) the finder icon in the dock. Select "Restart Finder".

3. Create a folder "OSInstall" on your desktop

4. From your Disk image, copy the file /system/installation/packages/OSInstall.mpkg to the folder you just created.

5. In terminal, type "cd ~/desktop/OSInstall" and then "xar -x -f ./OSInstall.mpkg"

6. Move the file OSInstall.mpkg out of your OSInstall folder and back onto the desktop.

7. Open the file in your OSInstall folder "Distribution" in textedit.

8. Delete the line "eraseOptionAvailable='true'" (it's near the beginning)

9. Save and close the file.

10. In terminal, make sure you are in your OSInstall folder and type:

"xar -c -f OSInstall.mpkg *"

11. This creates a new OSInstall.mpkg in the folder on the desktop. The old OSInstall.mpkg file will be on the desktop. Trash it now.

11.From your Disk image, delete the file /system/installation/packages/OSInstall.mpkg

12. Copy the OSInstall.mpkg we created in 11 to this folder.

13. In terminal type: "defaults write com.apple.Finder AppleShowAllFiles NO"

Here is a link how to install 10a432 in text file (site blocking direct link)

I install 10A432 (retail) as if 10A432 V3.5 (Universal hackintosh build) not worked for me. But I tried 10A432 V3.5 from usb drive. Method in guide including installation and patching under Mac OS X and I supposed your downloaded build is ok. Anyway read guide.

Install_10A432.zip

Ok. Updated today voodoohda to newer version now video working a little bit better and sound loud now. Download link here: http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php?topic=139.0

Don't be so lazy and try to use google!!!.

Special for you :D .

Many thanks.

I was just looking for the link on i++++tosh.com

Kext for video audio battery and ps2controller after installation, right?

Thanks

;)

It's very tempting.

SL can be installed on an SDHC card or USB stick for testing?

Of course no matter whether it is slow.

This is to avoid a first step to format the hard drive and destroy the original partition.

On a NC10, I lost all my scores PC wanting to format a Macintosh type of the original 3 partitions with the "disk utility".

So I just chilled in this type of manipulation

It's very tempting.

SL can be installed on an SDHC card or USB stick for testing?

Of course no matter whether it is slow.

This is to avoid a first step to format the hard drive and destroy the original partition.

On a NC10, I lost all my scores PC wanting to format a Macintosh type of the original 3 partitions with the "disk utility".

So I just chilled in this type of manipulation

I don't know about SDHC or USB. I bought external usb hard drive for testing and it works well for me.

Jack-Black, thank you very much! I have installed Snow Leo and it works. But there is one problem:

when I booting system with -v I see these messages:

USBF: AppleUSBEHCI[0x4abb000]::Found a transaction wich hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0xfd, timing out! (addr: 2,EP: 0)
USBF: IOUSBCompositeDriver[0x4abb000](IOUSBDevice) GetFullConfigDescriptor(0) returned NULL

What is this?

My x340 has WiMax (Intel Wireless 5150 Wi-Fi/WiMax). Is it the reason of these messages?

Jack-Black, thank you very much! I have installed Snow Leo and it works. But there is one problem:

when I booting system with -v I see these messages:

USBF: AppleUSBEHCI[0x4abb000]::Found a transaction wich hasn't moved in 5 seconds on bus 0xfd, timing out! (addr: 2,EP: 0)
USBF: IOUSBCompositeDriver[0x4abb000](IOUSBDevice) GetFullConfigDescriptor(0) returned NULL

What is this?

My x340 has WiMax (Intel Wireless 5150 Wi-Fi/WiMax). Is it the reason of these messages?

It's problems sometimes happen with identification of usb ports. It's ok.

I tried many time to install SL from retail, hazard, universal, with the guide indicated by Jack but i have always KP with message:

system uptime in nanoseconds 72465073

or another time:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet TIMEOUT

i have spent all my cards...........................

i tried all the web guide................

some suggestion...................

thanks.

(i tried install from existing Leopard, from USB , from DVD........)

I tried many time to install SL from retail, hazard, universal, with the guide indicated by Jack but i have always KP with message:

system timeout nanoseconds 83624765754

post-373831-1264074171_thumb.jpg

or another time:

AppleRTL8169Ethernet TIMEOUT

i have spent all my cards...........................

i tried all the web guide................

some suggestion...................

thanks.

(i tried install from existing Leopard, from USB , from DVD........)

1. Download myHack Installer 1.0 RC4.1 Released

2. Install it on USB flash

3. Copy to EXTRA folder kexts: voodooHDA, voodoo PS/2, voodoobattery (or another kexts for Snow Leo)

4. Rebuild Extensions.mkext from EXTRA folder

5. Boot from USB flash

It works for me.

1. Download myHack Installer 1.0 RC4.1 Released

2. Install it on USB flash

3. Copy to EXTRA folder kexts: voodooHDA, voodoo PS/2, voodoobattery (or another kexts for Snow Leo)

4. Rebuild Extensions.mkext from EXTRA folder

5. Download from USB flash

It works for me.

Thanks for link!

on step 5 : Download from usb ??

did you mean 'install from usb' ?

I am testing the installation of Snow, I have good hopes.

happened to me a strange thing: trying and trying again the various facilities on a USB HD, I found myself with a 10.5.8 to boot very fast in 35 seconds instead of 4-5 minute.........

I do not know exactly what I did, I install many things, I think it all changed after I installed chamaleo rc2431 and then DSDT on that volume ......

@jack: your driver for PS2 touchpad is for sinaptics, on my x340 touchpad is Sentelic. i found correct driver for my x340.

thanks to all

unclemik, what is your model x340? my x340 is MSI X340 041RU (Wi-Fi, WiMax, Bluetooth). And what about two-finger-scroll on your x340?

Thanks for your help. I just installed Snow on my x340!!

Model is: MSI X340-034IT Core 2 Solo SU3500 2GB*DDR2 500GB Wi-Fi BT Vista-P/W7 13.4" Silver, italian version without WiMax.

Touch pad is Sentelic (very bad...) and on leopard 10.5.8 have full scroll (not two finger) with a Sentelic driver found on this forum.

On Snow i have not tested, i will do tomorrow. Now tested only full resolution with patch an work very fine.

For wifi i have a little usb dongle that was working fine on 10.5.8.....

I am testing the installation of Snow, I have good hopes.

happened to me a strange thing: trying and trying again the various facilities on a USB HD, I found myself with a 10.5.8 to boot very fast in 35 seconds instead of 4-5 minute.........

I do not know exactly what I did, I install many things, I think it all changed after I installed chamaleo rc2431 and then DSDT on that volume ......

@jack: your driver for PS2 touchpad is for sinaptics, on my x340 touchpad is Sentelic. i found correct driver for my x340.

thanks to all

I gave you kext for PS2 touchpad wich works for me.

Thanks for your help. I just installed Snow on my x340!!

Model is: MSI X340-034IT Core 2 Solo SU3500 2GB*DDR2 500GB Wi-Fi BT Vista-P/W7 13.4" Silver, italian version without WiMax.

Touch pad is Sentelic (very bad...) and on leopard 10.5.8 have full scroll (not two finger) with a Sentelic driver found on this forum.

On Snow i have not tested, i will do tomorrow. Now tested only full resolution with patch an work very fine.

For wifi i have a little usb dongle that was working fine on 10.5.8.....

I see the people blow your mind with Mac OS X. Can smbd explain me why you use half-working OS X??? (usb wi-fi dongle and etc....)

I've made it just for fun, when drivers came maybe I'll use it, but I doubt that video driver will be done soon and it can play HD good. As good example my HP with 7400Go lagging with 720p wmv and mkv despite on acceleration enable.

Even flash video on youtube lagging with video patch on msi... For people who don't have external usb or hdd, I'll advise to wait for all drivers and then to install it.

As for me windows 7 not worse than os x and sometimes even better ).

I just want to say that don't hurry, wait for driver and then install it. I can play full HD wmv on msi in win7 and it tells a lot.. :rolleyes: