MSI X-SLIM 340

Jack-Black

116 posts in this topic

I gave you kext for PS2 touchpad wich works for me.

I see the people blow your mind with Mac OS X. Can smbd explain me why you use half-working OS X??? (usb wi-fi dongle and etc....)

I've made it just for fun, when drivers came maybe I'll use it, but I doubt that video driver will be done soon and it can play HD good. As good example my HP with 7400Go lagging with 720p wmv and mkv despite on acceleration enable.

Even flash video on youtube lagging with video patch on msi... For people who don't have external usb or hdd, I'll advise to wait for all drivers and then to install it.

As for me windows 7 not worse than os x and sometimes even better ).

I just want to say that don't hurry, wait for driver and then install it. I can play full HD wmv on msi in win7 and it tells a lot.. ;)

Yes, it's for fun! But some function on osx are not in Seven (that work very fine!!) and i like to use iPhoto...

Jack: the touchpad you gave me are not scrolling (also other voodoo i tested...). Wtih 10.5.8 i tested a kext for sentelic that give me full scrolling but on Snow doesnt work. How you installe/configured voodooPS2trackpad?

thanks.

Yes, it's for fun! But some function on osx are not in Seven (that work very fine!!) and i like to use iPhoto...

Jack: the touchpad you gave me are not scrolling (also other voodoo i tested...). Wtih 10.5.8 i tested a kext for sentelic that give me full scrolling but on Snow doesnt work. How you installe/configured voodooPS2trackpad?

thanks.

try to use kext in 32bit mode

Picasa 3 is good analog of iPhoto

try to use kext in 32bit mode

I think to be in 32bit mde. Boot arch=i386. how can verifing 32/64? (video patch work at full resolution...)

But you have vertical scroll, or two finger scroll on Snow?

Picasa 3 is good analog of iPhoto

Yes, i use Picasa3. Good. iPhoto can make a nice presentation .mov, and a very nice .pdf can be print on some web sites at lowest cost than Apple store.

I think to be in 32bit mde. Boot arch=i386. how can verifing 32/64? (video patch work at full resolution...)

But you have vertical scroll, or two finger scroll on Snow?

Yes, i use Picasa3. Good. iPhoto can make a nice presentation .mov, and a very nice .pdf can be print on some web sites at lowest cost than Apple store.

Patch (full resolution only work in 32bit mode). If you know how to run it in 64 bit explain how and post kexts here. By default Snow works in 64 bit. To boot it in 32 bit at chameleon boot loader - press TAB/select disk with snow leo/ type -x32 and hit enter. System will boot in 32bit. Or you can edit your file com.apple.boot.plist by adding arch=x86_32 (located in \extra\ folder). It looks like:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_32</string>

Patch (full resolution only work in 32bit mode). If you know how to run it in 64 bit explain how and post kexts here. By default Snow works in 64 bit. To boot it in 32 bit at chameleon boot loader - press TAB/select disk with snow leo/ type -x32 and hit enter. System will boot in 32bit. Or you can edit your file com.apple.boot.plist by adding arch=x86_32 (located in \extra\ folder). It looks like:

<key>Kernel Flags</key>

<string>arch=x86_32</string>

Yes, i am in 32bit mode. All work fine, but i have no scrolling with touchpad. But you have scrolling in Snow. I tested (in 32 bit) all kext found without result. In 10.5.8 i have a good scrolling with Sentelic touchpad.... but on snow........

A good update for x4500.

Today I found a solution to use native resolution (1366x768) without patched kext.

Why is it better?

1: fast screen loading (no 2 times blinking blue screen)

2: You tube video (not hd) playing now smoothly and divx video without lagging in Quicktime 7

(in Quicktime 10 lagging)

3: Working with both 32 and 64 bit modes.

Bellow I attached files for applying.

How to use:

1:Copy Folder extensions from extra folder and extensions.mkext (your Snow Leo disk) to safe place

2:Install chameleon RC4

3:Copy files from step 1 back to Extra folder

4:Launch show hidden files file from folder "SHOW/HIDE files" and remove boot file from root

5:Copy boot file from folder "x64 ViDEO boot" to root (replace deleted one)

Restart

Now we use VESA mode from startup

x4500.zip

Thanx everyone! i also bought a x340 some day ago, and now im running snow leopard on it!

Followed the guide unclemik posted and it worked just fine, exept for the video and wifi ofc.

but is there anyone who has managed to fix the touchpad scroll or sleep mode? mine just gets black and you cant get back :S, i must restart the computer to get in again.

and if i should try to replace the wifi can i use someone of those jack-black posted in win7 also?

Touchpad works for me with ApplePS2Controller.kext. Sound, touchpad, battery work perfect in 32/64 Bit modes. Remove video patch and use chameleon modification boot file (1366x768 now from boot). Youtube video and DivX ordinary files playing more smoothly. Your touchpad kext not work for me and it based on original windows driver (bad corner scrolling) it's better use arrows up/down/left/right button for scrolling (I use Apple Magic Mouse).

my touchpad kext are not based on windows driver but on SentelicsFSP by Nathan Hand and F.Andersson (Naiw) see: http://homepage.mac.com/fredrikandersson/A...SentelicFSP.cpp

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1312104

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=150009

and is FULL SCROLLING not as bad windows driver with corner scrolling, here is FULL SCROLLING. (see my video)

Obv mouse is usefully....................... Magic mouse best of......wow.

Question: magic mouse is bluetooth?

Alright, after a long time and hours and dvd-r's later I am finished. I used the Hazards Server Bistro and the kext posted in this link. Now everything works exept the wifi and QE.

I have two questions,

How do I use the keyboard like a mac-keyboard? Witch buttons are different?

Will it work to take the wifi-card from my Dell Inspiron 6400 from 2006? Is this hard to do?

thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone had an issue on their X340 when installing Iaktos v7 where the install almost completes (ie. it shows probably about 5% left) and the install just hangs (ie. it shows installing but just sits there for over 10 mins). Not sure what to do. I have erased and tried and reinstall several times but the same issue continues. I am attempting to use Dual Boot, Windows7 is already installed, when installing I have 50GB Hard drive allocated which successfully gets formatted as Mac with Journaling and shows up so I can do the install on that part of the drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Has anyone had an issue on their X340 when installing Iaktos v7 where the install almost completes (ie. it shows probably about 5% left) and the install just hangs (ie. it shows installing but just sits there for over 10 mins). Not sure what to do. I have erased and tried and reinstall several times but the same issue continues. I am attempting to use Dual Boot, Windows7 is already installed, when installing I have 50GB Hard drive allocated which successfully gets formatted as Mac with Journaling and shows up so I can do the install on that part of the drive.

Any help greatly appreciated.

My help is:

install iDeneb 10.5.8 or Snow Retail.

Wich kext did you use to make the tuchpad scroll work?

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1429910

My help is:

install iDeneb 10.5.8 or Snow Retail.

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1429910

Thanks, I will try that....I do have the Retail Disk and have a lot of experience with the Dell Mini 9 and Dell 10v, but didn't realize it was possible to use the Snow Retail with the MSI X-Slim so I will try both approaches. Again thanks for the quick response, much appreciated