No need for dsmos or AppleDecrypt!

40 posts in this topic

I took out AppleDecrypt, and added FakeSMC, then compiled a new mkext for my Extra folder. SMC version shows in System Profiler. I kept OpenHaltRestart and I am not using a disabler for AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement. I have a DSDT file in Extra. Sleep, Restart, and Shutdown are working, but shortly after Wake, kernel panic.

Thanks netkas!

Edit:

I may have solved the KP after wake. I had 2 DSDT.aml files, one in /Volumes/EFI/Extra and one in /Volumes/EFI. I got rid of the one at /Volumes/EFI. I don't know if or how that caused the problem, but it looks to be stable after wake now.

@ Aliasa

the

ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin::start waitForService(resourceMatching(AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) timed out

is not an error.

if you use disabler, it disables loading AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement so ACPI SMC waits for it.

with a patched DSDT its said there is no need for disabler.

( all that theoretical, havent tried neither this nor that)

• 1 month later...

Noobie question here,

here's a list of kext's in my /Extra/Extensions folder on my Snow Leopard drive:

kexts.png

now my question is since I'm using fakesmc.kext now and a kernel from qoopz, what kext's do I really need?

The only issue I'm having my hard drive's going to sleep now and then. . .what kext controls hard drive sleep? It's not even checked in the energy saver. . .

I see various ATA injectors, you can delete the one(s) you don't need.

You have both disabler.kext, intelCPUPMDisabler and nullcpupowermanagement.kext? Playing it safe I see.

Right click disabler.kext and pick 'show package contents'. Open info.plist with a plist editor (google) and see if it is disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. If it does, you can safely delete the other two.

A question:

My P4 Hackintosh is not up and running right now and I don't remember....doesn't the qoopz 9.8.0 kernel do blacklisting?

Do you see messages about blackisting in the boot log (run Console to read logs)/when booting with -v?

If you see the blacklisting messages, read this thread again to see what you must do..

I see various ATA injectors, you can delete the one(s) you don't need.

You have both disabler.kext, intelCPUPMDisabler and nullcpupowermanagement.kext? Playing it safe I see.

Right click disabler.kext and pick 'show package contents'. Open info.plist with a plist editor (google) and see if it is disabling AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext. If it does, you can safely delete the other two.

Thanx for the reply!

I was able to delete the two un-necessary power management files becasue of my disabler and also some of the extra ATA kexts (intelCPUPMDisabler and nullcpupowermanagement.kext). . .

I use AppleVIAATA.kext for my for SATA drives now in Snow Leopard. . .

(in Leopard 10.5.8 I use AppleAHCIPort.kext for my AHCI SATA drives. . .)

I use the IOAHCIBlockStorageInjector.kext to get rid of the orange hard drive SATA icons. . .

I use ATAPortInjector.kext to get my UDMA working. . .I don't know how or why it just works. . .

• 3 weeks later...
no shutdown....sleep and restart fine...i already delete openhalt kext

It didn't work for me as well with latest SMC 2.0 from Netkas butI found a solution:

both my fakesmc and SleepEnabler kexts were installed in /System/Library/Extensions, I moved fakesmc to /Extra/Extensions and rebuilt the mkext with MKExtTool and Shazam !

It works now ...

I suspect a precedence issue, as I installed fakesmc in /System/Library/Extensions and SleepEnabler in Extras, I troubleshooted this kind of problem as the Sleep Enabler is now loaded _after_ the fakesmc ext ...

Thanks Netkas !