iDeneb 10.5.7 installation on vmware and natively.

abhilash

59 posts in this topic

can you mention your configuration and the vmx file ...

Hey..Sorry for the late reply... Following are my system config. tomorrow I'll upload my vmx. file.

Motherboard --- XFX 680i sli mobo..chipset Nvidia

Processor --- Core 2 Quad 2.83...

Graphic Card --- Nvidia Quadro FX 570.

Ram ---- 2GB

Hard disk ---- 500GB

Rest is all quite normal hardware..

My home internet is not working or else I will uploaded vmx. file

thanks...

Hi everyone! Can you help me?! I have the same problem as extreme.aly wrote his 1 post! i follow the instruction carefully, and i have VMware 6.5.1, but if i don't put "-v" i see infinite loading and "apple"....so i put -v and see first screen=((

and again, if i choose 1 core, i have second screen(with -v) or the same loading screen as extreme.aly..

post-264773-1249419706_thumb.jpg

post-264773-1249421169_thumb.jpg

Hi everyone! Can you help me?! I have the same problem as extreme.aly wrote his 1 post! i follow the instruction carefully, and i have VMware 6.5.1, but if i don't put "-v" i see infinite loading and "apple"....so i put -v and see this screen=((

Trying reseting and see what happens.

hm...i try this "platform=X86PC -v" and have that....there was a progress, but also infinite loading:(((

HELP ME!!

Too many crashes in rapid succession is because of improper bios settings.. remember to enable ACPI and disable C1E Enhanced Halt state..

I too got the same message a hell lot of times. Check your bios setting and i recommend you to update the bios to the latest version..

Hey..Sorry for the late reply... Following are my system config. tomorrow I'll upload my vmx. file.

Motherboard --- XFX 680i sli mobo..chipset Nvidia

Processor --- Core 2 Quad 2.83...

Graphic Card --- Nvidia Quadro FX 570.

Ram ---- 2GB

Hard disk ---- 500GB

Rest is all quite normal hardware..

My home internet is not working or else I will uploaded vmx. file

thanks...

Hi john, I suggest you to update the bios. and check whether ACPI is enabled and C1E Enhanced halt state is disabled.

it is very important to prevent the error "too many crashes in rapid succession"..

Hi john, I suggest you to update the bios. and check whether ACPI is enabled and C1E Enhanced halt state is disabled.

it is very important to prevent the error "too many crashes in rapid succession"..

Hi Abhilash, Alright...Ill do that...

Bye...

hey

I followed you exact steps ,b unless I used busratio=20 -v I couldn't get anywhere near setup screen, but after the setup completion , when restarted , I get stuck in the boot up screen with (now ugly) apple logo on the background and a circle going around and around with a stop mark right in the middle of the page:

MacOSX-2009-08-08-16-56-18.png

My System Specs:

Intel Q6600 @ 3000 Mhz

2*2GB OCZ Platinum Rams

Asus P5Q

Asus EAH4850 (HD4850)

So I'm stuck in the wrong place , after all I've installed the freaking thing!

Installation in new VMWare-disk 20 GB worked great. Using the disk-utilities I formattet with mac-journalled.

Even System-Update to 10.5.8 ran without any problems.

My two little problems:

- when I change the options in VMWare to a native cd-Rom I get an error - no system.

- no sound

can someone help me on this? thanks

old_wolf

Installation in new VMWare-disk 20 GB worked great. Using the disk-utilities I formattet with mac-journalled.

Even System-Update to 10.5.8 ran without any problems.

My two little problems:

- when I change the options in VMWare to a native cd-Rom I get an error - no system.

- no sound

can someone help me on this? thanks

old_wolf

Hi and congrats, would you care to explain your installation? and give us your system specs.

and did you get a screen like mine (above) and then you passed through it ? (I gotta know if patience would do any good or not)

problem solved.... oh guys it feels good not wasting a lot of time and getting nothing out of it ;)

well thanks to this:

http://######.com/index.php?option=...6&Itemid=48

I did it. No don't get me wrong, I didn't download the vmware image file , no ... actually while reading this page I noticed that this buddy has been using a freeBSD x64 base for ideneb so I thought why don't I give it a try ....

as a proof:

th_FreeBSD64-bit-2009-08-08-16-56-15.png

I cannot install iDeben 10.5.7 on my vmware workstation version is 6.5.1 build 126130.

I run the VM, I excecute the '-v' command and after that I get a blue screen with loading animated cursor. The installation is not able to go ahead.

For the installation I used an ext3 logical partition of my physical disk. What's wrong? Why I cannot install os?

Host:

Intel Core 2 Duo 2.66Ghz

3Gb RAM DDR2

Windows XP Pro

• 5 weeks later...
Installation in new VMWare-disk 20 GB worked great. Using the disk-utilities I formattet with

I have the very same problem. It seem like vmware needs the bootsector of the DVD Image.

I tried changing settings in (VMWare´s) BIOS but it didn´t help.

I don´t wanna keep analmost 5GB Image just for the Boot sector.

Any help would be gr8

/Leo

BTW: I also did the mistake of choosing free BSD without the 64 at first.

Doing it right does the trick

• 5 weeks later...
hi could anybody help me?

I don't see any hdd. I've tried to format whit the DiUt, but its failed.

Here screenshot:

post-458811-1250714845_thumb.jpg

when i select an other partion i dont see it too.

sorry for my bad english.

thx

I'm having the same problem at the moment. Did any one find a solution to this? I tried unmounting the disk in windows before doing the vmware install and osx install but that didnt help either. This is pretty much the only thing stopping me from installing osx on my system :)

thx

hi could anybody help me?

I don't see any hdd. I've tried to format whit the DiUt, but its failed.

Here screenshot:

post-458811-1250714845_thumb.jpg

when i select an other partion i dont see it too.

sorry for my bad english.

thx

its because you are using the partition on host os and accessing the same partition in the guest.. so the error comes. delete tat partition in the host os and dont format the partition and let it be raw partition.. then u will not get any error messages..

its because you are using the partition on host os and accessing the same partition in the guest.. so the error comes. delete tat partition in the host os and dont format the partition and let it be raw partition.. then u will not get any error messages..

interesting, i'll keep that in mind for the future. i got it to ibstall another way, i used paragons partition sfware tp make a mac partition on tue drive, then i was abke to in stall to it. unfortunately I cant get it to boot chameleon or that hatd drive. I will redo it again because I might have not usee mbr which would make sense of why its not booting. any suggestions?

• 3 weeks later...

Booting (everytime) with option busratio=20 absolutely makes my VMware Mac OS X install to work !!! :)

All I needed, after the initial install, was to boot once with -v -x busratio=20 and finish the GUI part of the install.

Now I boot everytime with busratio=20. Without it, the virtual Mac OS constantly reboots under VMware.

My host:

OS: Windows Vista 64-bit Enterprise, SP2 (and all patches up to date)

CPU: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 2.40 GHz

Motherboard: Gigabyte EP35-DS3R

RAM: 4 GB (GSkill)

HDD: 250 GB Western Digital, SATA2

Video: NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GTS, 256 MB VRAM

DVD: ASUS DRW-2014L1T, ATA

Guest:

Mac OS "distro": iDeneb v.1.4 10.5.6

VMware Workstation 7.0.0, build 203739, 1 month TRIAL

VMware settings:

CPUs: 1

RAM: 1024 MB

Virtual disk: new, 8 GB

Network: bridged

(configured with with static IP under Mac OS after install - somehow was getting a duplicate IP from my router)

Sound: (off - didn't include it)

Notes:

1) install took more than 1.5 hrs (!!!), from physical DVD (mapped in the VM)

2) at the end of the install, it took a lot of time (30+ mins) for some install script to "fix permissions" (went to do so for every single file in /System/Library/Extensions and all its sub-directories - I monitored it in the install log)

3) Video has only one resolution: 1024 x 768

4) VMware will offer you to install FreeBSD tools - don't, they don't work under Mac OS

SysProfiler recognizes correctly the following physical hardware:

- CPU model (nevertheless I use 1 core)

- DVD RW drive

- PCI cards (Ethernet, 2 USB Host Controllers, Audio)

- Power

Problems/crashes:

- connecting USB Flash stick (4 GB, SanDisk, FAT32) to the Host crashed the Mac OS under VMware with kernel panic

- the host and the guest (!!!) freeze when CD/DVD is ejected/inserted in the physical DVD/CD device

Packages chosen during install:

post-516974-1258025760_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

First, hello to everyone on the forum from Brazil.

Is there any chance that someone here could help me on a fix for my SATA DVD-RW drive MAT{censored}A DVD-RAM UJ870BJ drive? I have a Sony Vaio VGN-NS120AH, and have been trying to install iDeneb 10.5.7 (great release by the way!) on my laptop.

Unfortunately, I have the infamous GMA 4500M graphics card, and have given up on getting my native resolution, which would be 1280x800. Tried everything and can't get it to work, only 1024x768.

As far as the sound goes, the ALC262 package works perfectly.

Ethernet I really have not tried to fix yet. I have a Marvell Yukon 88E8055 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller. No big deal, can live without it for now.

My Atheros wireless adapter works just fine on Snow Leopard, but not on Leopard. (Is there a way to port this driver from Snow Leopard to Leopard?)

Now to the problem I really would like to solve: when I used Kalyway 10.5.1 distro, my Mat{censored}a DVD drive was recognized normally during and after installation, and I could easily burn media with it. But with iDeneb (and also iPC) after the installation is complete, it no longer works. It appears on the System Profiler under Serial-ATA devices along with my hard drive, but not under Burning Devices. It is simply useless.

So my question is, should I chose a specific kernel to install iDeneb? Because this has been driving me bananas. I have installed successfully several times, but no luck with the DVD drive. Can someone please help me? I really appreciate it.

Processor family T3200

Processor clock speed 2000 MHz

Processor front side bus 667 MHz

Processor manufacturer Intel®

Motherboard manufacturer Intel®

Chipset Mobile Intel® GL40 Express Chipset

SATA2 hard disk drive (160 GB)

SATA DVD-RW drive

Display resolution: 1280 x 800

Graphic adapter: Mobile Intel® GMA 4500M

Audio system: Realtek ALC262