iDeneb 10.5.7 installation on vmware and natively.

abhilash

59 posts in this topic

iDeneb 10.5.7 installation on vmware and natively.

This installation procedure resolves the problem "still waiting for root device" and kernel panics for nforce motherboards or any other motherboard.

The following tutorial shows the installation of iDeneb 10.5.7 on vmware workstation 6.5.1 and run natively.

NOTE:

This installation is done on XFX 680i LT SLI Motherboard with Intel core2 duo E6750 2.66 Ghz processor.

BIOS settings for nforce motherboards.

1.) Enable APIC Mode.

2.) Disable C1E Enhanced Halt state.

3.) Disable Limit CPUID MaxVal.

4.) Disable Intel SpeedStep.

5.) Disable CPU Thermal Control.

The following images will guide you upto the end of installation.

step 1:

Open vmware workstation and click New Virtual Machine.

post-217105-1248715924_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716070_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716315_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716334_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716344_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716353_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716362_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716674_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716689_thumb.jpg

If you want to run natively then select an physical hard disk otherwise create a new virtual disk.

post-217105-1248716711_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248716727_thumb.jpg

Browse the ISO file of iDeneb 10.5.7.

post-217105-1248716739_thumb.jpg

click ok and exit vmware. Goto My Virtual Machines and find your virtual machines configuration files folder and open the .vmx file with wordpad and

do the following changes.

guestos = "darwin"

and add the line

paevm = "TRUE"

and save the file. Now double click the vmx file and start the virtual machine.

press F8 when the it prompts and type -v and press enter.

post-217105-1248717193_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248717278_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248717291_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248717306_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248717321_thumb.jpg

post-217105-1248717341_thumb.jpg

Select the packages which your host support if you want to run natively. Otherwise dont select any package if you want to run on vmware.

post-217105-1248717357_thumb.jpg

Grab a cup of coffee until the installation is finished. If you want to run natively stop the virtual machine after reboot and restart your host machine and boot from the physical disk in which you have done your installation. Have fun !!!!!!!! :star_smile:

Hey...abhilash. Thanks for this guide of Nforce 680i. I have the same mobo and of course after wasting more then 10 days on this now finally I found some thing I can trust on.

Thanks A Lot.....

But can you please upload the Image again cause its not working...Maybe in other photo site will do.

bye...

Hi..Abhilash.

Having some problem here...When I try to start virtual machine it shown nothing the whole screen goes blank. When I try to close it after some time like 15minutes then also it says that VM Mac...10.5.7...is busy.

And where you said (Browse the ISO file of iDeneb 10.5.7.) there its hard to understand where to browse so I try cd dvd rom there is a option for ISO file.

Is there any thing wrong...there should I have to do some thing els

I try to follow every thing as you said and my mobo is 680i sli XFX.

I've followed your instructions, but it didn't work. I got a ACPI error and the CPU is disabled. I'm using Vmware Workstaion for Windows ver 6.5.2 build-156735. Can you let me know which version you have?

Here is the screen capture of the error message.

post-240304-1248957391_thumb.jpg

Hi Abhilash...Images are again start working..Thanks..

In "select a physical Disk" my pc is showing Physicaldrive0 whether in your pc it shows Physicaldrive1 is that the problem????

thanks

Hi john steel.. I have two disks one with xp installed and other one is empty.. In this case i am installing on physical drive 1 which is empty.

Remember that if you i have only one disk and want to install it on a partition then select that partition in vmware, not the whole disk..

Hi..Abhilash.

Having some problem here...When I try to start virtual machine it shown nothing the whole screen goes blank. When I try to close it after some time like 15minutes then also it says that VM Mac...10.5.7...is busy.

And where you said (Browse the ISO file of iDeneb 10.5.7.) there its hard to understand where to browse so I try cd dvd rom there is a option for ISO file.

Is there any thing wrong...there should I have to do some thing els

I try to follow every thing as you said and my mobo is 680i sli XFX.

If you have the ISO file of iDeneb 10.5.7 then click browse and goto that file and select it..

I've followed your instructions, but it didn't work. I got a ACPI error and the CPU is disabled. I'm using Vmware Workstaion for Windows ver 6.5.2 build-156735. Can you let me know which version you have?

Hi... can you mention your system configuration.. Does your board support ACPI Management.. If you provide the details i will help you..

I can't open the images larger.

images are working fine and they are larger..

Hi abhilash...ya I have Ideneb 10.5.7 and Actually I did browse to it but I don't know why its not showing any thing "blank".

bye...I am clueless... :(

check whether you have selected boot from cd in vmware.... if it is correct then mount your iso using daemon tools and check the files whether they are present or not...

I'm installing it on an VM hdd IDE (15gb)

I got everything correct till booting.. but i used this command: busratio=20 -v

because without it, it was restarting again and again...

after that, it shows me iDeneb background and shows me a loading animated cursor (pinwheel) but doesn't show me the language selecting dialogue...

it is just loading and loading something.. i don't know whether its doing something or not...

please tell me what to do?

My Specs:

Pentium 4 HT 3.06Ghz (i selected 1 number of processors instead of 2)

Motherboard: P5B-MX (wifi)

2GB RAM

I'm installing it on an VM hdd IDE (15gb)

I got everything correct till booting.. but i used this command: busratio=20 -v

because without it, it was restarting again and again...

after that, it shows me iDeneb background and shows me a loading animated cursor (pinwheel) but doesn't show me the language selecting dialogue...

it is just loading and loading something.. i don't know whether its doing something or not...

please tell me what to do?

My Specs:

Pentium 4 HT 3.06Ghz (i selected 1 number of processors instead of 2)

Motherboard: P5B-MX (wifi)

2GB RAM

Why did you select 1 if you have 2 cores..???

no need to use busratio=20 all that.. please carefully follow the tutorial .. you will be error free..

Why did you select 1 if you have 2 cores..???

no need to use busratio=20 all that.. please carefully follow the tutorial .. you will be error free..

without busratio=20 it simply restarts just after i enter the command..

and i think pentium 4 has only 1 core... any way, i selected 2 with busratio=20, it showed me this screen (errors attached)

post-465053-1249025942_thumb.jpg

without busratio=20 it simply restarts just after i enter the command..

and i think pentium 4 has only 1 core... any way, i selected 2 with busratio=20, it showed me this screen (errors attached)

If you have only one core why did you select two.. use one and try..

I think my OS having some problem here because I have one virtual Machine which I used to run on my system...But now when I try to run it again its showing the same blank screen which is not the case before...So now I am thinking to reinstall

my OS then with that fresh copy I will install VMware then try it again...hope that will works...

What is your vmware version Spoor? I have the same problem!

My vmware version is 6.5.2 build 156735 - Blue screen with loading animated cursor....

My spec:

Intel Celeron M 1.5Ghz

1Gb RAM

Intel 915GM

Thanks!

I have 6.5.1 as what was said in the main topic which works.

What is your vmware version Spoor? I have the same problem!

My vmware version is 6.5.2 build 156735 - Blue screen with loading animated cursor....

My spec:

Intel Celeron M 1.5Ghz

1Gb RAM

Intel 915GM

Thanks!

Did you check the processor instructions whether your processor is SSE3 and EM64T supported..

Did you check the processor instructions whether your processor is SSE3 and EM64T supported..

Intel Celeron M has SSE2 technology, compatible with MAC OS X.

In the past, I installed leopard, but it was the version 10.5.1.

thanks for help

try using this command:

busratio=20 -v

i also had the same problem...

If you have only one core why did you select two.. use one and try..

i said even if i select 1 core, it passes the booting problem and shows me this screen (attached) and its not doing anything else...just the cursor is animating...

post-465053-1249157735_thumb.jpg