Safe to use real apple ID/registration?

Shaocaholica

10 posts in this topic

why would you even CONSIDER registering a pirated product?

whether it is safe or not, thinking like that gets people caught.

it's like criminals returning to the scene of the crime, or sex without a condom. you are increasing risk unneccesarily.

• 10 months later...

How do I download the updates for Aperture!? It says that I need an Apple ID!? I'm running OSX86, and I not crazy about the idea of registrering a pirate product!?

Can I use anothers ID and download the updates!?

Or can I create an Apple ID but not registre my copy of OSX!?

How do I download the updates for Aperture!? It says that I need an Apple ID!? I'm running OSX86, and I not crazy about the idea of registrering a pirate product!?

Can I use anothers ID and download the updates!?

Or can I create an Apple ID but not registre my copy of OSX!?

Use Software Update... check Aperture update on the list and then from Update menu choose Download Only. When it finishes downloading system will open folder with packages and you will be able to move them to another location for later use/installation.

Use Software Update... check Aperture update on the list and then from Update menu choose Download Only. When it finishes downloading system will open folder with packages and you will be able to move them to another location for later use/installation.

Okay!

Thanks - I'll try that! :)

hahaha rofl. I registred my OS x. I didnt mean to but it did. The funny thing is, i got an email like 1 day later from Apple saying "Welcome! Thank you for purchasing product with Apple". It was weird cause my product id of my "Mac" was the same as my Dell service tag.

Another way of getting Apple's SW Updates is by going here: http://swscan.apple.com/content/catalogs/index-1.sucatalog . I'm guessing the SW Update program uses this file for the updates. This is just an XML file so just type it into your browser and browse all avail SW updates. They are listed as .pkm and .tar files with the .tar files being the actual SW package...not sure what the .pkm file is for. All updates are avail via HTTP as you will see in this sucatalog file.

Enjoy :blink:

Well it isn't really a problem after all. You can just download them from the software update as you do not need an Apple ID to do that! :blink:

Downloaded the new Aperture updates, and it runs so good and stable now!