PowerHack G5 ;)

nerdalertdk

49 posts in this topic

Super remember to post you project :P

Quick question so I can buy the tools I'll need. What is the thickness of the metal on the back of the PowerMac case that I'll need to cut? Also what's the thickness of the Lian Li motherboard tray?

Rough guesses would be ok.

Yeah, I'll definately post the project :thumbsup_anim:

Thanks

Quick question so I can buy the tools I'll need. What is the thickness of the metal on the back of the PowerMac case that I'll need to cut? Also what's the thickness of the Lian Li motherboard tray?

Rough guesses would be ok.

Yeah, I'll definitely post the project :)

Thanks

backplate is 0.8mm Alu and lian li tray is 0.8-1mm a angel grinder goes through it like butter

edit

the case it self is 1-1.2mm alu, but used the same disk on the angel grinder: 1mm metal disk

• 4 weeks later...
Hi nerdalertdk first sorry for my poor english i have a question my G5 case will arrive soon and i want to know if this motherboard tray is ok for the back of the case please:

http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/ind...oducts_id=21886

thanks in advance

Some ask me the same thing in another tread, but i think the backplate you link to is to wide. it will end up covering the case open/close handle. and then you will have to cut where the fan would sit.

My backplate is around 15cm in width

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Just got the front panel work 100%

Before:

post-237525-1264157674_thumb.jpg

After:

USB,Firewire, Sound, HD LED(green) and power LED works

+ is working on gette Infrared in front

post-237525-1264157710_thumb.jpg

post-237525-1264157728_thumb.jpg

post-237525-1264157753_thumb.jpg

Hi I've been a long time lerker on this forum, and now have all the components to attempt a similar task as you. From your most recent post, I was wondering if you were still using your pwr ground from the mbo as described in an earlier post by you. Great work so far, and thanks in advance.

• 3 weeks later...

You need to 'earn your wings' by answering five times before you are alloved to post new topics :P

I've been trying to post my progress, but for some reason I cant make a new topic... Perhaps admin can help me with this...