If OSX came out legally for the PC, would you buy it?

MAC OSX for PC  

551 members have voted

1. 1. If Apple released OSX for the PC, would you buy it?

• YES!!!!!!
    • No....
    • Probably
    • Probably not...
    • Just Maybe

82 posts in this topic

Has anyone checked out Apple Oulets? There are some amazing deals on that site. For anyone who wants a Mac, this is the place to go. With eBay, you get barely any warranty and you can't really tell if its been opened or not. With Apple Outlets, they are 100% covered by Apple and you can get upgradable warranties!!!!!! Check it out: http://store.apple.com/1-800-MY-APPLE/WebO...lm=CertifiedMac

I just dont get it, how come we can install windows on mac but we cant install it on a pc.

.. because Apple won't let you, simple as that.

The Mac OS is one of the main reasons people buy Macs and the profits from hardware (From Macs, iPods, etc) are Apples lifeline.

I'd buy it depending upon 2 things, the price and if Leopard (Or a subsequent update) was better than Vista.

It won't happen any time soon, and I mean for a long time.

I voted yes by going out and buying Tiger, which hopefully most people here are doing. Yes, I can't use it and it sits on my shelf and mocks me... but we want to support Apple. I appreciate that OS X is a trojan horse (in the best sense of those words) to entice people to buy Apple hardware but I hope the good folks over Apple read these boards and understand that people are shouting loud and clear from the rooftops that they WANT with a passion to buy Minis and iMacs but only if Apple see sense and lets people upgrade the graphics cards and so on. Apple almost got things right with the lovely 24" iMac but the graphics card can only be upgraded by the dealer. Not sure how much money Apple would make out of selling Tiger to the wider PC community (people are too much attached to their Windows programs; OS X needs a compatability layer like WINE for Linux that lets you run Windows programs) unless they repackage OS X and the GUI in such a way that it will make you want and need and lust over peripherals manufactured by Apple themselves. Seems to me that they have missed a massive marketing opportunity somewhere. They have a track record of doing that, the thankfully now rare lapse into gaudy and overpriced and, you know, you keep hoping they have something big planned, an OS X for all Intel/AMD computers, or upgradeability of their existing range because (and not wanting to flame MS who are innovative now and then) few people love Microsoft products.

In short - and having used the gaudy and bloated VISTA beta - YES! .... but I would rather buy an expandable iMac... when Apple see fit to make one.

• 2 weeks later...