Microsoft Entourage 2008 REALLY SLOW on OSx86

underball

7 posts in this topic

• 1 month later...

Have the same problem on my hack! On my real mac's Entourage works fine.

I checked and found entourage uses 1 GB of virt. mem and about 1% cpu usage. This should not the problem, still having 2.4 GB free RAM.

When Entourage runs in background other apps are also slow. For example you tube clips are often hanging. The same with quicktime clips already on hd.

So, maybe it has something to do with graphic? I found via google some real mac users got into the same, which i can't confirm. Have no solution found so far.

Has anyone an idea?

• 2 weeks later...

I think I have narrowed the cause a bit. As long Entourage is open my Video / Graphics are slow too. Useing an ATI 2600 PRO card. The behave is likely an application running on a remote desktop via network.

Tested with xbench got the attached results. The quartz graphic test rectangle is very bad, compared with the IMAC xbench result and as far I remember an ATI 1600 card.

So maybe the ATI2600pro kext I'm useing is not so good.

Any Ideas?

EP35-DS3 xbench

have some problem uploading the pdf file, hopefully it works now

IMAC.xbench.pdf

EP35_DS3.pdf

• 2 weeks later...

Having the same issue, just started RANDOMLY without me changing a thing.

10.5.7, entourage 2008.

When i open an email to compose, typing, scrolling, anything in that window results in the "window server" process going to max CPU usage.

Anyone got a clue here?

This is also occurring when i'm viewing an email and scrolling through it.

However it does NOT occur when the same email is viewed in the preview pane.

It seems whatever part of entourage is used when you open a new "box" whether it be an email or a composition.

could use some knowledge from you guys...

This also occurs when you are in the "about entourage" dialog box to see the version numbers.

window server goes to 100% cpu utilization and the mouse starts lagging, etc.

Is a font in use in that screen and also in emails that is causing this? I have used cocktail to remove my font cache, and still no luck.

This is literally CRIPPLING my ability to get stuff done. Can ANYONE think of a reason here? Maybe just post here to let me know someone cares? Lol...