Jas 10.4.6 Radeon Mobile Issue

a2000rick

10 posts in this topic

Hi, I just installed Jas' OSX 10.4.6 on my Dell Inspiron 8600, which has a 15.4' screen (1600*1050) and a Radeon 9600 Pro.

OSX installed fine, but when i try to boot into normal mode ( not safe mode ), I can see my mouse moving arround, but my desktop and all the windows are black with crazy blue and yellow artifacts everywhere.

This goes away in safe mode.

I'm going to try to remove some extensions, and see if i can get to work. I'll report anything i find here.

In the mean while if anyone has any suggestions please inform me.

Thanks

I have, by trail and error, found the file which corrupts my display.

Everything works fine until I move "ATIRadeon9700GLDriver.bundle" to the extensions folder. (from a temp directory i made, to which i moved all the ATI extensions)

I installed Myzar's 10.4.5 and the graphics seem to work now

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same problem with x600 Mobile card. I had enabled with no problem QE using Myzar's 10.4.6 release but now I can't with latest Jas' 10.4.6. I explored the content of myzar's release looking for this extension but I haven't find it. Where do I have to look for?

Thanks...

C'mon myzar why boycott ATI? If it's between ATI and nVidia, I'd say nVidia it's the evil one. :D;)

but ati accepted to use efi {censored} that's why it's in my enemy list company, anyway i'm just joking i dunno how to help you , prolly the difference is that jas is using 10.4.6 ati drivers and in my patch i'm still using the 10.4.5 so you should try using 10.4.5 ati drivers but again i dunno i'm just guessing i don't have an ati card you'll find better help reading the 20+ thread about ati cards

I had the same problem after installing 10.4.6: when I was using the Myzar's 10.4.5 my x600 mobile worked with QE enabled (no 1280x800 anyway...) but shifting to latest Jas' 10.4.6 I lost it. Someone could send me the 10.4.5's ATIRadeon9700.kext?

thanks...

this is totally off topic but why so many people using an enemy gfx card with a totally enemy system . just boycott anything ati/intel

Funny enough! I can tell your 10.4.4/4.5 DVD + update V3 to 10.4.6 is the best combination for my Intel+ATI sytem. Keep up the good work! :)