ATi Mobility Radeon 3470

Dismounted

24 posts in this topic

Tomorrow I will come from operation I will test the driver for Mobility HD 3450 (3470) still HD 3200 available in a notebook is. The notebook configuration problem (SB700 the controller, Turion Ultra 64x2 zm-80 and broadcom lan and wi-fi and realtek alc888) a problem notebook acer aspire 5530g is a pity that. Forgive for my bad English ^ _ ^

I will soon inform on results

Tomorrow I will come from operation I will test the driver for Mobility HD 3450 (3470) still HD 3200 available in a notebook is. The notebook configuration problem (SB700 the controller, Turion Ultra 64x2 zm-80 and broadcom lan and wi-fi and realtek alc888) a problem notebook acer aspire 5530g is a pity that. Forgive for my bad English ^ _ ^

I will soon inform on results

Looking foward to the HD3450 driver. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
I got it to work last night. No qe/ci right now, and probably will not work on any laptop other than toshiba (which I use), because we have a special LVDS connector that the framebuffer somehow recognizes.

What do you mean you got it to work? Are you able to change resolution higher, to something like 1280x800 or something similar? If so, please note the config changes and driver files you loaded in order for it to work.

Thanks

Robert

What do you mean you got it to work? Are you able to change resolution higher, to something like 1280x800 or something similar? If so, please note the config changes and driver files you loaded in order for it to work.

Thanks

Robert

He only got it to work in Safe Mode conntected to a monitor via LVDS which is only, as far as I know.. A connection on both Toshiba and Apple (some) laptops. If you don't have LVDS, there's still no solution.

For what I know...the problem isn't the resolution because someone has successfully change the resolution of the 3450hd, the problem is the qe/ci support!

For what someone said to me, with no qe/ci the system is unusable!

For what I know...the problem isn't the resolution because someone has successfully change the resolution of the 3450hd, the problem is the qe/ci support!

For what someone said to me, with no qe/ci the system is unusable!

Correct, but only for the PCI-E Desktop version of the card, not the MOBILITY Laptop version, which is coded COMPLETELY differently.

Simply put, IT DOESN'T EXIST. Works if you have a TOSHIBA laptop with an LVDS connector, NOTHING else, and probably, NEVER WILL. Been hoping for 8 months, still no luck..

Snow Leopard might fix that, but thats a good while away.

Correct, but only for the PCI-E Desktop version of the card, not the MOBILITY Laptop version, which is coded COMPLETELY differently.

Simply put, IT DOESN'T EXIST. Works if you have a TOSHIBA laptop with an LVDS connector, NOTHING else, and probably, NEVER WILL. Been hoping for 8 months, still no luck..

Snow Leopard might fix that, but thats a good while away.

So MatthewRuddy, will the driver work on my Toshiba Satellite M300 or just the one on desktop PC?

Thank You Very Much and let's hope there is one on Snow Leopard. I'm eagerly seeing updates from WWDC 2009 today!

So MatthewRuddy, will the driver work on my Toshiba Satellite M300 or just the one on desktop PC?

Thank You Very Much and let's hope there is one on Snow Leopard. I'm eagerly seeing updates from WWDC 2009 today!

Couldn't tell you, as I don't own a Toshiba laptop, I'm stuck on my Dell Studio 1535 with no Leopard support for my Graphics Card..

Best ask AppleHacker. He is the only guy I'm aware of to get it working, but it only works when leopard is booted into safe mode, and connected to an external monitor via LVDS. It will not if your laptop does not have an LVDS connector, and even at that the fact it doesn't work without being connected to one is enough to put me entirely off using Leopard..

• 1 month later...

I am sorry to say but old mobility cards will not have support in snow laopard... Think about it why should apple get ati to make driver support for cards they dont user an never will use... the first mobility card apple has used since the RadeonHD 2400 is the one in the new imac (The ATI RadeonHD 4850 mobility) all the 3xx0 cards wont get support.

It is true about the Toshibas where the 3650 works, and it is because it dont use the same connector to the mobo as the other cards is oure guess... But the Toshiba Satellite P30x series is the only one i have seen working with full QE/CI on the internal screen. All other laptops sorry you are out of luck.

I am sorry to say but old mobility cards will not have support in snow laopard... Think about it why should apple get ati to make driver support for cards they dont user an never will use... the first mobility card apple has used since the RadeonHD 2400 is the one in the new imac (The ATI RadeonHD 4850 mobility) all the 3xx0 cards wont get support.

It is true about the Toshibas where the 3650 works, and it is because it dont use the same connector to the mobo as the other cards is oure guess... But the Toshiba Satellite P30x series is the only one i have seen working with full QE/CI on the internal screen. All other laptops sorry you are out of luck.

Never say never !

I'm also waitin resolution option for my mobility 3470, not the full driver software... But we are really need to be able to change the resolution to 1280x800...

I use osx86 tools and enter the 1280x800x32 but nothing changes. I also need my webcam work.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...