Cider 2178 (from the new Prince of Persia)

locoputo

18 posts in this topic

Download Link is here.

Cider build 2178 is now been posted on the blog and is available to download. Please let us know how well it works on games that have been previously ported successfully thank you!

Cider build number 2178 is that which is included with the new Prince of Persia release.

Let me know how well it works with previously successful ports, thanks!

Download Link is here.

Cider build 2178 is now been posted on the blog and is available to download. Please let us know how well it works on games that have been previously ported successfully thank you!

Cider build number 2178 is that which is included with the new Prince of Persia release.

Let me know how well it works with previously successful ports, thanks!

This port doesn't really seem to work well for me... I tried to port Resident Evil 4, but it didn't work with it, I tried even Prince of Persia and it didn't work (I had prince of persia working with cider 2097 previously.)

I'll keep trying every game that I have.

This port doesn't really seem to work well for me... I tried to port Resident Evil 4, but it didn't work with it, I tried even Prince of Persia and it didn't work (I had prince of persia working with cider 2097 previously.)

I'll keep trying every game that I have.

Don't work too for me with different games

I tried to port Resident Evil 4, but it didn't work with it, I tried even Prince of Persia and it didn't work (I had prince of persia working with cider 2097 previously.)

Working with Prince Of Persia, which one you mean? :)

the game is using cider 2178 and it only works with THIS game. Seems transgaming is really optimizing their sandbox for individual games sometimes, and like Eve Online, this Cider will only work with this Prince Of Persia: the Mac EXE has been recompiled and is different than the PC version.

for making some game with 2178 you neen change

CFBundleExecutable: launcher

to

CFBundleExecutable: cider

it's uneversal access :thumbsup_anim:

the launcher made for PoP, if open it with hex, you can see .../prince.exe etc

Something tells this cider to run only THIS exe and not any other. We have to find out how they did it.

Also, the EVE cider is the same. Something tells it only to run the EVE exe and no other. HOWEVER, dafootballer managed to port the example game included in cheesytoe's tutorial by following it bit by bit. And the game worked fine. Maybe that game has something which could allow us to port other games.

I'm not a very experienced windows user, maybe one of you guys will be able to work out the glitch

yeah thats the confusing thing i was able to port extreme racers on 2289 i havnt tried it with this version but ill see

yup i can confirm it works with 2178 too...

my info plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>CFBundleDevelopmentRegion</key>
<string>English</string>
<key>CFBundleExecutable</key>
<string>cider</string>
<key>CFBundleGetInfoString</key>
<string>Extreme Racers</string>
<key>CFBundleIconFile</key>
<string>EveOnline.icns</string>
<key>CFBundleIdentifier</key>
<string>com.transgaming.extremeracers</string>
<key>CFBundleInfoDictionaryVersion</key>
<string>1.0</string>
<key>CFBundleName</key>
<key>CFBundlePackageType</key>
<string>APPL</string>
<key>CFBundleShortVersionString</key>
<key>CFBundleSignature</key>
<string>EVEO</string>
<key>CFBundleVersion</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>CedegaGameDir</key>
<string>C:\Extreme Racers\</string>
<key>CedegaGameName</key>
<string>C:\Extreme Racers\Extreme Racers.exe</string>
<key>CiderBuild</key>
<string>2289</string>
<key>LSMinimumSystemVersion</key>
<string>10.4.8</string>
<key>LSUIElement</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>NSMainNibFile</key>
<string>MainMenu</string>
<key>PrefsFolderName</key>
<key>apLaunch</key>
<string>cider</string>
<key>apURL</key>
<string>Google.com</string>
</dict>
</plist>

ok ive tried something i bit different ive opened the prince of persia.exe with stuffit and it comes with executable called prince of persia.1 i then tried concating that with the game.exe i was trying to port (this time i did Half-Life) so i typed in terminal

cat (dragged hl.exe) (then dragged prince of persia.1) > hl.exe and it combined the two files

i know get this error and when i run the game it goes black then hides the dock like its in game but still is on desktop

Last login: Thu Apr 2 09:37:06 on ttys001

connor-macbook:~ connor$ /Users/connor/Downloads/Applications/Prince\ of\ Persia\ copy.app/Contents/MacOS/cider ; exit;

2009-04-02 09:37:32.524 cider[40286:10b] ack no class

2009-04-02 09:37:32.525 cider[40286:10b] ack no class

Could not stat /Users/connor/Downloads/Applications/Prince of Persia copy.app/Contents/Resources/transgaming/f_drive (No such file or directory), ignoring drive F:

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

err:reg:Nt_openConfigW could not retrieve the module file name (reason: 'bad module')

err:sdldrv:SDLDRV_RealChangeDisplayModeForPrimarySurface Could not set new video mode. This may not be recoverable.

err:module:BUILTIN_LoadModule loaded .so but dll joystick.drv still not found

think it has to do with the video mode because of the lack of a launcher i want to try to this with the EVE cider where can i find a download to it? the full game that is or more the .exe