iPhone OS 3.0 preview, March 17th - Engadget

Ed

18 posts in this topic

iphone-3-new-1.jpg

We just got the announcement, iPhone OS 3.0 is coming. Set your clocks, mark your calendars. It's going down March 17th. Apparently, we'll get a sneak peak at the new OS, as well as a look at a brand new version of the SDK. Exciting stuff indeed, and we'll be there live at 10am PST (1pm EST) with the liveblog. Apple's calling this an "advance preview of what we're building," so we're not expecting anything ready to go as of the 17th, but hopefully this will allow developers to start building toward future functionality (hey, how about some push notifications?), and presumably users won't have too many months to wait after that for the real deal.

via Engadget - View the full article

Guest iPhone OS 3.0 preview, March 17t

[...] Read more from the original source:  iPhone OS 3.0 preview, March 17th - Engadget [...]

Also, pay a lot of attention on the hardware. I bet they will be using the insides of the new iPhone that will be released on june/july on a 3G iPhone body. It will feature a faster/better processor and better graphics chip also (from nvidia). Nvidia has a product called Tegra, see the leftmost phone this web page http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tegra_apx_us.html. Did this screens reminds you of iPhone? (hehehe)

Also, pay a lot of attention on the hardware. I bet they will be using the insides of the new iPhone that will be released on june/july on a 3G iPhone body. It will feature a faster/better processor and better graphics chip also (from nvidia). Nvidia has a product called Tegra, see the leftmost phone this web page http://www.nvidia.com/object/product_tegra_apx_us.html. Did this screens reminds you of iPhone? (hehehe)

+1, they just do the same thing they did last year with OS 2.0 and iPhone 3G.

We can just expect few memory tweaks and enhancements relative to new hardware, nothing more...

The cut/paste is expected with OS 2.3, like the wallpaper to be used on the menus (like jailbreaking does for years).

Considering Microsoft are partnering NVIDIA in the tech I would say... No.

Anyway, this 3.0 better be good, because I'm still stuck with a phone lacking basic functionality.

I would like to know what the big deal is with surfing the web on a small screen like the iphone or anyother phone?!?!?!??? If you HAVE to be connected to the web 24/7 then you have a problem... I have a nice 15.4 laptop and a nice PC at home that I use for web stuff. I do have an HTC Touch that I could surf the web but why???? the screen isn't that big. Plus the iphone does suck compared to the android phone!!! Just my 2 cents.....

I have used the iphone, G1 and BB Storm and the G1 is the better 1 to use in my tests, then the iphone and lastly the BB Storm(would be better with track ball)Still believe no one NEEDS to be connected to web 24/7.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Contrary to what our Fubra overlords would have you believe through their own advertising, this board is not for advertising of your own 'get rich quick' schemes (aka someone's "buy a 3.0 firmware activation on my dev-license" which was in one of the posts in this very topic, and I highly doubt is legal).

Example: screenshotpgd.png

Topic closed, any further iPhone dev "buy licenses off me" posts will be met with extreme hostility and likely permanent banning/removal from the board.