Laggy Mouse

6 posts in this topic

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone had a solution to laggy mouses when a lot of programs are open, or the CPU is in full use. I have a Intel q9300, and a GT9800 GFX card. I am running IATKOS v5, with the 10.5.6 update, and latest voodoo kernel.

I should also mention it doesn't seem as snappy as it should be, especially on start up (compared to windows vista). I heard around here before that the best kernel for the q9300 is the modbin, but I cant find where to download the latest modbin kernel anywhere.

Suggestions and help would be greatly appericated.

Thanks

Hi, just wanted to know if anyone had a solution to laggy mouses when a lot of programs are open, or the CPU is in full use. I have a Intel q9300, and a GT9800 GFX card. I am running IATKOS v5, with the 10.5.6 update, and latest voodoo kernel.

I should also mention it doesn't seem as snappy as it should be, especially on start up (compared to windows vista). I heard around here before that the best kernel for the q9300 is the modbin, but I cant find where to download the latest modbin kernel anywhere.

Thanks

The answer could be that your CPU is at full load and or your using a lot of applications which is taking up RAM which is making OS X slow, just as it would in Windows.

I would think at least for AMD users (and I can only say this as my experience) is that because OSX wasn't built for PC's that the extra modifications slow it down a bit maybe?

Also unless you've got OSX and Windows on the same hard drive I'd say try a faster HD.

Common problem with NVidia G92 chipsets.

You can either reflash your card with the Mac GT8800's image, or delete / disable a kext:

/System/Library/Extensions/AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

There are a few other threads about this. Search is your friend.

Thanks

+1 on this

i quit osx because of this, now i just logged in to do something with a project in Flash CS4 (don';t have CS in windows)

and after 10 minutes of full preview .swf etc osx feels laggy ;)

8800GT ,quad core, 4GB ram

boot is fast, windows minimize etc full frame rate

but after a lot of heave use of apps that need GFX core osx becomes laggy

sometimes maybe even if i play a game (i dont play games in osx i had just tried COD and i remember that when i quit back to desktop, there was lag)

things getting back to normal after restart

how to flash the card?will it be safe?

check plz this thread:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php...p;#entry1080042