Need Help Choosing Motherboard!

Ravi7791

15 posts in this topic

Hello all.

I plan to order my parts tonight or tomorrow.

This is what I have so far:

Powermac G5 Case

ThermalTake TR2 W0070 430W Power Supply

Pentium D 820

eVGA GeFORCE 6600 256MB Video Card with PCI EXPRESS

I need help choosing a mothboard. Something that wont require much work, and will alow me to overclock a little.

Well, i sold my mini for $600 so that bumped up my budget :)

Ah, That motherboard looks awsome for that price. But it only supports DDR, is that bad? Shouldn't i be looking for DDR2?

And also, I don't mind if its not Micro ATX, I'm willing to cut some of the divider up in the Powermac case

You're so lucky to be able to get all of those great parts. Anyways here is a good cheap MoBo for a Pentium D and should fit in your Powermac case.

Why would you even think of suggesting that mobo? It doesn't have GMA graphics, it uses a SIS chipset, and there's other compatibility problems. If you use that board, you're going to be disappointed at best. You'd be better off getting a board like the Asus P5LD2-VM that actually has working SATA and the GMA950 if you ever wanted QE or CI.

THERMALTAKE 430 WATT PSU

PQI 1GB DDR2 RAM

ASUS P5LD2 MOTHERBOARD

PENTIUM D 805 DUAL CORE PROCESSOR

SEAGATE 120GB HARD DRIVE [will upgrade later on]

ATI RADEON X1600 PRO GDDR3 VIDEO CARD

Sound good? lol

For the mobo, since its ATX, I'm willing to cut some of the case's divider up so its cool :(

I'm going to attempt to make it look like this :)

DSC_0006.jpg

I'd really like a case like this as well. Where did you get it?

There is an American site (someone posted it here) which sells them at $300... I'll try and dig up the link later... It was in the Mod section.