Nvidia GTX 295 support

Karakino

69 posts in this topic

(i have single pcb)

Not sure which value you've entered for NVCAP, but for the single PCB edition, you may want to use the following value in order to enable both display ports under SL successfully:

BQAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAACwAAAAA=

Congrats on making your GTX 295 single PCB edition work under SL. Attaching 2 displays should work as well.

Try the following for the NVCAP value: Look for NVCAP in your plist file and replace the value with this one for both PciRoot entries in your plist file. This will enable both displays for your setup.

BQAAAAAAAwAMAAAAAAAACwAAAAA=

I don't think it's possible to come up with one plist template to accommodate both the dual and single PCB designs.

Congrats on making your GTX 295 card work under SL. The value above will complete your setup and allow you to use 2 displays. Remember to breath when you see both displays enabled under SL.

Thanks again meroy, both my vga and dvi displays are now working in dual monitor mode, and wow that is a whole lot of pixels. I updated my guide to include this. i feel that my i7 based machine is now better than a new mac pro!

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi

I whould appreciate some help with one thing, about my EVGA co-op GTX 295 single pcb.

Everything apears to be working great with dual monitors and full acceleration, but one thing is not ok.

Everytime the graphics got in to Monitor sleep mode I cannot get to a usable desk anymore, every thing is frozen (windows docs, text) but the mouse moves arround and I can login via ssh.

Any one with the same problem?

I've already tried alot of recepies from the forum but none appear to work.

Any help whould be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...
Hi

I whould appreciate some help with one thing, about my EVGA co-op GTX 295 single pcb.

Everything apears to be working great with dual monitors and full acceleration, but one thing is not ok.

Everytime the graphics got in to Monitor sleep mode I cannot get to a usable desk anymore, every thing is frozen (windows docs, text) but the mouse moves arround and I can login via ssh.

Any one with the same problem?

I've already tried alot of recepies from the forum but none appear to work.

Any help whould be appreciated.

i will take a look at this.

have no monitor sleep activated. i'm using computer sleep mode which is working just fine.

EDIT:

I can confirm this freeze behaviour with monitor sleep!

(10.6.7=10.6.6 + downgrade drivers/opengl from 10.6.4 + Monitor at DVI-Port).

10.6.7 had no driver update.

Is it caused by the downgraded drivers from 10.6.4? or is this a "all-time-SL-295-bug" ?

I will try it in a fresh installation... will test on 10.6.0 upwards to determine where it gets f**ked-up.

Cheers.

Yoannez,

DSDT with sleep fix....for your P6T from tonymacosx86

http://www.flynflip.com/Hackintoshing/ASUS_P6T.html

Hi thanks for you hint but it did not work.

I think the problem is not related to the P6T motherboard and uniquely related to the GTX295.

This is because it only happens when the monitors go in to sleep mode, only the monitors and not the system.

When I get back to the system the mouse moves the system is working but all the graphical windows are frozen...

Any help whould be very appreciated

• 5 weeks later...

Same Problem here with a P5Q Deluxe + GTX295

Everythings Ok with 10.6.6 but after 10.6.7 Monitor sleep hangs video.

I can use ssh to connect to the computer, All services working, just the video is hang.

Regards

• 5 weeks later...

Hello, forgive my English, I use a translator.

I have GTX 295 Single-PCB running on Snow Leopard, by efi string in com.apple.boot.plist and NVGTX295.Fix.kext in E / E.

Lion I installed and followed the same steps to install the GTX 295, but the screen goes black. Lion works because I give volume and listen.

Any ideas?

Again, forgive my English

Thanks!

• 5 weeks later...

The following maybe of help for folks running 10.6.7 or earlier with a NVIDIA GTS/GTX 2xx graphics card and wanting to update to 10.6.8.

Prior to the 10.6.8 update, download two kexts by nawcom http://prasys.info/legacy_kexts_by_nawcom.zip

Unzip the file and use Kext Helper to install both EvilAppleACPIPlatform.kext and EvilIOPCIFamily.kext to /Extra/Extensions.

This ensured my GTX 295 graphics card will continue to work after the 10.6.8 update. No changes were needed to my boot plist file which has the EFI string for my GTX 295 card.

Thanks to nawcom for providing the two kexts.

The system sleep is failing though under 10.6.8 for me with this method. However, the display can sleep and wake up without any problems with Apple's native 10.6.8 drivers.

- meroy

i installed lion 10.7 on my external hard disk

rampage || Extreme

corei7 920

12 gb corsei 1600

GTX295

every thing linke network,sound... are ok...

but graphic is strange

at the system profiler know that there is a gtx295 with 896 mb but the resolution in not right and there is no QE/QI???

is there anyway to make it right or i had to buy another vga...

another ques...? which vga in good for lion and mac... be pro plz... :D???

• 6 months later...

Bumping up this one.

Im using Snow leopard with a dual GPU GTX 295 and it works fine, then i tried to install Lion with Digital Dreamers guide and everything seems perfect except the Graphics. so i google and google and tried some stuff until i get to the " computer reboots" state.

So.. any success someone to get this card functional? =)

• 1 month later...

any solutions for the CO-OP card gtx 295 896mb

im at my wits end with this card, it boots into the black screen with the NVIDIA drivers from their site, doesnt go any further

2 evil kext and nvenabler/nvgtx295enabler.kext dont work and simply give me a kernel panic, which is resolved by removing those kexts

EFI string i cant seem to generate one which works, everything ive tried regarding meroys EFI seems not to want to work, anything im doing wrong?

• 5 months later...

So I have managed to get mine to operate somewhat in 10.7.3... it was done by installing the official lion nVidia drivers and using Graphics Enabler = yes... no other strings or kexts where required... the only caveat was that the output on mine only comes from the HDMI port, not the DVI... but it does work full acceleration and is only probably running one of the GPUs, but it is at least a starting point