[GUIDE]Install Leopard on the HP DC7100 and update to 10.5.6 without DSDT

flibblesan

56 posts in this topic

Does any of you guys get variable fan speed?? My DC7100 SFF fan seem to spin at baseline regardless of load. Any Ideas?

does any one know the solution to stop variable fan speed on hp dc 7100.have tried updating the bios and changing the bios idling speed settings to minimum

does any one know the solution to stop variable fan speed on hp dc 7100.have tried updating the bios and changing the bios idling speed settings to minimum

Actually, my fan does respond to temperature. Realized this after a test where I blocked the air inlet (fan speed/noise went up).

Stopping the fan speed variation should be easy: power the fan(s) directly from PSU (and rheostat to lower voltage, haven't tested this, might give errors at boot due to "bios surveillance"??)

This solution might lead to overheating though!

I guess your problem is noise, right??

Fan-noise might be due to faulty fan or high temperature (dust, old/dry thermal paste on cpu, blocked ventilation,.....)

kulos

• 2 months later...

Hi,

I installed iDeneb 10.5.7 and it worked pretty well on my HP dc7100 Small Form Factor (SFF). The BCM5751 didn't really work (no MAC address) but after rebooting a few times, it got back its MAC address and was able to get an IP configuration via DHCP. Don't ask me why...

But I have two issues:

1. There is no sound output via the built-in speakers. I could get sound if I plug in my speakers to the audio jack.

2. The CPU info reported was Core Solo but it should be a dual core. I installed Apple SMB BIOS kext but to no avail. Some say this was purely "cosmetic" and the OS actually sees 2 CPUs. Any comments on this?

Thanks guys!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...

Hi,

My hackintosh version 10.5.6 is working brilliantly, everything worked right out of the box: network, audio and graphic card. The only that won't work is reading the temperature sensors of the CPU, motherboard etc. I have no clue how to enable it. Can someone help me out??