Hacked BIOS EEE PC 900HA

98 posts in this topic

Has anyone had any issues with partitioning the drive? I had originally partitioned C: into C: and D: but now when I want to create a third for the Mac OS, it will not let me do it. I have used Partition Magic and Easeus Partition manager, and neither will work. Is it a restriction with XP home that you cannot create more partitions?

Cheers guys

I can boot up the installation disk, and get to the point when you need to run the disk utility. I previously followed the instructions in the guide and created an unformatted partition with no drive letter in windows. I run the disk utility and select the partition I want, select Mac OS extended (journaled), and click erase, it says it's erasing, once that's finished the partition is still the same.

Any ideas? this is doing my head in. Cheers

I can boot up the installation disk, and get to the point when you need to run the disk utility. I previously followed the instructions in the guide and created an unformatted partition with no drive letter in windows. I run the disk utility and select the partition I want, select Mac OS extended (journaled), and click erase, it says it's erasing, once that's finished the partition is still the same.

Any ideas? this is doing my head in. Cheers

Finally got this to work. Am now getting the welcome loop, will use the instructions provided and hope all is working.

Finally got this to work. Am now getting the welcome loop, will use the instructions provided and hope all is working.

Good! I had no idea how to fix it. What did you finally do?

Also, the 1390 wifi arrived today and I'm installing it now!

Good! I had no idea how to fix it. What did you finally do?

Also, the 1390 wifi arrived today and I'm installing it now!

It was partly my ignorance, but I didn't realise I had to get rid of my second windows partition. So I deleted all except C:, then I formatted the Mac partition properly, then once the install was complete put the second windows partition back. Thanks for the instructions on how to work around the welcome loop, it worked like a treat.

My issue now is I was installing a bunch of kexts from the post install pack. And now when I reboot it loads to the Apple screen but once that's finished I get a bluish screen and the GUI won't load. I restarted and boot into single user mode, and tried to remove the kext's using the command in the ipis guide, but it keeps on saying no file or directory found after typing the remove command.

Anyone know which kext is causing the blue screen, I guess one of the graphics ones? Also I was think of booting up linux and just deleting them from the mac volume, would this work? What directory do they get installed to? Is it in system/library/extensions/? or somewhere else.

Thanks guys. Your help would be appreciated.

The blue screen is supposed to come up before the GUI loads. Maybe just give it some more time? I never had such a problem and I followed the same guide that everyone else has been following.

And the EEE is working perfectly. Finally. Whew. Now if only the microphone worked...

I have a working system now, and have done DSDT the patcher and have reverted back to my old bios and is booting fine.

A few things, am still getting the crappy 800 X 600 res, I followed the IPIS guide and have the kexts installed, although I didn't use the ones from the post install pack because that causes my blue screen issue. The custom res says it should be active, but the active says 800 x 600 and the display says the same. Any tips?

Also I get the shutdown where the lights are still on? But this doesn't happen always.

Cheers guys

Anyone had any issues with the resolution? anyone? any ideas?

1. open terminal

2. type: cd /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration

3. press ENTER

3. type: sudo nano com.apple.boot.plist. An xml file should open in a word editor named nano.

4. Find the line where it says <string></string> under the <key>Kernel Flags</key> line. It doesnt matter if it says something in between the the strings.

5. Between the strings type: "Graphics Mode"="1024x600x32@60" Should look like this:

<string>"Graphics Mode"="1024x600x32@60"</string>

6. Press CTRL+X. It should ask u to save the file or not. Press Y to save, than press ENTER.

7. Reboot.

Try that

{censored} doesn't work.

I've had a look at the Graphics display in the system profiler and it says that there's no Kext Loaded for Kernel Extension Info. But I have install the IntelGMA kexts, I even took some IntelGMA950.kext and IntelIntegratedFrameBuffer off a real Mac which were newer versions but still didn't work.

What I don't understand is that everyone on the thread has the same machine but are not getting the issues. What about Bios version? What that have anything to do with it? I have since changed from the modded bios 0306 to the unmodded 0502. What unmodded bios are others using?

Any other ideas?

Guys, I still need help with my dell 1390 card.

I bought it off ebay and it works great in windows and linux. When I boot into OSX it doesn't see it.

If however I open my BIOS and deactivate/activate my card and then boot into OSX I can surf the net no problem

So basically everytime I am rebooting here I have to enter BIOS. I'm using the 305 bios and DSDT patched leopard.

HELP!

• 2 weeks later...
{censored} doesn't work.

I've had a look at the Graphics display in the system profiler and it says that there's no Kext Loaded for Kernel Extension Info. But I have install the IntelGMA kexts, I even took some IntelGMA950.kext and IntelIntegratedFrameBuffer off a real Mac which were newer versions but still didn't work.

What I don't understand is that everyone on the thread has the same machine but are not getting the issues. What about Bios version? What that have anything to do with it? I have since changed from the modded bios 0306 to the unmodded 0502. What unmodded bios are others using?

Any other ideas?

I had problems using the kext helper when installing kext's.

I have had better luck just dropping the kexts in the extension folder.

For example the vid kexts..

And then going up one folder from the extension, and delete the mkext file.

Now go to utilitys and then the disk utility.

Repair the permissions, it takes a while. but after it finishes reboot.

If it did not automatically change your rez, go to the display pref and hopefully you have 1024x600 as an option. ;)

I have the universal 10.5.6 osx loaded.

kb and mouse were not working.

Msi wind driver pack fixed both.

Wifi not working, im getting a dell 1390...

Sound is not working. My only real current problem.

Windows 7 rc7100 is working so well on my 900ha that im almost thinking about ditching osx completely, smoother than xp, much smoother than vista, smoother than ubuntu 9.04 and the 10 other linux varients that i have tried in the last 6 months including the netbook remixes.

:)

• 2 weeks later...

This fixed my res problem: http://ipis-osx.wikidot.com/forum/t-140358...-10-5-6-cracked

Finally, I'm stoked it's now working. I got a dell 1390 card but didn't want to open it up and void the warranty, because it has been playing up a bit, plus I have a five year warranty as well. I'm instead getting a USB wireless adapter from http://stores.ebay.com.au/Rokland. So I will be selling my unopened one if anyone wants it.

Also what is the newest version of the bios that you can install before Mac won't boot?

Cheers guys.

I just switched to 2gb of RAM and now it won't boot up properly. Either it gives that error the Mac needs to restart or it starts but the keyboard and mouse doesn't work. It runs perfectly fine in Windows, how could a RAM change have this effect.

Any ideas? Would anything other than a re-install work?

Cheers

Edit: It generally boots up ok, but keyboard and mouse don't work, works with a USB mouse though. Also the battery indicator is stuffed, doesn't recognise that there is a battery anymore.

try reinstalling some of the kexts

Tried some ps2 kext but didn't do anything. Got the {censored} and decided to do a re-install, now for life of me I can't get the Graphics to work properly again. I tried to install the kext I previously installed but it doesn't work this time, it just blue screens. I don't get how it worked last time and doesn't this time. Anyway I have tried a multitude of things of hopefully I can get the same combination that was working last time.

Can anyone post their GMA kexts that they have had success with. Can anyone think of what I may be missing to get it working?

Anyway re-installed the millionth variation of the kext and it worked. But no quartz extreme, I gather this is because of the version of the kext. It is the 1.24 950 and 1.16 framebuffer, whereas I had 1.36 versions of both of these last time. Hopefully this will work when I upgrade to 10.5.6.

Question, when you use the iDeneb Combo upgrade, do you need to do any of the {censored} that are in most of the guides to avoid any issues?

cheers

Anyway re-installed the millionth variation of the kext and it worked. But no quartz extreme, I gather this is because of the version of the kext. It is the 1.24 950 and 1.16 framebuffer, whereas I had 1.36 versions of both of these last time. Hopefully this will work when I upgrade to 10.5.6.

Question, when you use the iDeneb Combo upgrade, do you need to do any of the {censored} that are in most of the guides to avoid any issues?

cheers

I still can't get the resolution to work. What kexts are everyone using? I've tried a few and even modified a few to no avail.

It's driving me bananas!

Guys, I still need help with my dell 1390 card.

I bought it off ebay and it works great in windows and linux. When I boot into OSX it doesn't see it.

If however I open my BIOS and deactivate/activate my card and then boot into OSX I can surf the net no problem

So basically everytime I am rebooting here I have to enter BIOS. I'm using the 305 bios and DSDT patched leopard.

HELP!

Simple solution is the pin 20 method.

Most that do it put some tape over pin #20 on the card to prevent the card from powering down, I simply choose to remove the pin from the card completely with a razor blade. It allowed the 1390 to work on my Tosh x205 and a friend of mine that has the 900ha that i installed osx on for him.

• 6 months later...