Zotac 630i mini ITX

13 posts in this topic

Hi, I´m somewhat new to all this hackintosh world, I´m currently looking to build a SFF PC with a mini itx board to use only with OSX, and the only motherboad I know that fully works is the Atom one. But I need some more power. Searching through newgg I stumbled upon this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16813500012

It has a 630i/7100 chipset, which I´ve read here that is compatible, but I cant find anywhere what sound chipset it uses, because in that same thread they say everything works but the audio, which is ALC888. Maybe this mobo has a different audio chipset, I dont know. But does anyone else know? It would be a nice mobo for a SFF build...

• 2 months later...

Macarelo -

A coworker has this motherboard and i was trying to set him up with OS X. Thanks to google i came across this post that may help you. I haven't tested it myself but it has been reported to work. Here are the kexts and the forum i found them on. I believe you will simply need to use kexthelper to get these two kexts installed and it will work. Let me know how it goes as I am also looking to buy this motherboard to upgrade my home hackintosh!

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=39050

HDA_ICH9_ALC888.zip

I just bought a similar board by Zotac. Only difference is the one I ordered has gigabit and wireless. Did you get your sound working using these drivers? What drivers did you use for video, sata etc? Did you run into any issues? What distro did you use?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Does any one have luck getting this to work? I'm looking at pointers as to what kernet, kexts and patches needed. I have leo4all 10.5.2 plain vanilla+efiv9, i would like to have a common ground as to not waste time on debugging the wrong things. currently I have installed with problems with ahci, unless i boot with cpus=1 then that has iopciresource missing stuff.

• 3 months later...
Does any one have luck getting this to work? I'm looking at pointers as to what kernet, kexts and patches needed. I have leo4all 10.5.2 plain vanilla+efiv9, i would like to have a common ground as to not waste time on debugging the wrong things. currently I have installed with problems with ahci, unless i boot with cpus=1 then that has iopciresource missing stuff.

Bump on that...I've tried iPC 10.5.6 (almost all revisions), Kalyway 10.5.2, but either get stuck with the dreaded "waiting for root device" or get a kernel panic at kernel_mount() and would appreciate some advice from those who've had success with the Zotac NF630i miniITX series.

Bump on that...I've tried iPC 10.5.6 (almost all revisions), Kalyway 10.5.2, but either get stuck with the dreaded "waiting for root device" or get a kernel panic at kernel_mount() and would appreciate some advice from those who've had success with the Zotac NF630i miniITX series.

In the BIOS, find a setting, where it says how to use the sata drives. At there select the AHCI, and then boot from the kalyway dvd.

• 3 weeks later...
In the BIOS, find a setting, where it says how to use the sata drives. At there select the AHCI, and then boot from the kalyway dvd.

Hello, I'm about to purchase this itx board. Do you know if QE/CI are supported on the zotac 630i itx?

• 7 months later...

Just subscribing to this board as I going to try a Snow Leopard install..

Anyone willing to help start a guide...

Hello, I'm about to purchase this itx board. Do you know if QE/CI are supported on the zotac 630i itx?

although this isn't the board of the future, its price makes it very interesting. Coupled with a E3300 it would be fairly capable. the only issue that bothers me is that i think i read somewhere that it couldn't playback 1080p smootly.. anyone to confirm?

edit: confirmed according to reviews. Having a hard time with 1080p while using a 3ghz E8400; so it won't me a media center. Could be a nice server / NAS though.

• 2 months later...
although this isn't the board of the future, its price makes it very interesting. Coupled with a E3300 it would be fairly capable. the only issue that bothers me is that i think i read somewhere that it couldn't playback 1080p smootly.. anyone to confirm?

edit: confirmed according to reviews. Having a hard time with 1080p while using a 3ghz E8400; so it won't me a media center. Could be a nice server / NAS though.

I'm actually looking to replace the atom motherboard that is currently in my home server so I can get snow leopard server on there (having far too many issues with the atom board), but I can't find the zotac board in stock anywhere.