10.4.5 Wireless Forum - LETS GET THIS FIXED!

Franzy

101 posts in this topic

thats because im having a problem posting it. Give me about a minute or two.

PS: it might be both. Try this new patch anyways.IO80211Family.kext_2__2.zip

Edit1: got it ^

note that this is only for mind8thought and the card that he has.

i thank you for your efforts. i'll log off from ubuntu and boot into mac now. i'll give you feedback in a few minutes.

yeah. your probably right. Sorry, i don't know much about that, but good luck on fixing it. Don't give up.

Anyone else, please feel free to leave their vender and device ID if you want wireless for any additional cards (intel, etc - anything that doesn't work with the driver on the first page).

Damn... i wish i had an intel wireless card to try this out.

So I'm assuming that ID I gave you was completely wrong! I thought it was worth a shot at least, it was the best I was able to find. Have you read the other threads on getting Intel wireless to work by any chance? They talk about changing a number in a kext to another 4 digit number, I'm wondering if that would be the device ID. Also I know one guy got his computer to detect his Intel 2200 bgWireless Card, but it didn't work just got detected.

Have you read about that at all or know anything about it? It was a while back I think.

So I'm assuming that ID I gave you was completely wrong! I thought it was worth a shot at least, it was the best I was able to find. Have you read the other threads on getting Intel wireless to work by any chance? They talk about changing a number in a kext to another 4 digit number, I'm wondering if that would be the device ID. Also I know one guy got his computer to detect his Intel 2200 bgWireless Card, but it didn't work just got detected.

Have you read about that at all or know anything about it? It was a while back I think.

Yeah ur id was completely wrong (sorry, i forgot to mention that) and no i haven't read about that ^ . But the device ID is a 4 digit number. That might be what their talking about. I might look up device IDs online and just post the different patches for the cards, then people can try them out here and tell me if they work.

mind8thought - im not sure exactly what you mean. I take it you mean a usb card that has a pcmcia slot. http://www.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod...asterid=2609423

^ that specifically says it works with mac.

Sorry Franzy, I hope I'm not wasting your time. I realize your time is valuable and I don't want to take your abilities away from the good work you could do! I have been searching for this info for a long time. I once again came across something while searching. Let me know if this helps, it's an exerpt from another page:

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27618086 (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27628086 (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_12F5103C (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_12F6103C (NO subsys info?)

I hope thos are actually valid, and if not, I'm sorry again for wasting your time!

-Auggie

Sorry Franzy, I hope I'm not wasting your time. I realize your time is valuable and I don't want to take your abilities away from the good work you could do! I have been searching for this info for a long time. I once again came across something while searching. Let me know if this helps, it's an exerpt from another page:

Intel PRO/Wireless 2200

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27618086 (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27628086 (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_12F5103C (NO subsys info?)

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_12F6103C (NO subsys info?)

I hope thos are actually valid, and if not, I'm sorry again for wasting your time!

-Auggie

yup thats it. see it says the vendor ID and device ID. That's all i need.

MLS15000 thanks for the code. It will help a lot.

Ok so since i have the codes for the intel 2100 and 2200, ill see if i can get them working. Check back on the thread in a little while (perhaps later today) for the attachments.

:thumbsup_anim: Good news! Thanks Franzy... I'll be at work from 3:30 to 10:30 so I'll check back after that! If it's here, awesome, if it's not, that's cool too!! Don't work too hard Franzy!

Thanks a lot and I'll be ready to test it right when I get home if it's there, to let you know how it turns out ^_^:D:)

hehe, my first post :D

have installed jas 10.4.6 osx and everything works great except for the wireless...so i have obvious interest in this thread, like many others. franzy, ure doing great work so far, lets hope this puzzle can be solved once and for all!

ive got an intel pro wireless 2915abg; the ids:

device instance id: pci\ven_8086&dev_4223&subsys_10008086&rev_05\4&ad1b67f&0&38f0

service: w29n51

drivers: w29n51.sys, w29ncpa.dll

hope that helps. not sure wat you have in mind, and im kinda going outta a limb here, but my guess is that there is some general intel wireless driver which you can utilise, and just need to enter in the specific ids into the info.plist of the relevant .kext. Well thats wat i did to get my broadcom 5788 ethernet to work anyway...although that involved some hex editing of the driver file itself as well. Anyway just a guess...good luck franzy!

Alright i think ive got it for all the people who's card doesnt yet work with this!!

I started fooling around with it and i came up with a logical plan that might just have a chance.

But, i need something from you guys.

Anyone who would like to participate and quite possibily get their card working, leave me the following information (it is nothing personal, i just need the device instance id, which i obtained from my inspiron 5150 and thus got the 1350s to work).

To get your device instance id, do the following

- click start

- right click my computer and select properties from the menu

- The device manager window should appear; go down to network adapters, select, and double-click your wireless card.

- In the properties menu that appears, select the details tab.

- In the dropdown list, select device instance id. select the seemingly scrambled code and copy and paste it, then post it here with the brand and model of wireless card.

For example, this is the dell wireless 1350 device instance id:

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_00031028&REV_03\4&39A85202&0&10F0

Can someone please list the intel device instance id, or any others so i can test out my theory. If this works it could be a major breakthrough in osx86 - the ability to manipulate any and every wireless card as an airport card - one of the last steps to osx86 enlightenment. :censored2:.

nothing else has worked so ill give it a try

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_00031028&REV_03\4&39A85202&0&18F0

its a Dell Wireless WLAN 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card on a dell inspiron 600m.

thanks

nothing else has worked so ill give it a try

PCI\VEN_14E4&DEV_4320&SUBSYS_00031028&REV_03\4&39A85202&0&18F0

its a Dell Wireless WLAN 1350 WLAN Mini-PCI Card on a dell inspiron 600m.

thanks

perhaps you misunderstood. The dell wireless 1350 fix is provided. See the first page of this thread and there is an attachment and instructions for the patched .kext.

The above device ID, etc is required for all other wireless cards that were not able to be fixed using the first patch. This includes intel cards, etc. Using the various device ids, i am going to edit my .kext, replacing the dell 1350 device ids with the new 1s, and test and record the results.

So... like i said. See the middle of the first page of this thread, or even the first post.

Edit1: zmat - that's the plan :censored2:.

Edit2: im sorry for the delay of the drivers for the wireless cards. I'm preoccupied with my job, etc. It may take me a while, also considering im probably going to release about 5 of them at once. Hopefully we see a positive response. Just to fill you in, this isn't just a test for the intel cards, any other cards you want to see a test for, you may leave the device ID.

Hi Franzy

Great thread btw!! :D

Just got my laptop working but its just the wifi thats not working!!

I dunno if you need another device id as you seem to have a few already but heres mine anyway:

Model: Intel PRO Wireless 2200BG Wifi card

Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4220&SUBSYS_27418086&REV_05\4&AD1B67F&0&10F0

Thanks for your help and hope we (well mainly you :o ) can solve this problem!!

Let me know if you need anything else!!

Cheers :D

hehe, franzy, sounds like a plan :)

although, i dont think just adding the vendor-pci id to info.plist by itself will work...i think some hex editing of the driver file itself is required. For example, to get my broadcom ethernet working i had use the broadcom kext, add to the info.plist, then replace certain hex values in the driver file with the last 2 charracters of my pci-id (e.g. my pci id was 169c...i had to replace "57" with "9c"...there were about 40 instances). I think the intel driver might work the same way. Of course, its harder than the broadcom ethernet cause my osx install came with the broadcom kext, whereas there's no intel kext (to my knowledge). Anyway, just a heads up :)

Here's your chance to get the working wireless support included in the next install DVD.

I've started putting together the packages for a new install DVD and I'm at wireless so if you want to have your configuration supported then now's the time to jump on board.

What I'd like to get are the updated/patched kext's to increase wireless support options.

What I don't want is people sending me kext's because I don't want to be flooded with duplicates so I'm kinda hoping Franzy has a handfull and knows specific individuals to obtain valid and stable kext files from.

I'd prefer the kext to be tar.gz'ed as root user from the installed location to avoid strange ownership and messed up link issues.

This can be achieved with the following command

su; # become root, if you get a Sorry response then you haven't enabled the root account.

(cd /System/Library/Extensions && tar czfp /NAME.tar.gz NAME); # subst NAME for the name of the kext

Include a text file with the information pertaining to the model being supported.

Send Franzy a PM telling him what you have and if he doesn't have it he'll obtain it from you, this will prevent duplicates.

I will fix the kext to reflect the model being supported and he'll pass it back to you for testing (in an installer package), temporarily disable the modified kext, install the new one and reboot, if your wireless works then everything was done properly.

Any submission not verified to be working will not be included in the Wireless Support on the 10.4.7 install DVD.

I'm hoping I can get this completed before the end of the weekend (all dependant on you submitting quickly) which is when I want to release the 10.4.7 install DVD.

Here's your chance to get the working wireless support included in the next install DVD.

I've started putting together the packages for a new install DVD and I'm at wireless so if you want to have your configuration supported then now's the time to jump on board.

What I'd like to get are the updated/patched kext's to increase wireless support options.

What I don't want is people sending me kext's because I don't want to be flooded with duplicates so I'm kinda hoping Franzy has a handfull and knows specific individuals to obtain valid and stable kext files from.

I'd prefer the kext to be tar.gz'ed as root user from the installed location to avoid strange ownership and messed up link issues.

This can be achieved with the following command

su; # become root, if you get a Sorry response then you haven't enabled the root account.

(cd /System/Library/Extensions && tar czfp /NAME.tar.gz NAME); # subst NAME for the name of the kext

Include a text file with the information pertaining to the model being supported.

Send Franzy a PM telling him what you have and if he doesn't have it he'll obtain it from you, this will prevent duplicates.

I will fix the kext to reflect the model being supported and he'll pass it back to you for testing (in an installer package), temporarily disable the modified kext, install the new one and reboot, if your wireless works then everything was done properly.

Any submission not verified to be working will not be included in the Wireless Support on the 10.4.7 install DVD.

I'm hoping I can get this completed before the end of the weekend (all dependant on you submitting quickly) which is when I want to release the 10.4.7 install DVD.

^ Sounds like a plan. I'm in. like package fixer sed, PM me telling me what you have. Packagefixer, i would like to keep in touch outside of the forum so email/im me at saturn6450@aol.com.

PS: Packagefixer, I am willing to help you. The only thing i ask you is to share the glory and spotlight and give me the recognition for my work. Ex: packagefixer 10.4.7 install DVD (w/ franzy wireless fix)

packagefixer

dude seriously i need an email address or AIM screenname, so we can talk and get the drivers straightened out. So far, no PMs so no luck on that. I want to include a long set of patches but this requires testing on each 1. Here's a list of cards in mind:

- dell 1300, 1350, 1400, 1450

- linksys cards

- belkin cards

- intel cards

the dell cards will be easy enough. the 1350 works for sure - tested on numerous systems so im sure the others will work with a change of device ids. I think i found a forum that fixes all linksys and belkins. The intels will be somewhat of a problem but we have enough people here to test anything i produce for intel. Most importantly i need tests for those dell cards, and any other cards you want to get working.

PS: im trying as hard as possible to get these patches posted. Lots of work though and takes long just posting all of them on the forum. I'm going to try my best to get them through but i hope you can give me a little extra time if necessary.

Not actually put OSx86 on my system yet, but going to soon. However, tried ubuntu on my system and it would not recognise my wireless card, so im expecting the same problem.

Device is acer IPN2220 Wireless Lan Card on an Acer Travel Mate 2300

code is :

PCI\VEN_17FE&DEV_2220&SUBSYS_03051468&REV_00\4&16793A72&0&20F0

All right here goes mine,

Device is Toshiba Sattelite A100-253 Intel® PEO/Wireless 3945ABG

code is :PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_4222&SUBSYS_10418086&REV_02\4&2803E7C1&0&00E2

Everything is working except wireless and sound (realtek HD soundcard, anyone knows how to get it working? sorry if its off-topic)

Keep up the good work Franzy, watching u :gun: