10.4.5 Wireless Forum - LETS GET THIS FIXED!

Franzy

101 posts in this topic

please can someone help me? I have a belkin f5d7001.

I have downloaded the last kext of franzis, have replaced it with mine, have restarted, and the icon of airport appears greyed out.

Can someone upload a kext that works for my card?

I think I know where's the problem, but I don't know how to edit kexts

Hello all,

I finally got the Belkin Wireless to work. Using the tips in this thread... Airport is working and it is finding SOME networks. But not the once that is unsecure and don't need a password (which Im on right now in WinXP). I only get like 4-5 secure possible connections. In Windows I get 6-8 with atleast 2 unsecure which I can connect to.

I live in central Stockholm, Sweden and have an 5 meter extension cable I drop out my window and then I find all these networks...

How come OSx86/Airport can't find my connection Im using now? Is there Windows only connections?

Any help is very appreciated...

/ Claes

Hello all,

I finally got the Belkin Wireless to work. Using the tips in this thread... Airport is working and it is finding SOME networks. But not the once that is unsecure and don't need a password (which Im on right now in WinXP). I only get like 4-5 secure possible connections. In Windows I get 6-8 with atleast 2 unsecure which I can connect to.

I live in central Stockholm, Sweden and have an 5 meter extension cable I drop out my window and then I find all these networks...

How come OSx86/Airport can't find my connection Im using now? Is there Windows only connections?

/ Claes

Well, im from the US and i don't think there are 'windows-only' connections. But, on routers, i have seen a list of compatibile operating systems under minimum requirements (however, both mac and windows were listed), so this may be a possibility.

It could also be a security that my driver doesn't support? In the first few posts, someone had complained that they couldn't connect to a certain type of network.

PS: I'm back :gun: . I'll try my idea for those wireless cards. Sorry, i realize im behind schedule :(

Well, im from the US and i don't think there are 'windows-only' connections. But, on routers, i have seen a list of compatibile operating systems under minimum requirements (however, both mac and windows were listed), so this may be a possibility.

It could also be a security that my driver doesn't support? In the first few posts, someone had complained that they couldn't connect to a certain type of network.

PS: I'm back :gun: . I'll try my idea for those wireless cards. Sorry, i realize im behind schedule ;)

I found the reason for my problem. Airport uses my inbuilt Broadcom wireless card which is inside my laptop and out of reach of the unsecure open networks. So Im not quite sure I have been able to make that Belkin USB 54g thing working yet. Tried it in school where there is good connection of wireless and it worked superb with the built in Broadcom.

How can I tell Airport to use the Belkin instead? Do I have to do this in kext files (would be slightly tidious when I bring my laptop to school and just want to hook up with the wireless there with the built in Broadcom). But at home in my little room I have to move my laptop almost outside my window to reach for the open once.

Claes.

Hello all,

/ Claes

Hi,

just download istumbler, copy it to applications, start Istumbler , right click on it, select load at login or something.

After, go to Istumbler preferences, and there select to connect any available netvork.

Thats all.

For me in this way the wireless function work under 10.4.3.

Anyway, i have a Belkin F5D7000 PCI wireless card. It works under 10.4.3 ( it is recognized az a built in ethernet card ), but i cant make it work under 10.4.6.

As far as i know from 10.4.4 there is IO80211Family.kext instead of AppleAirPort2.kext.

;) So my question is:

If i copy the neccessary contents from the AppleAirPort2.kext's Info.plist ( I mean the dev ids) I used before, to the Info.plist of IO80211Family.kext , do I have the possibility to get a working wireless under 10.4.6? Of course after the copy the usual process with kexload and so on.

:gun:

Hi,

just download istumbler, copy it to applications, start Istumbler , right click on it, select load at login or something.

After, go to Istumbler preferences, and there select to connect any available netvork.

Thats all.

For me in this way the wireless function work under 10.4.3.

Anyway, i have a Belkin F5D7000 PCI wireless card. It works under 10.4.3 ( it is recognized az a built in ethernet card ), but i cant make it work under 10.4.6.

As far as i know from 10.4.4 there is IO80211Family.kext instead of AppleAirPort2.kext.

:tomato: So my question is:

If i copy the neccessary contents from the AppleAirPort2.kext's Info.plist ( I mean the dev ids) I used before, to the Info.plist of IO80211Family.kext , do I have the possibility to get a working wireless under 10.4.6? Of course after the copy the usual process with kexload and so on.

:robot:

I tried Istumbler and its a nice app, still it doesn't has an option to change which wireless to use ( I have one inside my laptop, Broadcom + a Belkin USB thing), Why I have these two is because with the Belkin usb wireless I have bought a 5 meter extension cable that I can hang outside my window and reach several open free accesspoints.

I am quite happy that the internal Braodcom works and as I bring my comp to school its very nice to just hook up inter net in OSx86 there. So I thought of another solution. What do I need to put an access point outside my window or near (guess there is things that have better reach than that cheap Belkin USB 54g)?

Could some one post link to a product like this... Would be great not to have that extension cable to atletic stumble over each time Im going to the other side of my room.

Hi Franzy,

got osx86 10.4.7 and a mini-pci wlan-card (prism chipset).

here's the hw spec:

pci1106,3044:

Typ: IEEE 1394 Open HCI

Bus: PCI

Steckplatz: AGP

Hersteller-ID: 0x1106

Geräte-ID: 0x3044

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x1462

Subsystem-ID: 0x048d

Versions-ID: 0x0080

is there a possibility to enable airport?

gtx

sniper

I tried Istumbler and its a nice app, still it doesn't has an option to change which wireless to use ( I have one inside my laptop, Broadcom + a Belkin USB thing), Why I have these two is because with the Belkin usb wireless I have bought a 5 meter extension cable that I can hang outside my window and reach several open free accesspoints.

I am quite happy that the internal Braodcom works and as I bring my comp to school its very nice to just hook up inter net in OSx86 there. So I thought of another solution. What do I need to put an access point outside my window or near (guess there is things that have better reach than that cheap Belkin USB 54g)?

Could some one post link to a product like this... Would be great not to have that extension cable to atletic stumble over each time Im going to the other side of my room.

Hmmmm, restarted OSx86 just and everything now works.. The Blekin USB and everything.. don't know what happen. But it all works now :D

Hi Franzy,

got osx86 10.4.7 and a mini-pci wlan-card (prism chipset).

here's the hw spec:

pci1106,3044:

Typ: IEEE 1394 Open HCI

Bus: PCI

Steckplatz: AGP

Hersteller-ID: 0x1106

Geräte-ID: 0x3044

Subsystem-Hersteller-ID: 0x1462

Subsystem-ID: 0x048d

Versions-ID: 0x0080

is there a possibility to enable airport?

gtx

sniper

OK. there are many variables we have to work in this situation. First, is it a dell trumobile card? What company?

Second, 10.4.7 - im behind on the hackintosh updates. Should work unless someone crackd the 10.4.7 kernel without me knowing and ur running true 10.4.7 kernel.

Third, the stats u left are in... not english. lol. Looks like German if i had to guess :D . I can guess the obvious stuff but if you have a chance explanations would be helpful. (yet another reason to take German... )

Mainly, dont give up. Talk it out on forums. Share knowledge. I'll be glad to help.

Stay chill,

Franzy

Btw: someone pointed this misunderstanding spelling out to me. For the record, its pronounced Fronzy. I thought the a wud be inferred as such like in franz ferdinand, etc.

intel's a whole different chipset, for which it is hard to crack. It's the most wanted and most needed of all the wireless cards. Some hackers managed to get it recognized as airport, but it won't connect to any networks. They have a site (forgot what it is). Anyways, with that achieved, it seems like intel wireless it only a stone's throw away...

PS: it would be A LOT easier if Apple started using intel chipset and we had those kexts provided (Even if apple tried to 'secure' them). What a dream that would be.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey guys I'm new to this stuff but I thought I would share my experiences just in case another person had similar problems in the future. I have a dell inspiron 5150 which includes an internal wireless card. Several others who replied on this forum have the same configuration as I do and have already voiced their own success with this procedure. I however could not get the wireless functions to work at first and had to play around with the settings alot. After some work I have concluded that somehow the driver "Power Management for Laptop Batteries" that i found on this site http://wiki.osx86project.org/wiki/index.php/3rdPartyDrivers was preventing the wireless drivers from working. After i removed these drivers the airport system seemed to function properly.

Thanks for all the help!

• 4 weeks later...
Did anybody get Dell 1150 minipci to work. I am using Jas 10.4.7 version of Mac OS with wireless patch and it doesnt recognize my wireless card.

Any info is very appreciated

I am in need of this as well. Let me know if you figure out how to recognize the card.

• 3 months later...

Well, sorry to revive an old topic but...

I used this method previously on 10.4.3 and it worked wonderfully. Now I am running 10.4.9 and I see the Airport symbol at the top but it says "Airport: Is not configured". This is grayed out. When I go to network settings, I just see ethernet and firewire.

Any suggestions please?

Well, sorry to revive an old topic but...

I used this method previously on 10.4.3 and it worked wonderfully. Now I am running 10.4.9 and I see the Airport symbol at the top but it says "Airport: Is not configured". This is grayed out. When I go to network settings, I just see ethernet and firewire.

Any suggestions please?

EDIT: After doing a minor router firmware upgrade... It works just fine! Thanks for this