Hackintosh and Pc in One

mac12345

12 posts in this topic

Hey guys so I'm gonna build a quad core Hackintosh to run logic studio. I would also like to have an Ez-swap drive to run Windows xp and use sonar 8 becuase I have some pluggins that don't work in logic. I will have 4 drives to host sample libraries. My question is if I install my libraires with the Mac installer will I be able to use the program when I use my windows Xp drive?

When running windows it won't see your mac drives if they are setup GUID. You could try setting them up MBR and windows might recognize them but I don't think a program installed on OSX would run from windows.

You're right. It won't. And Windows can't even read the filesystem on an OS X drive, even if it *is* MBR.

And to the OP: If you format your sample drives as FAT32 and install just the libraries there, you should be able to use them in both Windows and OS X.

Thanks guys. So just to clarify. I have the East West Platinum Orchestra which is about 150 gigs. If I install this software using the Mac installer when I switch to Windows Xp I will still be able to use my mac installed VST's as long as my drives are formatted to FAT32?

Hi

By default, Mac OSX will read any formatted NTFS drive, but will not allow you to write to it. You can google for ntfs-3g (free, but relatively slow) or paragon-ntfs (commercial, but fast) if you wish to write to an NTFS partition from your Mac.

From WinXP's perspective (or Vista), you can try MacDrive (google is your friend) to read and write to Mac formatted partitions (HFS).

Hope this helps.