BAn

macmanner

6 posts in this topic

Ok so i really want to chat so i can start contributing in this community .. i got on the #OSX86 channel, and i asked my question, but was directed to the #apple channel... The question was about Mac.OSX.Leopard.V10.5.4-HOTiSO.. and as soon as i asked one of the mods... Was like we can not help you. so im like why?

and they start getting at me with WE DO NOT support piracy, and im like what the heck... i was directed here by another mod on the #OSX86 channel... and the kept saying about no piracy and all this.. So then im like ok, so passed the piracy. is there another Alternative, and this meaning is there ANY OTHER way that i can fix my problem and avoid piracy at the same time.... And there like NO WE can NOT help you. and im like but im asking another way without piracy.. they say "But you admitted to piracy, so we can not help".... and we i did not curse, they did not curse..

I dont think this is a reason to ban me though? i mean i even offered if there is an alternative without having to commit piracy.. and now i can not even chat on the OSX86 this is bull

What can i do?

I'm going to be honest here, we all know that in order to have OSx86 installed on your PC you have to download a copy of a Leopard disk image. But we don't provide you with that. YOU have to find it yourself. If you can't find it, then maybe you should PM someone (not me).

Ok so i really want to chat so i can start contributing in this community .. i got on the #OSX86 channel, and i asked my question, but was directed to the #apple channel... The question was about Mac.OSX.Leopard.V10.5.4-HOTiSO.. and as soon as i asked one of the mods... Was like we can not help you. so im like why?

and they start getting at me with WE DO NOT support piracy, and im like what the heck... i was directed here by another mod on the #OSX86 channel... and the kept saying about no piracy and all this.. So then im like ok, so passed the piracy. is there another Alternative, and this meaning is there ANY OTHER way that i can fix my problem and avoid piracy at the same time.... And there like NO WE can NOT help you. and im like but im asking another way without piracy.. they say "But you admitted to piracy, so we can not help".... and we i did not curse, they did not curse..

I dont think this is a reason to ban me though? i mean i even offered if there is an alternative without having to commit piracy.. and now i can not even chat on the OSX86 this is bull

What can i do?

Don't take it personally. People over at the IRC are known to be immature. Use google to find what you need and direct other questions about installing/configuring to this forum.

Most of the the info is in the FAQ/Tutorial section of this site, so you'll probably find what you need there.

I also recommend using google for searching via the "site" parameter, like this:

site:insanelymac.com <your_search_string>

Good luck!

Don't take it personally. People over at the IRC are known to be immature. Use google to find what you need and direct

This is entirely untrue, as you would know if you spent any time there yourself. The fact is that everything of any value in this community happens on IRC first. This forum was founded in an IRC channel (#osx86, in fact), and the vast majority of useful posts and breakthroughs originate there.

Why it has become fashionable for every idiot who gets themselves banned from an IRC channel to come & whine on this forum I have no idea. #osx86 is entirely independent of this site, and #apple is affiliated with MacTalk Australia & is primarily a place for members of that forum to chill & chat. Each channel has its own character, culture, and most of all rules, which it is advisable to read before making an ass of yourself, like macmanner did.

#osx86 on irc.moofspeak.net is the premier help channel for osx86 issues. Although no-one will hold your hand from noob to fully set up, nor help you find warez, cracks or serials, when it comes to exchanging information, debugging & finding solutions to OSX86 issues, it is second to none.

I'm going to be honest here, we all know that in order to have OSx86 installed on your PC you have to download a copy of a Leopard disk image. But we don't provide you with that. YOU have to find it yourself. If you can't find it, then maybe you should PM someone (not me).

Actually, no on both counts: buy leopard, everyone! and *DO NOT* PM people asking for warez, a single complaint about this kind of PM will get you at the very least a suspension from this forum.

Ok i see.. the thing is i am not whining and i was just asking if there is a way to get back on, if there is no way i am okay with that, i Cab "Chat" on the forum. its just actual CHAT would be better and faster. :D but hey all i need is a no.. im fine with that..

And i wasn't asking where i could get the download! that was not what i asked.. I only was having some problems burning it or mounting it. Thats all i was asking. i never once asked for a link nor a website on where i could get the program or any warez..

Please understand my situation

Ok i see.. the thing is i am not whining and i was just asking if there is a way to get back on, if there is no way i am okay with that, i Cab "Chat" on the forum. its just actual CHAT would be better and faster. :D but hey all i need is a no.. im fine with that..

And i wasn't asking where i could get the download! that was not what i asked.. I only was having some problems burning it or mounting it. Thats all i was asking. i never once asked for a link nor a website on where i could get the program or any warez..

Please understand my situation

Well surely they can help you in burning or mounting the image... I would, jeez.

So what's your issue you're having? I'll help you, *cough* considering I'm a little more considerate than most people here...